Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update: I've changed how ST goes about determining whether you've read a thread. It used to be cookie based ... now it's handled by the database. The change will probably cause some hiccups in the short-term but it's a much better way to do it.

In the meantime, threads that you've read will probably show up as unread now. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    I like this new one. Much better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How do I post a video?
    Click on the video button on the editor and insert the link to the video. Press OK. Supported sites include Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google and facebook.

How do I embed a tweet?
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post6125579
    I was thinking: when you post a link, the forum's software auto-wraps it with url tags, couldn't the same functionality be extended so the links to youtube, twitter, etc. so they would be also auto-wrapped in appropriate tags?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the new look and features!

I inadvertently created a duplicate post (not sure how, but anyway...) and tried to delete. When I mouse-over the Edit Post feature the pop-up shows "Edit/Delete", however, when I click on Edit Post, I'm not seeing an option to delete the post. Am I blind or is that feature hidden somewhere?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I inadvertently created a duplicate post (not sure how, but anyway...) and tried to delete. When I mouse-over the Edit Post feature the pop-up shows "Edit/Delete", however, when I click on Edit Post, I'm not seeing an option to delete the post. Am I blind or is that feature hidden somewhere?
    Yeah I also haven't found the delete option when editing a double post or just accidentally posting in the wrong thread.

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    What's up with the colors? Where are we? Toys R Us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new look sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

Looks like that was a bug. It should be fixed now

Thanks for pointing it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When pasting in line-spaced paragraphs, we're back to having the line spacing lost, and putting it back in manually.
    Have you tried switching between WYSIWYG mode and Source mode prior to pasting? When I've had that issue, I switch to the other mode and it usually works.

Lost the ability to sort threads by the person who started it, or to sort them at all.
    I can add some of that functionality back in

timvp I noticed in WYSIWYG Mode (A/A button on far left of quick reply edit tools will be white box instead of blue) the tab key goes to post quick reply button.

The only thing Source Mode (A/A button will be blue) adds is a email icon. Maybe somehow make WYSIWYG mode default?
    Great find for people who want to use tab to post. I'll looking into making it default.

On the page with list of thread les, why isn't the sub-menu of pages at the bottom of the page not repeated at the top of the page. Have to scroll down to get to next page of thread les.
    I think the bottom of the page makes the most sense because you'll usually be at the bottom after scanning the threads anyways. I can think of few examples where you'll be at the top of the page and needing to navigate to the next list of threads. Do you have a common example?

This whole new layout does not make it a pleasant experience for tablet users. It has to render everytime I scroll and typing is a hassle. The keyboard doesn't automatically pop up in the quick reply text box.
    Hmmmm ... I haven't tested it yet on a tablet. I'll eventually try to make it tablet-friendly.

I like the new look. A little congested but overall its an improvement. I still wish there was some way to tell which threads I've posted in. Some forums have a dot or some kind of indicator to the left of the thread le.
    That's possible. I'll figure out where to add it in

I like this new one. Much better
    Yeah, I like this database tracking much better than the cookie tracking. I love that I can switch devices and it still remembers which threads have/haven't been read.

What's up with the colors? Where are we? Toys R Us?
    That'd be a joyless Toys R Us, tbh.

Thanks for the feedback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

Looks like that was a bug. It should be fixed now

Thanks for pointing it out.
    Wow! That was fast timvp! Thanks, delete is now quick and easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the changes are great!

Took a little getting used to, but I don't even notice the difference anymore, and the new features are awesome. I think all the Negative Nancies are just resistant to change, just like anytime Facebook updates their layout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you tried switching between WYSIWYG mode and Source mode prior to pasting? When I've had that issue, I switch to the other mode and it usually works.

I can add some of that functionality back in

Great find for people who want to use tab to post. I'll looking into making it default.

I think the bottom of the page makes the most sense because you'll usually be at the bottom after scanning the threads anyways. I can think of few examples where you'll be at the top of the page and needing to navigate to the next list of threads. Do you have a common example?

Hmmmm ... I haven't tested it yet on a tablet. I'll eventually try to make it tablet-friendly.

That's possible. I'll figure out where to add it in

Yeah, I like this database tracking much better than the cookie tracking. I love that I can switch devices and it still remembers which threads have/haven't been read.

That'd be a joyless Toys R Us, tbh.

Thanks for the feedback.
    The "albums" function/feature also seems to be missing from the "control panel menus" (or I just couldn't find them, but I gave a good try at finding it, honest)

I have a ton of ready made funny pics there for making fun of people in forums. Now I can't do that anymore.

That said, I do think the revamp is cool. Thanks for the effort.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It's decidedly less awesome if you like to sometimes read the threads without signing in, however, as I often do. But, then, since I was the only person bothered that we're no longer automatically signed off after being idle for an hour, I'm guessing this is something that's only an issue for me and is, therefore, something I can solve pretty easily and learn to deal with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's decidedly less awesome if you like to sometimes read the threads without signing in, however, as I often do. But, then, since I was the only person bothered that we're no longer automatically signed off after being idle for an hour, I'm guessing this is something that's only an issue for me and is, therefore, something I can solve pretty easily and learn to deal with.
    I only sign in to post, so I've been having the same problem. But yeah, I can learn to deal with it.

Out of the World
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the new mobile skin – it is clean and looks so official I use it on my browser too!

Makes it easier to browser ST even at work

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Need an app.'Posting on my tablet or phone is unbearable. And quoting is nearly impossible. The new format is nice, just not conducive to other platforms of media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a Christmas gift for Spurstalk to get an app.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tap-a-talk?

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eliot

*testing*testing*

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    luck the fakers

Is it gonna be back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the new layout. Great job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it possible to have a time stamp on posts instead of how long ago the post was made?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it possible to have a time stamp on posts instead of how long ago the post was made?
    ^^^^^^^^ this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, I havent been here for a while and.. I like the new look. San Antonio Spurs 2012/13 - this is on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just noticed the new Version 4.2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the red notification of quotes, but why show notifications when you were the one who quoted? Obviously you know you quoted someone.

Thread Information