Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1960
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here at 9am it was 80 degrees with a dew point of 76. I ran to store and came straight home.
    That was our 6AM weather today lol

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here at 9am it was 80 degrees with a dew point of 76. I ran to store and came straight home.
    What was that pretty little wife of yours doin' when you got back, fart-face?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do it because you are a jealous little and it bothers the out of you, Beta Blake. It gives me great pleasure that I am so deep in your head that you have to try and make some stupid comment every time I post.
    your posts are looking more and more like koriwhat's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That evening wind is coming off the gulf and bringing more humidity, not less man. Gotta have a wind from the north for it to drop humidity but we won't see that until Monday night when the less-hot front blows in. Probably means Monday daytime will be hotter than forecast from the compressional heating ahead of the front.
    The haze today is enough to cut with a knife. Canceling things I wanted to do outside today. Even the pool is already close to being too warm to be enjoyable

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That evening wind is coming off the gulf and bringing more humidity, not less man. Gotta have a wind from the north for it to drop humidity but we won't see that until Monday night when the less-hot front blows in. Probably means Monday daytime will be hotter than forecast from the compressional heating ahead of the front.
    So it’s that type of battle.
    Wind definitely is much better for evaporative cooling.
    But there is definitely a point where wind has its cooling effects counterbalanced with humidity.

And then I must have water stops working to soak myself. The wicking rag I wear is super helpful in cooling my back, neck and head. The ground fortunately is still cool enough so there is still cooler water if you run the water a bit at the water stops. I have only water 3 bottle holders on my bike and I’m not going to wear a backpack or use big packs on my bike. I’m giving it a shot. Swimming is great but I need to put my legs to work. Not gonna run on a treadmill inside and definitely not running outside (it’s counterproductive for me in this type of heat and humidity.)

I cannot imagine working construction… Thats just nuts. You really got to plan to stay in the shade as much as you can. Work West early and move east opposite the sun. (If you are lucky enough to have a structure to provide shade)

I wonder what they do pouring slabs… Do it at night? The concrete sets more poorly if you can’t cool water it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The haze today is enough to cut with a knife. Canceling things I wanted to do outside today. Even the pool is already close to being too warm to be enjoyable
    The NISD pool is open from 1-3 pm on most weekdays if you can get off work.
    Closed for some Memorial Day stuff I think
    Definitely cooler all year compared to neighborhood pools.
    But it’s lap swimming.

Bottomline is I can’t just sit inside.
    We may have to move at some point as this just sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And now we have officially hit 100 on May ing 25th more than a month before the historical average first 100 degree day

1. 74 days in 2023
    2. 59 days in 2009
    3. 58 days in 2022
    4. 57 days in 2011
    5. 41 days in 2013
    6. 36 days in 2020
    6. 36 days in 1998
    8. 33 days in 1948
    1 day in 2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it’s that type of battle.
    Wind definitely is much better for evaporative cooling.
    But there is definitely a point where wind has its cooling effects counterbalanced with humidity.

And then I must have water stops working to soak myself. The wicking rag I wear is super helpful in cooling my back, neck and head. The ground fortunately is still cool enough so there is still cooler water if you run the water a bit at the water stops. I have only water 3 bottle holders on my bike and I’m not going to wear a backpack or use big packs on my bike. I’m giving it a shot. Swimming is great but I need to put my legs to work. Not gonna run on a treadmill inside and definitely not running outside (it’s counterproductive for me in this type of heat and humidity.)

I cannot imagine working construction… Thats just nuts. You really got to plan to stay in the shade as much as you can. Work West early and move east opposite the sun. (If you are lucky enough to have a structure to provide shade)

I wonder what they do pouring slabs… Do it at night? The concrete sets more poorly if you can’t cool water it.
    Well the wind can hardly make it much more humid than it already is, as we haven't set into our summer dry... no less wet, heat pattern yet as the dewpoint is 73 at 3PM. Good enough for a 115 heat index in my zipcode right now.

At least hopefully the plants are killed off before we get the mid 80s daytime dewpoints we had in late June last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the wind can hardly make it much more humid than it already is, as we haven't set into our summer dry... no less wet, heat pattern yet as the dewpoint is 73 at 3PM. Good enough for a 115 heat index in my zipcode right now.

At least hopefully the plants are killed off before we get the mid 80s daytime dewpoints we had in late June last year
    It was 102 with 38% humidity for 115 heat index. (Airport numbers)
    And on the bike not that bad!
    Two best things to have based on my own experience is wind and shade (took the very shady route of the greenway) if it’s available. (Given the temp and humidity) 17 mph winds SSE. I think it gusted higher.

Oh. I also did not push it. Hardly ever got out of the saddle to peddle and coasted more than usual.
    Moving north is still an option.
    Also all the water stops were working so I got some nice soaks to evaporate off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And now we have officially hit 100 on May ing 25th more than a month before the historical average first 100 degree day

1. 74 days in 2023
    2. 59 days in 2009
    3. 58 days in 2022
    4. 57 days in 2011
    5. 41 days in 2013
    6. 36 days in 2020
    6. 36 days in 1998
    8. 33 days in 1948
    1 day in 2024
    fkn ridiculous…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was 102 with 38% humidity for 115 heat index. (Airport numbers)
    And on the bike not that bad!
    Two best things to have based on my own experience is wind and shade (took the very shady route of the greenway) if it’s available. (Given the temp and humidity) 17 mph winds SSE. I think it gusted higher.

