San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol el nono post count won't go any higher lol
    Wrong

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad your post vount the same after pages of posts. Terrible math strikes again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad your post vount the same after pages of posts. Terrible math strikes again.
    Sad you predicted 10k deaths and went hiding in your bunker like a . You hate to see it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad you predicted 10k deaths and went hiding in your bunker like a . You hate to see it.
    usa not even at 10k per cdc

I'm right you're not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    usa not even at 10k per cdc

I'm right you're not
    show your math or back to the bunker,

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thldren pwnt

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cdcs math

Lol

You be pwn pwn pwned

Cdc and nono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cdcs math

Lol

You be pwn pwn pwned

Cdc and nono
    lol babbling meltdown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cdcs math

Lol

You be pwn pwn pwned

Cdc and nono
    another dodge. CDC says well over 100k+ deaths. Now show your math or foldren.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another dodge. CDC says well over 100k+ deaths. Now show your math or foldren.
    cdc says almost 6% died from covid.. now you do the math

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy I'm getting sick of the "Sweden argument" from the anti-lockdown crowd on the hole known as twitter. Conservative media is also on the Sweden bandwagon. Let's take it apart.

"Sweden proves lockdowns don't really work, and they haven't torpedoed their economy based on faulty models and wrong assumptions about the virus's mortality rate."

Sweden is not "business as usual."

They can't have events with more than 50 people. School closures for over 16. And even though their stay-at-home orders aren't as stringent as everyone else's, the Swedish have voluntary stayed-at-home. Here's their movement data.

https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf

Key figure here is the -41% in retail and recreation. That is only 7 percentage points lower than California's https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf.

What this means is that Sweden's lax measures aren't doing much to prop up the hardest hit economic sectors (your bars, restaurants, clubs, theaters) because people aren't too keen on going to those right now. So "the Swedish Model" isn't going to help with that if we stupidly try to apply it here.

"We should apply the Swedish model to save the economy, as they've proven you can have an open economy and mitigate spread."

Sweden hasn't "mitigated" the spread at all. Let's return to that above movement data from them and California. California is socially distancing a bit more, but given the exponential nature of epidemic growth, that 41% vs. 48% figure in retail/recreation movement and 24% vs, 40% in workplace movement has proven huge. California has 4 times the population of Sweden, 5 times the population density, more multi-person homes (Sweden has one of the highest rates of single person homes in Europe), more international travel, and CA's death rate is 37 per million vs. Sweden's 192 million.

"Other Euro countries have locked down and are doing worse than Sweden."

Countries like the Netherlands and Belgium have not locked down, with the former going for the herd immunity strategy. Not working out too well for them. And many of those other hard hit regions in Europe are suffering because they were late to lockdown. And the UK went for the herd immunity strategy early on and is on pace to become the hardest hit country in Europe.

That said, I won't argue if the Swedish strategy works for Sweden. But the supporters of that strategy are making the apples to oranges comparison fallacy. Sweden's population density is 57 people per sq mile. That's lower than Utah's, a sparse state. 50 percent of their working population already worked from home before this. They have more single person households. I would assume the average Swede is in better physical shape than the average American. They have no cities with over 1 million people. They have some things in their favor that they can try this strategy that many US regions don't. It might work on a very region specific basis, but not countrywide. And it has no hope in of working in densely populated areas.
    Hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cdc says almost 6% died from covid.. now you do the math
    CDC says 167,558 deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Now show your math or foldren.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC says 167,558 deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Now show your math or foldren.
    ComorbiditiesTable 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ComorbiditiesTable 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities,
    thlpost move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lololololol more gossip. That doesn't mean COVID had nothing to do with the death. This is the same disingenuous I was pointing out earlier, like somebody claiming that HIV doesn't kill people.

Go back to your bunker, , until you're ready to shw yur math.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its less than 6k covid only. There are thousands of deaths attributed to covid that have not been lab confirmed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lololololol more gossip. That doesn't mean COVID had nothing to do with the death. This is the same disingenuous I was pointing out earlier, like somebody claiming that HIV doesn't kill people.

Go back to your bunker, , until you're ready to shw yur math.
    lolololol

El nono be like hey covid is so dangerous you have to have 3 other comorbidities to die from covid.

Lolololololpl

El nono with the bads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its less than 6k covid only. There are thousands of deaths attributed to covid that have not been lab confirmed.
    lolololol

El nono be like hey covid is so dangerous you have to have 3 other comorbidities to die from covid.

Lolololololpl

El nono with the bads
    multiple posts for the same thlpost move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolololol

Lolololololpl

El nono with the bads
    bunker meltdown after being called out. You hate to see it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More deaths due to cuomo sending infected elderly to nursing home than died in all of sweden with no lockdowns or masks.....

Yikes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More deaths due to cuomo sending infected elderly to nursing home than died in all of sweden with no lockdowns or masks.....

Yikes
    cuomo fail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossipy loser talking to himself "the best part of his day"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yikes
    Ifr lower than flu

Thread Information