My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who exactly made that argument?
    All over the place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’re taking a non shooter he better be absolutely special elsewhere to justify it. Collier isn’t.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’re taking a non shooter he better be absolutely special elsewhere to justify it. Collier isn’t.
    Yeah, we simply can't afford to have any more bad shooters on perimeter positionso.
    Thompson brothers were way more hyped than anyone in this class and look at how they've been doing as perimeter players with no range.

Bad defenders should be avoided, but having bad shooters is even worse in today's league.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he would. I just see some value in doubling our odds that one of the sf/pf types work out.
    Ugh drop to 4 or 5 and both Risacher and Williams are probably both off the table. No way I'm gambling Buzelis or Holland there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, say we end up with pick #6 (the highest probably single landing spot for the 3rd worst team) and #10 with the TOR pick... I think I'd be down for taking Filipowski with that second pick. Sure you don't want to use the #10 pick on what projects to be a backup... but I'd view it as a way to have a long term solidification of the second unit. Basically a higher ceiling versus of Zach Collins. Only hesitation is that you're locked into Zach for two more years and $35MM, but maybe you can move him. I'd take your top wing prospect with the first pick and Filipowski with the second, try to get your starting PG via other means.

And hot take, but I'd rather have Filipowski than Sarr for this team
    in this scenario I’d probably use the Chicago pick to trade up to get the guy you want if possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we simply can't afford to have any more bad shooters on perimeter positionso.
    Thompson brothers were way more hyped than anyone in this class and look at how they've been doing as perimeter players with no range.

Bad defenders should be avoided, but having bad shooters is even worse in today's league.
    At least the Thompsons are monster athletes so you can see a high ceiling with them. Collier, Buzelis, Topic though?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh drop to 4 or 5 and both Risacher and Williams are probably both off the table. No way I'm gambling Buzelis or Holland there.
    I've got Matas at #6, so I'm relatively comfortable there, Holland i don't have top 10. That said, when I'm talking about doubling our odds, I'm talking about 2 of Cody, Risacher, and Matas. If Risacher and Williams are both gone that strategy wouldn't really apply.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All over the place.
    Here is the list of starting PGs in 2024. The path for a PG smaller than 6’2” + 0” wingspan isn’t great (e.g., Dillingham). I’m sure there are backups I’m missing, but I’d rather just roll with Jones. As someone else said, we’ll see what he measures at during the combine.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...6a89962fb30bc7

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got Matas at #6, so I'm relatively comfortable there, Holland i don't have top 10. That said, when I'm talking about doubling our odds, I'm talking about 2 of Cody, Risacher, and Matas. If Risacher and Williams are both gone that strategy wouldn't really apply.
    Read somewhere that Hollands stock has taken a hit in part because he is nowhere near the listed 6’8” and he plays more of a PF game right now (with poor shooting).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the list of starting PGs in 2024. The path for a PG smaller than 6’2” + 0” wingspan isn’t great (e.g., Dillingham). I’m sure there are backups I’m missing, but I’d rather just roll with Jones. As someone else said, we’ll see what he measures at during the combine.

Where are you seeing his wingspan is the same as his height?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PG rankings?

Opens up page: barely any of these are PGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could ask yourself in a vacuum if being french (Risacher, Sarr or even Tidjane Salaun another projected lottery guy) is a factor with Wemby in, for acclimatation and complicity, but Livio and Nando say hi!

So I guess it's a hard no. Although to be fair, none of these two had the potential the former 3, or lets say 2, have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read somewhere that Hollands stock has taken a hit in part because he is nowhere near the listed 6’8” and he plays more of a PF game right now (with poor shooting).
    That's pretty much it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man are these SFs unimpressive. I get pulling two of them, but it's because they're so flawed and crappy.

Risacher - The top so far, possible movement shooter, big jump in efficiency this year, upright stance, only straight-line movements, questionable defensive metrics, surprisingly poor free throw shooting, no rebounding, hard to imagine him as more than a role-player.

Holland - High energy, low-feel, horrible offensive and defensive advanced metrics, bad shooter, maybe more of a PF, probably lost a year of coaching due to Ignite, possibly a good defender, Shawn Marion without shooting, among the youngest in the draft.

Buzelis - Decent lateral movement but skinny, good weak-side shotblocker, terrible shooter from range, bad free throw shooter, decent rebounder, doesn't do much else, probably lost a year of development with Ignite, seems to get away with comps to Franz Wagner but has a negative assist/turnover ratio.

Williams - Great shooting stats, hits high percentage inside but on very difficult shots because he has no burst and little athleticism, rangy and long, can circulate the ball, poor defensively, not a rebounder, bad free throw shooter, eating off the fact he has a successful brother.

