Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1960
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ing excessive heat warning for today and tomorrow. Until last year we'd usually only get these three or four times a year in the hottest of years and now we're getting two in May.
    You have a choice, once chosen that's it ever more. You can have the Internet, OR A/C.

Chose.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a choice, once chosen that's it ever more. You can have the Internet, OR A/C.

Chose.
    AC easily. Now your turn: Trump goes to prison and Biden then Mayor Pete win the next two elections or dewpoint is 78F where you're at for the next ten years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Border or climate change!
    A/C or internet!

Trump s and their false dilemmas

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Border or climate change!
    A/C or internet!

Trump s and their false dilemmas
    vs. you guys who on day 1 of Trump tried to blow him and his family up in the White House.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    AC easily. Now your turn: Trump goes to prison and Biden then Mayor Pete win the next two elections or dewpoint is 78F where you're at for the next ten years.
    The former without hesitation. I probably only have 10 years left. I ain't spending it at that dew point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Got another for ya:::You can have A/C, but you're not allowed to wipe your ass, or use a bidet ever again. You can shower and bath, but you cannot wipe that bum, bum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For everyone living in Texas, what is it that is keeping you in Texas?

Some people hate the politics, some people hate the "God hates Texas" weather. What's tying you down to stay in that state?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some people hate the politics, some people hate the "God hates Texas" weather. What's tying you down to stay in that state?
    Nothing but habit and custom. I'm feeling cozy and reasonably happy in Austin, believe it or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, sure, you can solve some problems by moving away from them.

It is weird to me how often that suggestion comes up on this board. What might be true for an extreme situation might not be the best rule of thumb. C'est la guerre. I guess complaining about complaints trumps every problem in this best of all possible worlds.

You see, no problems really exist -- just complainers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nothing but habit and custom. I'm feeling cozy and reasonably happy in Austin, believe it or not.
    Just thank Christ you've givin' up trunin' it.

Good boy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean, sure, you can solve some problems by moving away from them.

It is weird to me how often that suggestion comes up on this board. What might be true for an extreme situation might not be the best rule of thumb. C'est la guerre. I guess complaining about complaints trumps every problem in this best of all possible worlds.

You see, no problems really exist -- just complainers.
    ...like when Trump made President. Sure.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our coastline and kayak fishing.
    This State has a variety of cool outdoor places.
    Well, they used to be “cool”.

My ties to the State run very deep from family as well. Texans from way, way back. 4 generations going to UT Austin. And the ones before that did not go to college from way, way back actually fought for the losing side in the Civil War. It’s funny for me to see native Texan on the back of a shiny elevated pickup with the requisite steel balls on the trailer hitch. I have a salt water rotted out truck that I keep alive in the critical care unit. (My driveway) It actually performs truck like functions without the testicles.

But… looking for a change. Plans are in the process. Negotiations ongoing. Lots of whathaveyou’s.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Born and raised in Texas with family still here. Current work is very Austin based. Will sit on muh assets and hope they appreciate (even) more to help facilitate an eventual move to a cooler and maybe less overtly corrupt place.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My ties to the State run very deep from family as well. Texans from way, way back. 4 generations going to UT Austin. And the ones before that did not go to college from way, way back actually fought for the losing side in the Civil War. It’s funny for me to see native Texan on the back of a shiny elevated pickup with the requisite steel balls on the trailer hitch. I have a salt water rotted out truck that I keep alive in the critical care unit. (My driveway) It actually performs truck like functions without the testicles.

But… looking for a change. Plans are in the process. Negotiations ongoing. Lots of whathaveyou’s.

Born and raised in Texas with family still here. Current work is very Austin based. Will sit on muh assets and hope they appreciate (even) more to help facilitate an eventual move to a cooler and maybe less overtly corrupt place.
    You ain't a turnin' it, fellas.

No.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Born and raised there too, all blood relatives still there, deep roots also. Kinda got stuck in California and now we're permanently here, for good or bad.

I also empathize with the corrupt government issues. It wont change, but I can hope that Humboldt and the North Eastern quadrant of the state get on board with the Eastern 3rd of Oregon and complete the Greater Idaho movement. Would be neat to see a map change of the country in our lifetimes.

But, as-is right now, I'm quite comfortable here in California and it's a swell place to live once you learn to get over the corruption and class genocide.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have you done any fishing excursions in California? This is a bad-ass state for anglers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you done any fishing excursions in California? This is a bad-ass state for anglers.
    My brother lives in Santa Barbara. So only sal er.
    He has a boat in that beautiful city marina.
    We go out to all those beautiful islands and fish for yellowtail, white bass, halibut, occasional tuna and the various rockfish.
    (The fishing has definitely changed with the water temps. Tuna get up there now, but Yellowtail and white bass are much more difficult now.)
    Go to the various shallow rock kelp beds and fish for calico bass. Anchor or tie up moor during the night.
    I find it incredibly pleasant going to sleep in the bottom of a boat where you can hear the water against the hull.
    I love looking and trying to identify all the giant cargo ships from all over the world that come through.
    All of the different types of dolphin and porpoises, there is so much too look for. It is a little scary if you get the fog rolling in but my brother has some good weather apps and such so we try and stay safe.

