Page 72 of 328 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 8178
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be hard-pressed to convince me the Ignite have a coach. Maybe some single father of three rolling in from the office saying "Go have fun out there, boys" and sitting down with a bag of chips. Except they're not having fun. This is dire. Imagine playing crap ball in front of twenty people instead of entering hardcore conference play against pounding arenas with systems that are teaching you how to play. Ignite is a disaster.
    Not even arguing the point, but for the record Ignite went 1-1 both last year vs. Wemby's mets ( no Scoot on the second lost game) and this year vs. Sarr's PERTH WILDCATS. While it's been decades international teams stopped even playing US College teams for lack of compe itvity.

Again, not discussing the best environment for development, which is a different topic, but that's still notable as far as "organised BB" is concerned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even arguing the point, but for the record Ignite went 1-1 both last year vs. Wemby's mets ( no Scoot on the second lost game) and this year vs. Sarr's PERTH WILDCATS. While it's been decades international teams stopped even playing US College teams for lack of compe itvity.

Again, not discussing the best environment for development, which is a different topic, but that's still notable as far as "organised BB" is concerned.
    What does that mean? They won glorified exhibitions early in the year? Scrimmages?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he’ll have to be elite at that at the next level with what looks to be a negative wingspan (and being 6ft). But JJ Re was able to make it was a T-Rex arms largely because of shooting off movement.
    his lack of size is my main issue with him. His shooting and elite handles make him an intriguing fit though if his game translates.

Topic on the other hand reminds of Manu passing wise, he just knows how to make the right reads and seems to get to the rim with ease. He's also pretty big for a PG if his measurements are accurate. The main flaw with him is shooting and his lack of an in between game. Even if he becomes a good catch-and-shoot player, which I think he will, he won't be able to make those shots off the bounce.
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 02-05-2024 at 11:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    topic will not help space the floor. Nor will he apply pressure on defenses with better athletes. Dillingham will do both.

we don’t need more guards that can’t shoot the three
    His magic gift isn’t floor spacing, it’s not needing it to get where he needs to go.

Oh,and his FT shooting is superb at 85.5% at Mega, a VERY strong shooting signal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG who can pressure the rim but won’t space the floor as a shooter… don’t we have that guy starting at PG already?

And Tre is actually a decent defender (and our defensive stats have improved significantly since he moved into the SL and Wemby went to C).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is a backup at best not saying Topic is my pick but I understand in this draft every one has things they need to work on. As exstatic mentioned he is a great FT as his percentage shows and your betting his 3 ball will only get better as he gets a little older as he is quite young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ......and Dilingham won't create for others.

You want an early career Kidd type of player with less defense or an early career Iverson with much better shooting for Wemby?
    Dillingham is going to be a certified star in this league, with Damian Lillard like Upside…. The same player that Fans here were clamoring for us to trade for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​
    His magic gift isn’t floor spacing, it’s not needing it to get where he needs to go.

Oh,and his FT shooting is superb at 85.5% at Mega, a VERY strong shooting signal.
    he won’t find it that easy against NBA level athletes. Annointing him as Luka Jr., is foolish and HIGHLY unlikely (not you but others on this board). And he hasn’t had Lukas level success in Europe to even make that projection. Topic’s projection is Vaporware at this point as far as I’m concerned.

You know what’s better than shooting signals? ACTUAL SHOTMAKING. We need shooting from our guards now, not possibly three years from now, if we’re lucky.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what’s better than shooting signals? ACTUAL SHOTMAKING. We need shooting from our guards now, not three years from now.
    Exactly.
    Devin is the only solid shooter who's going to be on the roster the next season. And even he's at pedestrian 36%.

I've got no clue if Dillingham is the real deal, but if we draft someone who's guaranteed to be a good shot maker in the league, worst case scenario we get ourselves some solid bench scoring.
    Drafting point guards that can't shoot in 2024 is way too risky. Especially if they're also bad defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have much doubt Topic will pressure the rim. He's fast. Maybe not Parker fast, but he's fast. He'll actually pressure the rim much more than Dillingham, who is too slight of build to be a threat there. Dillingham is pretty bad at the rim. Also Dillingham is more quick in movements than overall fast.

People keep making this mistake in saying Topic is unathletic or below the rim when speed is athleticism and most guards are below the rim.
    sigh. In the NBA if you can’t shoot they’re going to overguard against the drive. In the 2024 NBA guards have to be able to shoot to open up the rest of their games as creators. The days of Ben Simmons and Rajon Rondos and Ricky Rubio’s are over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sigh. In the NBA if you can’t shoot they’re going to overguard against the drive. In the 2024 NBA guards have to be able to shoot to open up the rest of their games as creators. The days of Ben Simmons and Rajon Rondos and Ricky Rubio’s are over.
    Sigh. Players who can't shoot get into the lane all the time. I guess you don't watch the Spurs because Tre Jones is there like ten times a game. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh. Players who can't shoot get into the lane all the time. I guess you don't watch the Spurs because Tre Jones is there like ten times a game. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
    Are we talking about the same Tre Jones that everyone on this board, and this franchise is currently trying to replace with someone better, and the main thing they’re trying to upgrade is his scoring? That Tre Jones? I think you’re making my point, for me.

