Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    40,000 out of 130,000,000 votes. Three hundredths of one percent.

How much effort do you think it would take to affect the opinions of .03% of the electorate?
    It wasn't Pootin who did that.

Pootin/Assange weakened Hillary, then it Comey "we got more (unread) emails" 10 days before the election that Silver said moved those 3 states just barely into Trash's column.

Trash didn't win, Hillary got screwed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate overwhelmingly votes to impose new sanctions on Russia over election meddling

97-2

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/14/senat...-meddling.html

My question remains, and this is a really good way to falsify my theory. Be happy to admit he isn't compromised, if some evidence supports that. Everything he has done thus far is consistent with compromised and/or some level of collusion. Any actions against Russia would put that to rest.

What steps has the Trump administration undertaken to hold Russia to account for this?
    what steps would you want the trump administration to take? and while trump creates smoke each time he reacts in a manner which creates su ion, we have yet to see anyone produce a smoking gun. would you be comfortable (again, given the degree of U.S. aggression towards russia and interference in russian affairs over the past few decades) with actions taken against russia on a reasonable degree of su ion? does the possibility of increased hostility between the two countries not merit any consideration?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "reasonable degree of su ion"

didn't you hear that 39 states were hacked, not just DNC server and Podesta email?

Russia must be laughing their asses off, finding what low hanging fruit that USA was to with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "reasonable degree of su ion"

didn't you hear that 39 states were hacked, not just DNC server and Podesta email?

Russia must be laughing their asses off, finding what low hanging fruit that USA was to with.
    possibly digital signatures and some part-time contractor(s)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow: 'I Absolutely Believe It's Possible' Trump Did Not Collude With Russia

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    There didn't have to be an "ornate plan" to simply share operational intel, or to simply talk about how to get sanctions eased.

The margin of victory for Trump was determined by 3 states, which, if they had gone the other way, would have swung the electoral college.

The total margin of victory from those three states was 80,000. Meaning if 40,000 people had switched votes, the entire election would have gone the other way.

How much effort do you think it would take to affect the opinions of .03% of the electorate?
    Google is more powerful and worrisome

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...lection-121548

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You worry about Google.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You worry about Google.
    I doubt Google's power, but Facebook, Bing, etc all have enormous power, which history shows is ALWAYS abused.

BigCorp + billionaires = oligarchy is a much greater threat.

In fact, they already own and operate America, which is why it's ed and un able.

btw, Faux News has dropped "fair and balanced" tag line. So now you rightwingnutjobs might start to believe than Ailes' pile is lying to ya.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-15-2017 at 06:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow: 'I Absolutely Believe It's Possible' Trump Did Not Collude With Russia
    fake news. maddow always lies.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    fake news. maddow always lies.
    ducks will accept this as truth.

but just this time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a sick bas , watching Maddow while you're ing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You worry about Google.
    They have more influence than your comrades.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I doubt Google's power, but Facebook, Bing, etc all have enormous power, which history shows is ALWAYS abused.

BigCorp + billionaires = oligarchy is a much greater threat.

In fact, they already own and operate America, which is why it's ed and un able.

btw, Faux News has dropped "fair and balanced" tag line. So now you rightwingnutjobs might start to believe than Ailes' pile is lying to ya.
    I doubt Google's power

Google’s search algorithm can easily shift the voting preferences of undecided voters by 20 percent or more—up to 80 percent in some demographic groups—with virtually no one knowing they are being manipulated, according to experiments I conducted recently with Ronald E. Robertson .

Given that many elections are won by small margins, this gives Google the power, right now, to flip upwards of 25 percent of the national elections worldwide. In the United States, half of our presidential elections have been won by margins under 7.6 percent, and the 2012 election was won by a margin of only 3.9 percent—well within Google’s control.

There are at least three very real scenarios whereby Google—perhaps even without its leaders’ knowledge—could shape or even decide the election next year. Whether or not Google executives see it this way, the employees who constantly adjust the search giant’s algorithms are manipulating people every minute of every day. The adjustments they make increasingly influence our thinking—including, it turns out, our voting preferences.

