Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kimmel writer quotes every GOP lawmaker’s post-Florida ‘thoughts and prayers’ tweet — and how much money they took from the NRA

Bess Kalb
    @bessbell

In the 2015-2016 election cycle alone, GOP candidates took $17,385,437 from the NRA. https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/963891127169572865 …

Bess Kalb

@bessbell

This is NOT counting the $21 million given to President Trump.
    6:24 PM - Feb 14, 2018

Congressman Ken Buck
    @RepKenBuck

I'm devastated to hear about the tragedy in Florida. Praying today for the students and all those impacted.
    3:40 PM - Feb 14, 2018

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/kim...e+Raw+Story%29

This should surprise no one.

And no gun toter cares

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should ask every other first world country how they've managed to basically eliminate mental health issues, since we won't listen to them about gun control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York's murder rate at 3.4 is well below the national average of 4.8. Chicago's murder is indeed high at 18, but it's actually the lowest it's been since 1985 (was there strict gun control in Chicago in 1985)? Like I said, pointing to guns/gun control as the catalyst for the high murder rates or arming more citizens (legally) as the solution to curb said murder rate oversimplifies the issue. During Prohibition, Chicago's murder rate was 15, and I doubt there was anything resembling modern leftist gun control in the city at the time. As you can see, the one constant factor in any violence stricken city is the fight over the illegal drug trade (from Juarez, Mexico to Chicago, Ill.) , the 1980s crack epidemic turned urban LA into Beirut. Murder rate in LA has fallen drastically since crack is no longer the problem it once was.

So again, the solution is multifold. Better mental health treatment that address troubled individuals who might potentially act out and that addresses addiction (how many people are killed in robberies by desperate addicts? Also, less addicts=less consumers of illicit drugs=less market share to kill each other over). Drug criminalization reform. Poverty reform. And gun control reform. Someone like Stephen Paddock shouldn't have had access to an arsenal. I'm sure he was mentally stable when he collected most of those guns, but the brain is a fragile thing (especially when you reach an advanced age where dementia can strike), so that's why I think routine mental health checkups for gun owners makes sense.
    Let's also not forget that local gun control laws are totally undermined by the fact that you can easily bring in guns from other cities or states. It's not like cities or states have some type of border check where they can stop a mass inflow of guns from other places within the U.S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Imagine if he didn't have an ar-15
    Imagine if he made a bomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose he could’ve rented a large moving van/truck and waited until school was out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Let's also not forget that local gun control laws are totally undermined ..."

yep, gun fellators think we are stupid enough to believe municipal or state gun regs should be abolished because they don't work

America's gun psychopathy is incurable, because BigGun, a BigPlayer in the oligarchy, makes policy to protect/enhance its profits by buying Repug s.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I suppose he could’ve rented a large moving van/truck and waited until school was out.
    Darrin is so blasé about schools shootings.

Ho hum, amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if he made a bomb
    Probably killed more people using the ar15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mental health angle is so ing weak
    It's legit, but coming from their mouths it's indeed weak, since they're using it as a shallow deflection. We all know they have zero intent on putting that precious tax dollar toward any kind of mental health reform. Furthermore, mental health reform would require an "evil" socialized system, since typically mentally ill individuals are unable to work and thus don't have or can't afford insurance. Case in point. I read a story today about a woman who tried to get help for a mental health issue, was refused because she didn't have insurance, and then wound up killing her 3 year old child.

Here's where the money's going:

According to the Legislative Analyst’s Office, in 2010, the state spent about $40,000 a year to keep a person incarcerated. A report compiled by Governing magazine shows that for the same year, the state spent about $152 per person for mental health issues.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well he was part of the fertilizer militia, so there's nothing stopping him from making truck bombs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin is so blasé about schools shootings.

Ho hum, amirite?

Soft target

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York's murder rate at 3.4 is well below the national average of 4.8. Chicago's murder is indeed high at 18, but it's actually the lowest it's been since 1985 (was there strict gun control in Chicago in 1985)? Like I said, pointing to guns/gun control as the catalyst for the high murder rates or arming more citizens (legally) as the solution to curb said murder rate oversimplifies the issue. During Prohibition, Chicago's murder rate was 15, and I doubt there was anything resembling modern leftist gun control in the city at the time. As you can see, the one constant factor in any violence stricken city is the fight over the illegal drug trade (from Juarez, Mexico to Chicago, Ill.) , the 1980s crack epidemic turned urban LA into Beirut. Murder rate in LA has fallen drastically since crack is no longer the problem it once was.

So again, the solution is multifold. Better mental health treatment that address troubled individuals who might potentially act out and that addresses addiction (how many people are killed in robberies by desperate addicts? Also, less addicts=less consumers of illicit drugs=less market share to kill each other over). Drug criminalization reform. Poverty reform. And gun control reform. Someone like Stephen Paddock shouldn't have had access to an arsenal. I'm sure he was mentally stable when he collected most of those guns, but the brain is a fragile thing (especially when you reach an advanced age where dementia can strike), so that's why I think routine mental health checkups for gun owners makes sense.
    That's a lot of reform and government regulation tbh

While I agree illicit drugs and gun violence are mostly intertwined, I think it's more important to go to the source of the madness. Who flooded the streets and the projects with crack cocaine in the 80's? Who's flooding the streets with heroin now utilizing Afghanistan's abundant poppy fields? If you dig into it, it always comes back to the CIA, and it doesn't require a tin foil hat. If we are being undermined from the top, any kind of multi-fold solution will prove fruitless. Until the Deep State is purged, the only solution is a well armed and informed public. Armed security at schools is a great start imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nice attack killed 86 people.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ho-hum. We should do absolutely nothing because Darrin thought of another way a dude could kill people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ho-hum. We should do absolutely nothing because Darrin thought of another way a dude could kill people.
    What should we do? Be specific

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're just going to keep bringing up the car-related mass killings like there's one of those for every mass shooting, aren't we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    January 31, 2028: "America suffered its 100th school shooting of the year today..."
    Darrin: "Remember when that guy in France mowed down people with a van though?"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What should we do? Be specific
    No. Discussion over. You said 19 year old kids will just make enormous truck bombs and we have to let them kill people with guns.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sounds like this could have been prevented with common sense immigration laws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're just going to keep bringing up the car-related mass killings like there's one of those for every mass shooting, aren't we?
    The point is that if some deranged SOB wants to kill people, there are numerous ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Discussion over. You said 19 year old kids will just make enormous truck bombs and we have to let them kill people with guns.
    Nope. You can just run them over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that if some deranged SOB wants to kill people, there are numerous ways.
    Amazing you have to spell it out for them. They don't understand when their arguments have holes, and that there are numerous ways to convey that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see you've read your "5 Arguments Against Gun Control" brochure for new NRA members.

Why does this happen so much more in the US than anywhere else, Darrin?

In countries where it is harder to get assault weapons, are there more mass-murders-by-car?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Walk me through how a 19 year old makes a Paris type truck bomb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information