Page 76 of 106 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2630
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, right now, the most likely scenario (assuming Parker isn't ever traded) is Mills for Irving.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Kyrie's world maps have a "Here Be Dragons" region.
    Hahahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, right now, the most likely scenario (assuming Parker isn't ever traded) is Mills for Irving.
    Lolwat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is that Spurs offered some kind of package involving a veteran guard. I've been told that Parker is off the table. So the most likely scenario is that Mills is traded for Irving. Remember that Mills hasn't signed yet. So he's on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is that Spurs offered some kind of package involving a veteran guard. I've been told that Parker is off the table. So the most likely scenario is that Mills is traded for Irving. Remember that Mills hasn't signed yet. So he's on the table.
    could have been a shooting guard too, as in danny green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills cant be signed and traded to Cleveland because they're over the cap and in the tax. He also couldn't be traded if he signed with SA until December. So I don't think it would be the most likely offer tbh. Probably Green/Murray and a pick imo. Somehow I don't think spurs are trying to trade Aldridge as hard as others may think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could have been a shooting guard too, as in danny green.
    No...it's Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills cant be signed and traded to Cleveland because they're over the cap and in the tax. He also couldn't be traded if he signed with SA until December. So I don't think it would be the most likely offer tbh. Probably Green/Murray and a pick imo. Somehow I don't think spurs are trying to trade Aldridge as hard as others may think
    Exactly. Mills with Cleveland makes the most sense. Cavs actually play more of the "beautiful game" than the Spurs right now. Which should lead to plenty of step in threes for Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Mills with Cleveland makes the most sense. Cavs actually play more of the "beautiful game" than the Spurs right now. Which should lead to plenty of step in threes for Mills.
    LMAO exactly what Leetonidas said tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO exactly what Leetonidas said tbh
    Yep. The only fly in the ointment is whether Cavs feel like it's enough value for Kyrie. Which may drag LMA or Pau into the discussion. But if the Spurs can land Kyrie, I'm OK giving up Mills and Pau. Would like to see what LMA does in a contract year.
    We'd probably need another big but I'd be willing to take that risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It had to be green. Mills was a FA and can't be traded for months.
    I think the offer was modest: Green and a pick ... maybe Green and Murray or Green and White, but that's it. I doubt very much "the farm was offered".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the offer was modest: Green and a pick ... maybe Green and Murray or Green and White, but that's it. I doubt very much "the farm was offered".
    That's a great point. Mills is the only player that makes sense in a trade for Kyrie. Maybe they have to sweeten it with Pau for Love as well.
    I'm OK with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursforSix talking straight from the anus.

"I've been told" "Word is Spurs offered"

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That's a great point. Mills is the only player that makes sense in a trade for Kyrie. Maybe they have to sweeten it with Pau for Love as well.
    I'm OK with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Love the Slater gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude...it was earlier in this thread. Also, I have some sources that are in the know and not available to the general public.
    You don't know how close PATFO were to signing Gilbert Arenas.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HaHa! Kyrie is staying put.
    This could also be a maneuver to drive down the price of acquiring him via trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Suns are giving away Jackson now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could also be a maneuver to drive down the price of acquiring him via trade.
    Sure; it could be. And that would be smart not to strip the team you are going to - if you plan to stay there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be a message to all the folks on here to keep trying to trade the farm for him assuming he's going to be around for eight years.
    Like this is breaking news or a reason to proceed with caution. Of course he's not going to commit to a new situation beforehand, when he doesn't have to make a decision for 2 years.

It's about playing the odds though. For all his flaws, there is virtually no chance of Spurs or the majority of teams attaining a player as good or better anytime soon, so they can either pursue a trade to the fullest extent (even if it is virtually impossible to consummate) or nitpick damn near every player to death and wait on a unicorn . . . while increasing the odds of Leonard leaving in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green and Murray won't work do to trade rules, Anderson would have to be added to make the money work.

Green
    Murray
    Anderson
    2018 1st round pick

still an underwhelming return tbh. Miami and Phoenix could easily top that deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure; it could be. And that would be smart not to strip the team you are going to - if you plan to stay there.
    the second part gives Kyrie way too much brain credit.

I think he just wants to limit the pursuers to those he is interested in. I doubt he gives a if it means the destination team losing a few players.
    Do you really think....

"oh ...I'm not going to get to play with Aldridge or Green?"

Those top shelf players have big egos and other than Kawhi leaving, I don't think Kyrie gives a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To add on to that: Cleveland has $142 million in salary, the tax apron is $5 million over the luxury tax which would around $124 million.

IIRC if a team uses their MLE or acquires a player via S&T they are hard capped and can't exceed $124 million in payroll.

Mills couldn't be traded without some serious salary being offloaded by Cleveland, if he hasn't already been officially signed.

Also Green, Murray, and Anderson are the only non Parker, Kawhi, or Aldridge trade that works trade wise, I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To add on to that: Cleveland has $142 million in salary, the tax apron is $5 million over the luxury tax which would around $124 million.

IIRC if a team uses their MLE or acquires a player via S&T they are hard capped and can't exceed $124 million in payroll.

Mills couldn't be traded without some serious salary being offloaded by Cleveland, if he hasn't already been officially signed.

Also Green, Murray, and Anderson are the only non Parker, Kawhi, or Aldridge trade that works trade wise, I believe.
    Exactly. Mills is the only priority asset that makes sense. So likely Mills plus Aldridge/Gasol for Kyrie plus big.

Thread Information