Page 74 of 377 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 9406
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing through spiderman, the game looks/feels great.

i think they did a great job, basically took the open-world element of spiderman 2 (formerly the mecca of spiderman games, imo) and mixed in the combat/stealth system of the batman: arkham series. while that version of combat can still be monotonous, it still feels rewarding and is miles better than any other spiderman game. sm2 felt a bit like assassins creed 2, where even in a big swarm of enemies, you sorta have to stand around and wait for someone to attack so you can counter, and it would feel odd at times. the arkham style combat (not sure what to call it) lets you be much more proactive while also placing an emphasis on dodging and cool looking finishers.

when it comes to web swinging, there's pros and cons compared to spiderman 2. you were decidedly faster in SM2, and it was much more of a challenge physics wise, whereas Spiderman (ps4) does seem like its on autopilot with some built in swing assist and is much more animation heavy. however, the visuals on the new version are head and shoulders better, the in-air maneuvers are much cooler to look at. also the web zip and the point launch are amazing additions that make travel more diversified. i've barely unlocked any suits, but i wish the homecoming suit included the glide feature like in the movie...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpiderMan kicks ass.. I finished the main story and haven't started the first DLC yet.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i got sucked into destiny 2 since it was free now i bought the damn forsaken expansion and im balls deep in this . im gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got sucked into destiny 2 since it was free now i bought the damn forsaken expansion and im balls deep in this . im gay
    I have that game, played the main story... vanilla as , tbh, but playable... no way I'm getting the expansions

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing through spiderman, the game looks/feels great.

i think they did a great job, basically took the open-world element of spiderman 2 (formerly the mecca of spiderman games, imo) and mixed in the combat/stealth system of the batman: arkham series. while that version of combat can still be monotonous, it still feels rewarding and is miles better than any other spiderman game. sm2 felt a bit like assassins creed 2, where even in a big swarm of enemies, you sorta have to stand around and wait for someone to attack so you can counter, and it would feel odd at times. the arkham style combat (not sure what to call it) lets you be much more proactive while also placing an emphasis on dodging and cool looking finishers.

when it comes to web swinging, there's pros and cons compared to spiderman 2. you were decidedly faster in SM2, and it was much more of a challenge physics wise, whereas Spiderman (ps4) does seem like its on autopilot with some built in swing assist and is much more animation heavy. however, the visuals on the new version are head and shoulders better, the in-air maneuvers are much cooler to look at. also the web zip and the point launch are amazing additions that make travel more diversified. i've barely unlocked any suits, but i wish the homecoming suit included the glide feature like in the movie...
    Game looks amazing but my backlog is so long now it would be stupid for me to not wait for it to hit $20. Ugh buying that Switch didn't help my backlog at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpiderMan kicks ass.. I finished the main story and haven't started the first DLC yet.
    You get them for free or something?

The DLCs are barely an hour an a half. A scam imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You get them for free or something?

The DLCs are barely an hour an a half. A scam imo
    I pay for third party les...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're not on PC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're not on PC
    tbh, even though I have a monster PC, I haven't used it for gaming in ages...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, even though I have a monster PC, I haven't used it for gaming in ages...
    LOL yeah the last two games I played on PC were Zelda BOTW on Cemu and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE also on Cemu. Though my system is more midrange by today's standards (was pretty badass when I built it in 2014). But two Wii U games on PC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Originally played on the first Xbox way back when, but playing the PC version (can't remember if there were supposed to be differences). Great level design, and health packs are objectively superior to regenerating health horse . Great tension when you're low on health and have to figure out how to attack a situation.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Game looks amazing but my backlog is so long now it would be stupid for me to not wait for it to hit $20. Ugh buying that Switch didn't help my backlog at all.
    I feel you. I have Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and Horizon: Zero Dawn that I haven't finished (or barely started), and that's only this gen. I can't justify buying anymore games right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel you. I have Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and Horizon: Zero Dawn that I haven't finished (or barely started), and that's only this gen. I can't justify buying anymore games right now.
    LOL. My PS4 and PS3 backlog is filled with so many long JRPG that would take me years to clear out. And I'll be either buying or pirating a bunch of Switch games too now. It's probably cheaper to pirate the that will work on 6.1 and then buy a brand new Switch for legit games on 6.2 and beyond since it looks like 6.2 won't be cracked for a long time. And my current Switch has the RCM bug that can be used to load CFW on 6.1 or below.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-21-2018 at 08:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two Wii U games on PC.
    You need the Khashoggi treatment..

