Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still on the fence as to which i'd get. From the 3 people I know that have both, they all seemed to play the ps4 for a few hours then drop it, while they use the xbox whenever they turn their tv on.

I don't really have a ton of time to game anyway, and when I do it's mostly on my pc, but I do have people over often and my friends tell me it's pretty responsive. I'll probably wait until the new year to decide.
    If you're set on a console I'd honestly wait to see which system brings out the best games in the next 6 months. Exclusives are the only reason to pick one over another as far as I can see (and the same is true for most systems).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony has always been able to bring the goods exclusive wise so I'd put my money on them to bring the best.

Uncharted 4 already has been announced so that's one to look forward to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're set on a console I'd honestly wait to see which system brings out the best games in the next 6 months. Exclusives are the only reason to pick one over another as far as I can see (and the same is true for most systems).
    PS4 is considerably more powerful than the Xbox One, and runs some of the cross platform games at higher resolution thus far.

720p is gonna look like compared to 1080p on bigger TV's.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Couldn't ever really stand the controls playing computer games..if nothing else if rather have a controller in my hand than a keyboard and mouse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't ever really stand the controls playing computer games..if nothing else if rather have a controller in my hand than a keyboard and mouse.
    It's really only good for first person shooters and strategy games. All others, controller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you still need a profile to sign into
    I have a local profile... Nono, IIRC...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you can buy controllers for the PC right?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    never heard of such things

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you can buy controllers for the PC right?
    There is some sort of firmware that allows you to use the PS3 controller on a PC.

I remember seeing that a few years back. There was even a youtube video showing you how to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is some sort of firmware that allows you to use the PS3 controller on a PC.

I remember seeing that a few years back. There was even a youtube video showing you how to do it.
    http://www.motioninjoy.com/

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's pretty much what i was going to do. right now there's only 2 games I'd want to play on either system and that's DR3 and killer instinct. those aren't enough to buy a system though. looking at upcoming exclusives, they are both pretty meager. most of the ones the ps4 is getting i can get a superior version on my comp right now.

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    you still need a profile to sign into
    the goods

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    price also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Motioninjoy. I hear a lot of negative crap about it though, people complain that it's near impossible to remove once installed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I let Motioninjoy install its driver but then I don't use the crappy adware ridden program. I use Better DS3

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

You still have to install Motioninjoy though but like it says in the Better DS3 website: "Flexible, featureful, incon ous, and best of all, no calling home."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like with the PS3, I'm buying this two years after release. Not a huge game, but I enjoy the comfort of slouching on my couch and pressing buttons every now and then. I've had the PS3 for a few years now and the only games I've ever finished are the uncharted series, the last of us, Ni no kuni, Valkyira, heavy rain.....

I still have a lot of games I can play...It's not like the PS4 is offering anything mindblwoing at the moment tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a local profile... Nono, IIRC...
    How are you buying digital content? Dont you need a handle for that and online?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like the PS4 is offering anything mindblwoing at the moment tbh.
    Don't hold your breath on that one

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't hold your breath on that one
    Dont know if you're being sarcastic or just plain ignorant here.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont know if you're being sarcastic or just plain ignorant here.
    aren't the vast majority of video games out there these days derivative, regardless of platform? hard to get backing for something truly mind blowing these days, especially given the costs involved in producing a top tier le. The only real exception I can think of is Minecraft, but its mind blowing mods are the results of gamers producing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are you buying digital content? Dont you need a handle for that and online?
    Don't buy XBLA stuff... most DLCs for good games end up showing up in a GOTY edition later on, and don't really care of XBLA games... the good ones also end up being released for PC, which I play on my Mac.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Anyone want to buy me one for Christmas? Can't justify wanting one bad enough to buy it myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aren't the vast majority of video games out there these days derivative, regardless of platform? hard to get backing for something truly mind blowing these days, especially given the costs involved in producing a top tier le. The only real exception I can think of is Minecraft, but its mind blowing mods are the results of gamers producing it.
    The PC market in the past year or two has become a flourishing area for indie les. Faster than Light, Terraria, Binding of Isaac, Chivalry, Bastion, Braid, and others have really made marks. Some of those are for consoles as well, but I think you'd really be pleasantly surprised at the creativity happening via Steam and various bundle sales.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PC market in the past year or two has become a flourishing area for indie les. Faster than Light, Terraria, Binding of Isaac, Chivalry, Bastion, Braid, and others have really made marks. Some of those are for consoles as well, but I think you'd really be pleasantly surprised at the creativity happening via Steam and various bundle sales.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You play Outlast yet? Scariest I've played in a while..also, I got a Steam key for some called Magicka if anyone wants it.

Thread Information