For a class supposedly strong with point guards, the point guards have largely underwhelmed. They've been replaced by underwhelming small forwards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man are these SFs unimpressive. I get pulling two of them, but it's because they're so flawed and crappy.
    Definitely flawed.... you could also use the same argument for drafting Topic and Dilly(2 PG's). Basically, it comes down to your opinion of which position has more talent and which is more valuable positionally. I think the sf position is more valuable than the pg position in todays game, so I lean in there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, say we end up with pick #6 (the highest probably single landing spot for the 3rd worst team) and #10 with the TOR pick... I think I'd be down for taking Filipowski with that second pick. Sure you don't want to use the #10 pick on what projects to be a backup... but I'd view it as a way to have a long term solidification of the second unit. Basically a higher ceiling versus of Zach Collins. Only hesitation is that you're locked into Zach for two more years and $35MM, but maybe you can move him. I'd take your top wing prospect with the first pick and Filipowski with the second, try to get your starting PG via other means.

And hot take, but I'd rather have Filipowski than Sarr for this team
    Kinda hoping to get a backup C who can block some shots. I heard one scout talk about a good amount of value bigs at the end of the first / beginning of second. Maybe someone nice falls at #33 - Edey, Missi, Ware, Chomiche, Ivisic, Ugonna. Looking to get value there, and keep our top 10 picks for wings/pg. (Thats if they keep #33, which they probably wont)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Risacher - The top so far, possible movement shooter, big jump in efficiency this year, upright stance, only straight-line movements, questionable defensive metrics, surprisingly poor free throw shooting, no rebounding, hard to imagine him as more than a role-player.

Holland - High energy, low-feel, horrible offensive and defensive advanced metrics, bad shooter, maybe more of a PF, probably lost a year of coaching due to Ignite, possibly a good defender, Shawn Marion without shooting, among the youngest in the draft.

Buzelis - Decent lateral movement but skinny, good weak-side shotblocker, terrible shooter from range, bad free throw shooter, decent rebounder, doesn't do much else, probably lost a year of development with Ignite, seems to get away with comps to Franz Wagner but has a negative assist/turnover ratio.

Williams - Great shooting stats, hits high percentage inside but on very difficult shots because he has no burst and little athleticism, rangy and long, can circulate the ball, poor defensively, not a rebounder, bad free throw shooter, eating off the fact he has a successful brother.

For a class supposedly strong with point guards, the point guards have largely underwhelmed. They've been replaced by underwhelming small forwards.
    You mean more or less flaws than Amen or Ausar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I've seen more from Risacher at 18 vs. grown men than I might in the Thompson bros' whole career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’ll be interesting to see if Sarr slips and there when Spurs pick (2/3). Would they really take him?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotta give a shout out to another unimpressive SF - Dalton Knecht. He's unimpressive cause he's almost 23 years old. Other than that, pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’ll be interesting to see if Sarr slips and there when Spurs pick (2/3). Would they really take him?
    If you think he's Evan Mobley, but I don't think he's Evan Mobley. Mobley was actually a better outside shooter by percentage in college than Sarr is now and supposedly that's a selling point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if they’re convinced topic/castle/Sarr are truly special elsewhere that you can look past the shooting I’d say go for it but you need a really high confidence level before pulling that kind of trigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to quit the nonsense that small guards don't exist in the NBA or that "the NBA is moving away from small guards." Small guards are all over the ing place. Many of the biggest stars in the league are small guards and there are small guards who contribute in other ways.
    Now, other than that Curry guy, how many have, even in this gogo scoring era( call it 2015 to now) led their teams to les? The trend is to big wing playmakers, your LeBrons, Durants, Gianniss, and Kawhis. They win the les. Little guys exist, but they are complementary players by and large.

Disclaimer: I like Dillingham, and was on him early. I think he could be a solid #2 with his varied skill set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Dilly's pretty good, but with the PG's that should be obtainable by trade this sumner, I think there's a legitimate argument for taking two sf/pf types. There just might be more value doing that...
    Sarr, Rich, Cody, Buzelis, Holland or Salaun, I would definitely go for someone from that group, Topic would be the only guard I would be looking at and even then without confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, other than that Curry guy, how many have, even in this gogo scoring era( call it 2015 to now) led their teams to les? The trend is to big wing playmakers, your LeBrons, Durants, Gianniss, and Kawhis. They win the les. Little guys exist, but they are complementary players by and large.

Disclaimer: I like Dillingham, and was on him early. I think he could be a solid #2 with his varied skill set.
    Fred Van Vleet? Just off the top of my head. Why are you asking for someone who lead a team to a le rather than vital pieces?

Thread Information