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yall are making me wanna get that 200 dollar PS4 Spidey bundle...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need the Khashoggi treatment..
    I'm getting frustrated by the lack of well priced gpu upgrades and it's driving me from PC gaming. As well as with Maxwell's performance falling off a lot. My 970 used to be about even with your 1060 but thanks to Nvidia's planned obsolescence my 970 is now clearly at least a tier below the 1060 6GB. And with 2070 being a $600 gpu with 1080 level performance it doesn't look like there will be a decently priced upgrade until at least mid 2019 when hopefully AMD shocks the world and releases a Navi gpu that isn't a piece of like Fiji and Vega were (Hawaii back in 2013 is the last good thing they have done with gpus).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yall are making me wanna get that 200 dollar PS4 Spidey bundle...
    PS4 has a great gaming library and it's cheap. The only top game on the system you're going to be paying full price for is Red Dead Redemption 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm getting frustrated by the lack of well priced gpu upgrades and it's driving me from PC gaming. As well as with Maxwell's performance falling off a lot. My 970 used to be about even with your 1060 but thanks to Nvidia's planned obsolescence my 970 is now clearly at least a tier below the 1060 6GB. And with 2070 being a $600 gpu with 1080 level performance it doesn't look like there will be a decently priced upgrade until at least mid 2019 when hopefully AMD shocks the world and releases a Navi gpu that isn't a piece of like Fiji and Vega were (Hawaii back in 2013 is the last good thing they have done with gpus).
    They got a 2080 for 649.00 on the ebay mobile app.. It's fulfiled through Newegg you just gotta go thru the app. I still wouldn't upgrade from what you have though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got a 2080 for 649.00 on the ebay mobile app.. It's fulfiled through Newegg you just gotta go thru the app. I still wouldn't upgrade from what you have though..
    That's still a ripoff IMO. When I got my 970 in 2014 it was previous gen flagship level performance (eg 780 Ti level) for $340. By 2016 previous gen flagship level performance went to $450 with the 1070 offering 980 Ti level performance. Now this gen you gotta go up to 2080 to get 1080 Ti level performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After beating Bowser in Super Mario Odyssey I have to say it's the best game I have played since NieR Automata. My top 5 this gen would be:

1. Bloodborne
    2. NieR Automata
    3. Super Mario Odyssey
    4. Dying Light
    5. Persona 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On second thought Navi would have to be truly amazing for me upgrade my gpu right before the next console gen. The PC release I'm really looking forward to is Cyberpunk and I want to make sure I have enough gpu for it when it launches. When Cyberpunk comes out that might be the one thing to make me go for a higher end card. Too bad 70 series will probably never be in the sub $400 range again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is totally badass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't pull myself away from RDR2. I don't know how people were beating this game so quickly. I've put I don't know how many hours into it and I'm still early in chapter 4. There is just so much to do and see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't pull myself away from RDR2. I don't know how people were beating this game so quickly. I've put I don't know how many hours into it and I'm still early in chapter 4. There is just so much to do and see.
    Agreed.

I initially wasn't going to buy this game so I decided to watch a playthrough on youtube instead. Took me about the Train heist to stop and go buy it for myself.

I love Rockstar games but they devote so much of their games to online that I am starting to get away from them a bit. As a completionist, that bugs me because I know it's impossible for me to get 100% of the game completed.

Thread Information