Some post-game quotes.
    ing idiots with the "22-4" stat.......Fail

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notes on a scorecard: Even when struggling, Manu is still MVP candidate
    Tim Griffin

...On the ensuing possession, Ginobili split the Denver’s double-team defense as he hit a wild circus bank shot — with extra English, thank you — that ended up being his second game-winning shot in as many nights.

But Ginobili wasn’t finished. As the 6-foot-8, 238-pound Anthony streaked past Richard Jefferson and appeared to have a clear path to the basket for the game-winning hoop, Ginobili stepped in his way to take the charge with 0.4 seconds left.

It was the kind of play a Most Valuable Player would make. Ginobili did it.
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...mvp-candidate/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan and Manu's on court interview after the game.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tn...s=iref:nbahpt2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu. Flipin. Ginobili.

First Manu hits an acrobatic four-footer — twisting, splitting the double team and kiss it off the glass with English — to give the Spurs a one-point lead with 4.2 seconds left. Then on the other end he makes a perfectly-timed double team — not moving until Carmelo Anthony put his head down then beating him to the spot — to draw the charge on what would have been the Nuggets game winner.

Denver fans, don’t blame the refs for this one, you were fortunate to have the lead at all — remember it was a too-hot inbounds pass from Antonio McDyess to Ginobili that bounced straight to Anthony that gave you the lead in the first place. Then there was the three missed free throws down the stretch, Nene missed a few chippies before fouling out, Arron Afflalo had been hot all night but missed a wide-open look near the end, there was the missed opportunity to foul Tim Duncan. You had your chances before the final call — and that call was the right one anyway.

Tim Duncan had 28 points and 16 boards. Credit the Spurs — the road back-to-back with Denver on the second night (where you are playing at al ude) is one of the toughest in the game and they won anyway. This team is legit.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ht-on-winning/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs grinded this one out hard, and came up with a victory. This was an awesome game to watch besides a couple Nugget leads and that J.R. Smith dunk at the end of the 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who was that? She was cheering like crazy for the Spurs all game long

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who was that? She was cheering like crazy for the Spurs all game long
    I don’t know … but good pair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mcdyess threw a hard pass but don't blame him for the TO..

manu got fouled.. he would've caught that pass had he not been shoved in the back..
    this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They must really big because that camera is like 100 ft away and they look huge even from that distance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Views from the Other Side:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz18OWPyaJC

Nuggets lose to Spurs 113-112 after game-winner called off
    Ginobili's shot hits, Melo's gets waved off
    By Benjamin Hochman
    The Denver Post

Jubilation!

Deflation.

In a matter of seconds, Carmelo Anthony's game-winning shot turned out to be a game-ending charge. In a nail-biting, 113-112 loss Thursday night to the Spurs, the Nuggets' Anthony drove the lane in the final seconds and appeared to hit the biggest shot of the season — but the officials said Manu Ginobili drew a charging foul in the lane on Melo, giving San Antonio the ball (with 0.4 seconds left) and the win.

"Obviously what I think — and what they called — are two different things," Anthony said. "I thought I made a great play. I saw how Richard Jefferson was guarding me, I attacked and I don't think we could have gotten a better look.

"It's tough going out there and playing as hard as we played, and then to lose a game on something like that."

The final minutes of the game made hearts pound, from courtside to the rafters. The Spurs led by nine with 5:35 left, but the Nuggets clawed back with some passionate play until the end.

With 8.4 seconds left, Anthony's dunk cut the Spurs lead to 111-110, then Antonio McDyess' inbounds bounced off Ginobili's head (as he was guarded by J.R. Smith) and Melo recovered the ball for another dunk — giving Denver the 112-111 lead. Ginobili then scored with 4.2 seconds left, grabbing the one-point lead back from Denver and setting up the final play.

"I never even saw it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of the Anthony charge. "I just saw Carmelo barreling to the rim and I am thinking 'Oh, my God.' Then it was a charge."

Ginobili had hit a game-winning shot just the night before against Milwaukee — and Thursday, he won the game on both ends of the court.

The game did show that the Nuggets — without Kenyon Martin, Chauncey Billups and Chris Andersen — have some fight in them, yes, sir. But a loss is a loss.

"We had moments in the third and fourth where we could have turned off our intensity,
    Nuggets coach George Karl reacts to a controversial foul at the end of the San Antonio-Denver game Thursday at the Pepsi Center. (Karl Gehring, The Denver Post)
    but we turned it up," Nuggets coach George Karl said.

As for the final call, "It's a play that goes either way a lot," said Karl, whose team is 15-10. "It seems like referees, they like to hit us with tough calls — it was a tough call. It was good basketball. He made a great play. It was close."

Karl said he thinks he has never seen a game end like that — and that's saying something for a guy with 1,000-plus wins.

As for the Nuggets' strategy on the final Anthony play, Karl said he "just wanted to get (everyone) out of his way once he got the ball. Ginobili came from a long way off. Maybe we wished Arron (Afflalo) was spaced better. But I think Ginobili would have gotten there, either way."

Anthony — whose days are numbered in Denver, barring a surprising change of heart — had another gritty game while battling a right thumb injury. No, it wasn't sparkling, like his 35-point outing against Orlando on Tuesday, but Melo finished with 31 points and nine rebounds.

The Nuggets entered the night on a 10-game home winning streak (11-1 overall at the Pepsi Center), including Tuesday's resume-builder against Orlando.

The Spurs came in with the best record in the league (21-3) but had played the night before, winning on an emotional Ginobili shot.

The Nuggets came out on the attack, trying to bury the beleaguered visitors, and led 37-28 after one quarter. But the Spurs, because they're the Spurs, made it a
    game, finally taking their first lead with about three minutes left in the third quarter.

Asked if he'd seen the replay of the charge call, Anthony said, "I don't want to see it."

Read more: Nuggets lose to Spurs 113-112 after game-winner called off - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz18OWPyaJC

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know what Reggie Miller said that was wtf??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Melo and Denver ing. The refs were all day on your side. Where was the fould by Afflalo on Manu??
    How bout the bs call against Mcdyess on that offensive rebound they took from him. And Timmy did'nt get allnight F*ck that big baby melo. Worst of all it's a clear as day charge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs 113, Denver Nuggets 112: Manu Ginobili Sheela na Gig
    by Timothy Varner
    48 Minutes of

Manu Ginobili is not a basketball player. He’s an exhibitionist. And so far this this season what he is showing-off is worthy of MVP consideration.

Keep reading →

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs 113, Denver Nuggets 112: Manu Ginobili Sheela na Gig
    by Timothy Varner
    48 Minutes of

Manu Ginobili is not a basketball player. He’s an exhibitionist. And so far this this season what he is showing-off is worthy of MVP consideration.

Keep reading →
    Great article...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy had a HUGE game tonight!!! 28 and 16 with 4 assists and 4 blocks.
    Tell me about it, he had soo much confidence and energy throughout the game I loved it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Karl got hit with a fine for criticizing refs on this game.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/18/r...ller-fined-25/

Thread Information