What we call in our research the Search Engine Manipulation Effect (SEME) turns out to be one of the largest behavioral effects ever discovered. Our comprehensive new study, just published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), includes the results of five experiments we conducted with more than 4,500 participants in two countries. Because SEME is virtually invisible as a form of social influence, because the effect is so large and because there are currently no specific regulations anywhere in the world that would prevent Google from using and abusing this technique, we believe SEME is a serious threat to the democratic system of government.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I doubt Google's power

Google’s search algorithm can easily shift the voting preferences of undecided voters by 20 percent or more—up to 80 percent in some demographic groups—with virtually no one knowing they are being manipulated, according to experiments I conducted recently with Ronald E. Robertson .

Given that many elections are won by small margins, this gives Google the power, right now, to flip upwards of 25 percent of the national elections worldwide. In the United States, half of our presidential elections have been won by margins under 7.6 percent, and the 2012 election was won by a margin of only 3.9 percent—well within Google’s control.

There are at least three very real scenarios whereby Google—perhaps even without its leaders’ knowledge—could shape or even decide the election next year. Whether or not Google executives see it this way, the employees who constantly adjust the search giant’s algorithms are manipulating people every minute of every day. The adjustments they make increasingly influence our thinking—including, it turns out, our voting preferences.

What we call in our research the Search Engine Manipulation Effect (SEME) turns out to be one of the largest behavioral effects ever discovered. Our comprehensive new study, just published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), includes the results of five experiments we conducted with more than 4,500 participants in two countries. Because SEME is virtually invisible as a form of social influence, because the effect is so large and because there are currently no specific regulations anywhere in the world that would prevent Google from using and abusing this technique, we believe SEME is a serious threat to the democratic system of government.
    MSM and social media giants were blatantly in the bag for Clinton and influenced people far more than any other factor and the kunt still lost.

http://observer.com/2016/08/tech-com...-defeat-trump/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    MSM and social media giants were blatantly in the bag for Clinton and influenced people far more than any other factor and the kunt still lost.

truth

, trump didn't even have fox in the bag.
    Last edited by clambake; 06-15-2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: wanted to add that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    truth

, trump didn't even have fox in the bag.

True

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They have more influence than your comrades.
    You worried also about Google?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disclosure: Donald Trump is the father-in-law of Jared Kushner, the publisher of Observer Media.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can agree with this to a certain extent BUT with the caveat that the "evidence" is shown. fueling further antagonism with russia is already a dangerous agenda and the flavor of the day for the vast neocon population in washington. also, in many ways (and what the MSM refuses to acknowledge) this is a pendulous dynamic between the U.S. and russia that goes back to the end of the warsaw pact. the U.S. is not without its own intrusions (or acts of aggression) against russia.
    They have one-upped us.

97-2 in the Senate says it all. Putin is a thug plain and simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have one-upped us.

which begs the question... who were the two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There didn't have to be an "ornate plan" to simply share operational intel, or to simply talk about how to get sanctions eased.

The margin of victory for Trump was determined by 3 states, which, if they had gone the other way, would have swung the electoral college.

The total margin of victory from those three states was 80,000. Meaning if 40,000 people had switched votes, the entire election would have gone the other way.

Seriously?

So you and the Russians knew these 3 states were the lynchpins of the election BEFORE the election.
    Get out of town now.

This is hindsight and it is infuriating. Call it BEFORE the election, not after. And it took far more than this to go right for Trump to win. Look at Florida etc... Your argument is rubbish. This election was supposed to be a landslide. Show a pre election post indicating you knew what you stated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which begs the question... who were the two
    One is probably Rand Paul.

But that's a really good question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have one-upped us.

And I might add they have done exactly the same in Europe.
    This is not a military threat, this is a DIRECT threat to the democratic process which they fear and despise.
    This is not an insignificant attack on Democracy where I shrug it off with, "we have done worse and move on". We are having this conversation freely without fear of retribution. I really don't think North Americans and Europeans fully appreciate what we are able to do so freely.
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-15-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One is probably Rand Paul.

But that's a really good question.
    It was Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I might add they have done exactly the same in Europe.
    This is not a military threat, this is a DIRECT threat to the democratic process which they fear and despise.
    This is not an insignificant attack on Democracy where I shrug it off with, "we have done worse and move on". We are having this conversation freely without fear of retribution. I really don't think North Americans and Europeans fully appreciate what we are able to do so freely.
    ok...

So I am talking to myself...

It was Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders
    Thanks.

Thread Information