Oh. I also did not push it. Hardly ever got out of the saddle to peddle and coasted more than usual.
    Moving north is still an option.
    Also all the water stops were working so I got some nice soaks to evaporate off.
    I'd say relative humidity doesn't really tell you much about how the air feels; gotta go dew point for that measure. Any dewpoint below 45 is amazing, think of how mountain air on a Colorado summer morning feels. Dew point below 55 is still really nice, like a fall day in SA. Dew point 60-65 is where it starts feeling kind of humid. Dew point 65-70 gross. Dew point 70-75 face feels sticky the second you step outside. Dew point 75-80 face feels like you rubbed butter all over it if you spend two minutes outside. Dew point 80-85 FML how do you breathe water? For comparison sake dewpoint was 72-76 today, whereas during that horrible stretch of three days in June last year it was up to 84 in the middle of the day which is the highest I have ever seen it here and is more in line with the worst days in say in Kolkota, India.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did y'all hear about Florida banning shade breaks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did y'all hear about Florida banning shade breaks?
    So they copied us a year later?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your posts are looking more and more like koriwhat's.
    you just proved my point! Any time I post you have to respond with another stupid post.

Sadly for you, you just keep posting like Butt Hurt Beta Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    compe ive sadism is a significant feature of Republican leadership

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say relative humidity doesn't really tell you much about how the air feels; gotta go dew point for that measure. Any dewpoint below 45 is amazing, think of how mountain air on a Colorado summer morning feels. Dew point below 55 is still really nice, like a fall day in SA. Dew point 60-65 is where it starts feeling kind of humid. Dew point 65-70 gross. Dew point 70-75 face feels sticky the second you step outside. Dew point 75-80 face feels like you rubbed butter all over it if you spend two minutes outside. Dew point 80-85 FML how do you breathe water? For comparison sake dewpoint was 72-76 today, whereas during that horrible stretch of three days in June last year it was up to 84 in the middle of the day which is the highest I have ever seen it here and is more in line with the worst days in say in Kolkota, India.
    Agree.

But I get a wider variation of numbers.
    You can definitely feel it changing depending if you are by vegetation or rocky creek bed as well as slight elevation differences especially when the air is still. Dry white rocky creekbed is awful in this weather. Underpasses vary. The greenway trials really change in elevation on Leon Creek trail.

And how I feel on a bike is very non scientific. Shade and wind are my friends during our summers now. I just can’t believe it used to be so much easier. I got a new hybrid type bike that just glides and is really comfy body fit wise. Still does not defeat extreme weather.

The breathing in of humid hot air is interesting as it’s more doable imo if you are cooling properly. When I read about the women’s Olympic marathon in Japan, and they had two military physiologists announce and write about it, I got some insight.
    This is when I truly realized how important evaporative cooling is in the summer. And how wind by a cold seashore can absolutely open cracks on your face because of such rapid cooling.

Im really just doing my best to climatize as best as I can right now. Another August and Sept like we had will trigger a meeting of the tribe concerning relocation. I’m definitely better in warm weather but this is just stupid hot/humid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot wheels needs a flat on some new pavement being laid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its always the same pussies crying over and over again,,,,,,why dont you move out of Texas if you hate the heat and the restrictive policies of Abbott?,,,,you know why you wont?,,,,because your pussies,,,,plain and simple. Oh,,,woe is me,,,,global warming,,,,no rest breaks,,,,,my privilege is suffering,,,,,,,,shut the up with your daily heat posts and do something about it if your so ing concerned,,,,, the border for you democrat s but it gets hot and you want everyone to pay attention,,,,,lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you still in Texas, you stupid ? Go somewhere else where its cooler with a democrat majority.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    compe ive sadism is a significant feature of Republican leadership
    Again,,,,why are you in Texas?,,,,go to a democrat state. Why torture yourself in a republican state that has heat?,,,,unless youre just a stupid ,,,,

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why haven't you killed yourself because Biden defeated you?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Its always the same pussies crying over and over again,,,,,,why dont you move out of Texas if you hate the heat and the restrictive policies of Abbott?,,,,you know why you wont?,,,,because your pussies,,,,plain and simple. Oh,,,woe is me,,,,global warming,,,,no rest breaks,,,,,my privilege is suffering,,,,,,,,shut the up with your daily heat posts and do something about it if your so ing concerned,,,,, the border for you democrat s but it gets hot and you want everyone to pay attention,,,,,lmao
    Why are you still in Texas, you stupid ? Go somewhere else where its cooler with a democrat majority.
    Again,,,,why are you in Texas?,,,,go to a democrat state. Why torture yourself in a republican state that has heat?,,,,unless youre just a stupid ,,,,
    Buildin' a string of shoe stores across Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fkn ridiculous…
    ing excessive heat warning for today and tomorrow. Until last year we'd usually only get these three or four times a year in the hottest of years and now we're getting two in May.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just proved my point! Any time I post you have to respond with another stupid post.

Sadly for you, you just keep posting like Butt Hurt Beta Blake.
    Are you posting while driving or did you pull over on your way to Colorado just to rage post here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me taking a bike to work isn't suddenly going to cool down Texas. You're stupid if you think this all starts at the individual person level.

And it looks like according to you, if we focus even more on the border, we'll get a lot cooler.

Did you also inject yourself with bleach when Trump told you to?

Thread Information