I even went snorkeling for spiny lobster but only during the daytime. I dont know the tides and water well enough so it was unsuccessful but lots of things to see.

But I cannot afford this kind of fishing.

In Texas:
    I have kayak in my garage, muscle for a much quieter and healthy ride, and miles and miles of wadeable water all while making almost no noise.
    And I have so much more experience as I have been doing this the majority of my life. Pull the truck over, pull out my kayak. And Im on the water.
    No motor to rot, very little metal to corrode. Its a beautiful thing. Very little maintenance and cost compared to a boat. I have seen kayakers in California mostly fishing for halibut.
    BUT... getting through the surf looks like a royal pain in the neck. Kayaking in California is definitely a more dangerous experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brother lives in Santa Barbara. So only sal er.
    He has a boat in that beautiful city marina.
    We go out to all those beautiful islands and fish for yellowtail, white bass, halibut, occasional tuna and the various rockfish.
    (The fishing has definitely changed with the water temps. Tuna get up there now, but Yellowtail and white bass are much more difficult now.)
    Go to the various shallow rock kelp beds and fish for calico bass. Anchor or tie up moor during the night.
    I find it incredibly pleasant going to sleep in the bottom of a boat where you can hear the water against the hull.
    I love looking and trying to identify all the giant cargo ships from all over the world that come through.
    All of the different types of dolphin and porpoises, there is so much too look for. It is a little scary if you get the fog rolling in but my brother has some good weather apps and such so we try and stay safe.

I even went snorkeling for spiny lobster but only during the daytime. I dont know the tides and water well enough so it was unsuccessful but lots of things to see.

But I cannot afford this kind of fishing.

In Texas:
    I have kayak in my garage, muscle for a much quieter and healthy ride, and miles and miles of wadeable water all while making almost no noise.
    And I have so much more experience as I have been doing this the majority of my life. Pull the truck over, pull out my kayak. And Im on the water.
    No motor to rot, very little metal to corrode. Its a beautiful thing. Very little maintenance and cost compared to a boat. I have seen kayakers in California mostly fishing for halibut.
    BUT... getting through the surf looks like a royal pain in the neck. Kayaking in California is definitely a more dangerous experience.
    Have you done the lighthouse lakes? I have had good success kayaking in there this time of year. Trout to 28" and school reds. Turn in at Crab Man, turn right, count ten telephone poles and park and unload. Cross the ship channel to a little cut that opens up to a great grass bottom lake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you done the lighthouse lakes? I have had good success kayaking in there this time of year. Trout to 28" and school reds. Turn in at Crab Man, turn right, count ten telephone poles and park and unload. Cross the ship channel to a little cut that opens up to a great grass bottom lake.
    I know light house lakes like the back of my hand. And I really used to love them the most.

When we had that huge freeze a whole of a lot of mangrove died which was not good.
    We are now seeing the effects as the roots of the mangrove held a lot of mud in place.
    When it gets windy, lighthouse lakes now muddies much quicker imo. Its harder to see fish now.
    But it still has little nooks and crannies the airboats and regular flat bottom boats cant get to so I still fish it. Especially if I can find a couple of weekdays open to miss the boat rodeo of people just driving over fish. I dont mind the guys in the boats with fly rods as they actually look for fish and are quiet. Its a great place, but if too crowded I go elsewhere.
    I would not mind seeing a no motor zone there. Like they have done in some of the smaller freshwater lakes.
    Actually the boats kind of limit themselves as they run over each other and get into arguments. "you scared my school!" Its funny because the schools are tiny now. The dont gather near as often as they are run over too much. I wish there were more giant oyster patches like some of the places up north.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know light house lakes like the back of my hand. And I really used to love them the most.

When we had that huge freeze a whole of a lot of mangrove died which was not good.
    We are now seeing the effects as the roots of the mangrove held a lot of mud in place.
    When it gets windy, lighthouse lakes now muddies much quicker imo. Its harder to see fish now.
    But it still has little nooks and crannies the airboats and regular flat bottom boats cant get to so I still fish it. Especially if I can find a couple of weekdays open to miss the boat rodeo of people just driving over fish. I dont mind the guys in the boats with fly rods as they actually look for fish and are quiet. Its a great place, but if too crowded I go elsewhere.
    I would not mind seeing a no motor zone there. Like they have done in some of the smaller freshwater lakes.
    Actually the boats kind of limit themselves as they run over each other and get into arguments. "you scared my school!" Its funny because the schools are tiny now. The dont gather near as often as they are run over too much. I wish there were more giant oyster patches like some of the places up north.
    I ain't seen you in a normal conversation in a coon's age, peeg. Congratulations, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the is this an early June forecast?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How the is this an early June forecast?

Sorry dude for the other day, bum. I am ashamed. Forgive old Dale, please?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry dude for the other day, bum. I am ashamed. Forgive old Dale, please?
    I don't know what I'm forgiving for but we cool

me look at those 79 degree lows. Means the overnight dew point will be no less than 77.

Thread Information