Page 73 of 377 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 9422
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still playing AC:Odyssey... if you enjoyed the Egypt one, this is about 20x bigger (without any DLC). Just huge, huge map, and lots of to do.

Downloaded RDR2, but won't start it prolly until next year. I heard it's buggy, so by the time I start it might be patched already.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet God of War will be somewhere for $20 in a month since Sony just dropped its MSRP to $39.99.
    Damn I was close

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...000000GODOFWAR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still playing AC:Odyssey... if you enjoyed the Egypt one, this is about 20x bigger (without any DLC). Just huge, huge map, and lots of to do.

Downloaded RDR2, but won't start it prolly until next year. I heard it's buggy, so by the time I start it might be patched already.
    You grabbing Shadow of the Tomb Raider in today's CPY sale?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought 2 100 PSN cards (after the hack, I never put sensitive data, let alone Cc numbers on their servers) and I’m about to go loco with some purchases. Feel free to recommend a few games everyone.

Just bought Life is Strange season 2 pass to start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You grabbing Shadow of the Tomb Raider in today's CPY sale?
    Already played it on the PS4, tbh... solid game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought 2 100 PSN cards (after the hack, I never put sensitive data, let alone Cc numbers on their servers) and I’m about to go loco with some purchases. Feel free to recommend a few games everyone.

Just bought Life is Strange season 2 pass to start.
    Yeah I always buy the giftcards too. I have no confidence in Sony keeping CC info safe. Damn $200 PSN cash will get a lot this time of year. God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, and Persona 5 have to be must buys at the current price. I can't remember if you already have NieR Automata (I remember you were really hyped about the demo back when I thought it looked like it would be a crap game) but that's worth getting at $30 also (don't bother with the DLC though). I presume you bought TLOU for $6. AC Origins for $24 ain't bad and neither is Yakuza Kiwami 2 at $35, though you should play Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami before Kiwami 2 since the stories of each game are intimately tied into the previous game's story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already played it on the PS4, tbh... solid game
    But you can play 1080p30 with RT on with your $1200 RTX 2080 Ti in this version of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually no, I take it back. Battlefield V is still the only game with any RT implementation whatsoever yet.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I'll have to pirate it soon
    defs worth especially for free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mhm

tho its funny ima start my ps4 library with mostly remastered ps3 games ... outside of spiderman, ima get last of us and the arkham games to start with. should keep me occupied enough for a while. might also just pick up god of war during the deal too
    If you're buying that bundle at Gamestop tomorrow you should seriously get Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for $10 there. That's probably the greatest deal I have ever seen on a PS4 game, no joke. I bought the base game at $50 and the DLC at $20 and it was easily worth that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defs worth especially for free
    Dude you know any Switch manufactured before July 2018 has a hardware exploit allowing CFW to be injected that Nintendo cannot patch via firmware updates? So you can have a jailbreak and be on current firmware.

How do you think Octopath compares to the SNES era Final Fantasy games?

I'll prob just keep it on original firmware and buy my games though, since with CFW the system crashes after the 32nd game launch between boots and requires injecting the CFW during every boot (but not when waking from sleep).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Load times are pretty rough right now. Though to be expected with how impressive graphically RDR2 is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're buying that bundle at Gamestop tomorrow you should seriously get Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for $10 there. That's probably the greatest deal I have ever seen on a PS4 game, no joke. I bought the base game at $50 and the DLC at $20 and it was easily worth that.
    I was planning on running to target since they open at 8am. Local GameStop opens at 11. Is the zero dawn deal GameStop exclusive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was planning on running to target since they open at 8am. Local GameStop opens at 11. Is the zero dawn deal GameStop exclusive?
    Yeah. It'll be $20 anywhere else, which is still a monstrously good deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I always buy the giftcards too. I have no confidence in Sony keeping CC info safe. Damn $200 PSN cash will get a lot this time of year. God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, and Persona 5 have to be must buys at the current price. I can't remember if you already have NieR Automata (I remember you were really hyped about the demo back when I thought it looked like it would be a crap game) but that's worth getting at $30 also (don't bother with the DLC though). I presume you bought TLOU for $6. AC Origins for $24 ain't bad and neither is Yakuza Kiwami 2 at $35, though you should play Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami before Kiwami 2 since the stories of each game are intimately tied into the previous game's story.
    I have all of those above which is great since that saves me a lot more to spend on other games I've been looking at.

Not sure if I should go ahead and get a PS+ subscription. I'm not a multiplayer guy and the games they offer for free most of the time are a pass.

The crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy is going for 20 right now so that's mine. Getting the Batman Return to Arkham bundle for 5.

That Dishonored collection going for 30 dollars for 3 games.

This is awesome. How's Nioh? Does it play anywhere near like Onimusha in terms of gameplay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bought the slim

its so beautiful ... especially compared to my behemoth PS3 i had sitting in its place

bought return to arkham, last of us remastered, and god of war for a combined $26 with the 20% discount code ... will also be picking up horizon zero down complete edition for $10 at gamestop when they open, already have it ordered. that amount of games combined with spiderman should keep me occupied for a good amount of time, especially since i'm still not exactly playing on a daily basis or anything near that. probably won't be in that mode until about summer

unfortunately my current internet situation is ty af as so ima be downloading all day before i get to play anything... but i wanted to watch football anyway so it all checks out

thanks for all the recommendations baseline bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have all of those above which is great since that saves me a lot more to spend on other games I've been looking at.

Not sure if I should go ahead and get a PS+ subscription. I'm not a multiplayer guy and the games they offer for free most of the time are a pass.

The crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy is going for 20 right now so that's mine. Getting the Batman Return to Arkham bundle for 5.

That Dishonored collection going for 30 dollars for 3 games.

This is awesome. How's Nioh? Does it play anywhere near like Onimusha in terms of gameplay?
    I have never played Onimusha but I'd say Nioh is kind of like Ninja Gaiden from XBox/PS3. I think it's overrated in the reviews but still a solid 8/10 or 8.5/10. The story is but the combat is pretty cool. The second or third boss in the game (Hino-Enma) is monstrously difficult though when your character is so low level. Hino-Enma in Nioh is probably second only to Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne's DLC for hardest bossfight I have played in a game this generation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bought the slim

its so beautiful ... especially compared to my behemoth PS3 i had sitting in its place

bought return to arkham, last of us remastered, and god of war for a combined $26 with the 20% discount code ... will also be picking up horizon zero down complete edition for $10 at gamestop when they open, already have it ordered. that amount of games combined with spiderman should keep me occupied for a good amount of time, especially since i'm still not exactly playing on a daily basis or anything near that. probably won't be in that mode until about summer

unfortunately my current internet situation is ty af as so ima be downloading all day before i get to play anything... but i wanted to watch football anyway so it all checks out

thanks for all the recommendations baseline bum
    No sweat man. That's ing killer that system comes with a 20% off code. It's funny, The Last of Us was the very first game I played when getting my PS4. It's a pretty impressive introduction to the system. Also if you like the Batman games you might really like Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. I think that's $6 in the current sale. I wasn't really a fan but I had to be about the only gamer on Spurstalk who wasn't playing that when it came out in 2014.

EDIT: Crap, it was at Gamestop and used where I saw it cheap ($6.99). Not sure why I was thinking it was on PSN cheap.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-18-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also if you like the Batman games you might really like Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. I think that's $6 in the current sale. I wasn't really a fan but I had to be about the only gamer on Spurstalk who wasn't playing that when it came out in 2014.
    You weren't the only one and I really wouldn't reccomend that game even though it is not a bad game per se.

I tried finishing that game twice but just couldn't because it was a drag and boring.

I still have it so if anyone is interested I can probably mail it to them.

Imo, too much going on on the screen I thought. Everything was thrown at you from side quest to main quest to building your own orc army and so on. That's a lot.

spurraider21 Should look at the Witcher 3 too. GOTY version with all DLCs included is cheap on Amazon. It will keep you playing for half a year or more.

For some reason, the PS store is still selling that for 50 bucks. that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You weren't the only one and I really wouldn't reccomend that game even though it is not a bad game per se.

I tried finishing that game twice but just couldn't because it was a drag and boring.

I still have it so if anyone is interested I can probably mail it to them.

Imo, too much going on on the screen I thought. Everything was thrown at you from side quest to main quest to building your own orc army and so on. That's a lot.

spurraider21 Should look at the Witcher 3 too. GOTY version with all DLCs included is cheap on Amazon. It will keep you playing for half a year or more.

For some reason, the PS store is still selling that for 50 bucks. that.
    Yeah I strongly second The Witcher 3 Complete Edition. Just not now. That game drops to $25 all the time on PSN.

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/...mplete-edition

It's one of the biggest games ever made and took me about six months to finish despite not playing anything else whatsoever in those six months. It's an easy 9.5/10 in my book. The combat is really cool with all the weapon customization, it's incredibly impressive graphically (especially the lighting), the voice acting and character writing is top notch, it has lots of interesting side quests, and is arguably the best 3rd party game to be made this generation.

I'd personally put it just a little behind Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition though, which is another 9.5/10 masterpiece in my book (though it has nowhere near the critical acclaim of The Witcher 3). I love that game, it's basically like a 1970s B-movie about zombies with such satisfying and ultra-violent combat once you level up a little and can start chopping arms off, heads off, and so on. Even though it's a game with a large following I think it's the most underrated game of the generation. The first person parkour when you escape by the skin of your nuts from a volatile giving chase at night is pretty impressive. Getting The Following Enhanced Edition of the game is a must though because it's where the last 1/3 or so of the story is. The full version of the game (Dying Light The Following: Enhanced Edition) already has a $20 MSRP. Kind of surprised to not see someone offer it for $10 on Black Friday, though Gamestop's Black Friday ad probably won't be out until tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited by baseline bum; 11-18-2018 at 03:44 PM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo baseline - Any XBone RPG recommendations? Gonna get one for Black Fri prices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo baseline - Any XBone RPG recommendations? Gonna get one for Black Fri prices.
    These are all amazing:

1. NieR Automata
    2. Dying Light The Following: Enhanced Edition (a little more a first person action/parkour game, but it has RPG elements and is a very good game)
    3. The Witcher 3 (make sure to get the complete edition, as the DLC is must play)
    4. Dark Souls Remastered (if you didn't play the original last gen)

I haven't played enough of Dark Souls III to recommend it yet but I loved Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne, so I'd imagine it's a great game too. Fallout 4 and Dragons Age Inquisition are also good games, but a step below the top 4 I listed. I think most people would put The Witcher 3 as the best RPG of this generation and you could make a really good argument for it. It's around 400-450 hours of really high quality content.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet
    thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you get Dying Light, make sure you get Dying Light The Following: Enhanced Edition because it has all the DLC, including the ending of the game. The base game is great but the DLC is a must since it gives the last 30% to maybe 40% of the main story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a load of crap. The new rumor is PS5 in either March or November 2020 and that it'll push 4k60 for $500. No ing way.

Thread Information