youre so entrenched in the wrong opinion that you’re defending Tre Jones. Sure he’s better than Point Sochan, but he’s so far away from the answer that we desperately tanking to get his replacement. Don’t be disappointed when we draft A better shooting version of Tony Parker with draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we talking about the same Tre Jones that everyone on this board, and this franchise is currently trying to replace with someone better, and the main thing they’re trying to upgrade is his scoring? That Tre Jones? I think you’re making my point, for me.

youre so entrenched in the wrong opinion that you’re defending Tre Jones. Sure he’s better than Point Sochan, but he’s so far away from the answer that we desperately tanking to get his replacement. Don’t be disappointed when we draft A better shooting version of Tony Parker with draft pick.
    Stop moving the goal posts, sigh. Sigh. Sigh. We're talking about players able to get to the rim. Sigh. Sigh. Tre Jones can't shoot and he gets there all the time. Sigh. Sigh. Just accept your argument is crap. Sigh. Sigh. And move along. Sigh. Sigh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham is going to be a certified star in this league, with Damian Lillard like Upside…. The same player that Fans here were clamoring for us to trade for.
    then we need to find defenders because Vassel is not good, Dillingham would be bad, Sochan I’m not sure. As of now, only Wemby is a good defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​

he won’t find it that easy against NBA level athletes. Annointing him as Luka Jr., is foolish and HIGHLY unlikely (not you but others on this board). And he hasn’t had Lukas level success in Europe to even make that projection. Topic’s projection is Vaporware at this point as far as I’m concerned.

You know what’s better than shooting signals? ACTUAL SHOTMAKING. We need shooting from our guards now, not possibly three years from now, if we’re lucky.
    So Dillingham will be Lillard and Topic will be bad for sure from outside. With respect, having definitive takes about prospects is probably the worst thing during the draft process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr Body is always in love with point guards who can’t shoot. His favorite in the last draft was Anthony Black. And piss, he seems to like piss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr Body is always in love with point guards who can’t shoot. His favorite in the last draft was Anthony Black. And piss, he seems to like piss
    Lol, no, it was the perpetual whiners who couldn't enjoy a single victory without pissing in a communal jug and all slurping from it. You know that.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny Davis had a good FT% in college and it didn't translate into better shooting in the NBA. Not a sure thing Topic will be a good 3 pt shooter because of his high FT%.

If you want a good 3 pt. shooter then better to get one who already is showing signs he's a good shooter. If you want a shooter then Dillingham is the player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Worst Case For Any Player Is Scary. Dillingham Can Very Likely Become The Next Devonte Graham Or Patty Mills… While A Useful Player, I Would Hate That.

At The Same Time I Would Hate A McDermott Outcome From Risacher Too.

Or A Samanic Outcome From Matas.

Or A Udrih Outcome From Topic.

Or A Lonnie Walker Outcome From Jakobe Walter

This Draft ing Sucks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with Dilly is he is not even close to being 6’3 - I am thinking he is probably 6’0 without shoes and to go with his slim build of 175 pds - I just think he is going to get killed on the defensive side and will not be playable in playoff games. I just can’t see us using a top 4 pick on a very good bench player now if we decide to go with a SF with our first pick and manage to get the Raptors pick then I would consider him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then we need to find defenders because Vassel is not good, Dillingham would be bad, Sochan I’m not sure. As of now, only Wemby is a good defender.
    Tony Parker was never a good defender but we had Tim Duncan behind him. Where we really need defense is at the SF position.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is do you like Dillingham enough and believe in his shooting to compensate for lack of size and other weaknesses in his game.

I don't

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny Davis had a good FT% in college and it didn't translate into better shooting in the NBA. Not a sure thing Topic will be a good 3 pt shooter because of his high FT%.

If you want a good 3 pt. shooter then better to get one who already is showing signs he's a good shooter. If you want a shooter then Dillingham is the player.
    Davis was also a rising college senior when he was drafted, not 18.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his lack of size is my main issue with him. His shooting and elite handles make him an intriguing fit though if his game translates.

Topic on the other hand reminds of Manu passing wise, he just knows how to make the right reads and seems to get to the rim with ease. He's also pretty big for a PG if his measurements are accurate. The main flaw with him is shooting and his lack of an in between game. Even if he becomes a good catch-and-shoot player, which I think he will, he won't be able to make those shots off the bounce.
    I don’t really get the Dillingham fascination. We’ll see his measurements at the combine, but he is tiny with a tiny wingspan. We’re not talking about quickley or maxey here who were UK guards on the shorter side, but with massive wingspans that allowed them to get shots up more comfortably against size. Topic is the clear and shoulders top PG prospect, which isn’t saying much unfortunately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody has destroyed me yet for suggesting that I may like Sochan better at SF than PF.

Sochan is more of a small ball PF to me, he’s a little lacking in height for the PF position. When we play him at the 4 and Keldon at the 3, we are really lacking height. Throw in the short for their positions Jones and Vassell, and we wonder why we get creamed on the glass night after night.

The reason I bring this up again is because of how it changes our priorities. Many are lusting after our next “long 3” at SF, when PG and PF/C are the bigger glaring needs to me.

Thread Information