Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The simple fact is that every time Russell gets ready to launch a shot, the opposing team's coaching staff and players think, "Ah, good! Durant's not shooting."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is he supposed to do? Durant pussied out again with sore toe , now the responsibility falls squarely on him.

It's not like his teammates got no shots, Perry Jone 0-5, Dion Waiters 3-10, Abaka 3-9...

They just have a very flaky team, tbh... they're extremely top-heavy and now they want to trade Reggie Jackson? What are they doing over there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all these posters that didn't watch last year's playoffs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said Westbrook: “The main problem is, I personally think, since James has left I think everybody thinks we need somebody to fill that slot. The slot doesn’t have to be filled. We have a great team. If everybody does their job, we should be all right.”
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-hardens-slot/

Queen of denial

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all these posters that didn't watch last year's playoffs..
    what this thread has to do with last year POs tbh ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is he supposed to do?
    shooting 30 times letting his teammates with 19 FGAs tbh...

<3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shooting 30 times letting his teammates with 19 FGAs tbh...

<3
    who else is going to carry the offensive load with Durbeta out? Din Waitrs?

already stated his shot selection is extremely questionable, but that rings especially true when Durant is out there. When he's not, who else is gonna step it up?

they have a coach whose mantra is "we're a foul shooting team", you don't expect that guy to have a system, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

already stated his shot selection is extremely questionable, but that rings especially true when Durant is out there. When he's not, who else is gonna step it up?

they have a coach whose mantra is "we're a foul shooting team", you don't expect that guy to have a system, right?

Yeah, but Westbrook's rep as a guy who takes questionable shots started to really gain momentum after the 2012 finals, when he had Durant AND Harden. The issue for me is he's not the best decision maker, regardless of the situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but Westbrook's rep as a guy who takes questionable shots started to really gain momentum after the 2012 finals, when he had Durant AND Harden. The issue for me is he's not the best decision maker, regardless of the situation.
    I think that's a valid argument. I know I've brought it up before. Even when they had Kevin Martin, they had a guy that could score. But this team as constructed right now is basically WB and KD... if one of them goes down, they're going to be in trouble. When they both went down, they were the absolute worst team in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook > Enrique

but Westbrook wouldn't fit in the Spurs system so..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's a valid argument. I know I've brought it up before. Even when they had Kevin Martin, they had a guy that could score. But this team as constructed right now is basically WB and KD... if one of them goes down, they're going to be in trouble. When they both went down, they were the absolute worst team in the West.
    Yeah, agreed. This is why I like the Spurs so much as currently constructed-- they get so much out of their reserve players' abilities: Boris's passing, Mills's shooting, Joseph's defense, etc.,etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is he supposed to do? Durant pussied out again with sore toe , now the responsibility falls squarely on him.

It's not like his teammates got no shots, Perry Jone 0-5, Dion Waiters 3-10, Abaka 3-9...

They just have a very flaky team, tbh... they're extremely top-heavy and now they want to trade Reggie Jackson? What are they doing over there?
    It's the exact same thing with Kobe, Nono.

You can't expect guys who touch the ball once or twice a quarter to have any sort of rhythm. You just can't.

Gasol was a washed up has been who would never be an impact player again for the past 2-3 seasons in LA, right? The narrative was that he was completely finished and should retire. Now, SOME people called that into question saying he couldn't be really assessed considering Kobe never gave him the ball unless it was a bailout situation or he had no other options. NOPE. Worthless, soft player who's now averaging BETTER THAN HIS CAREER AVERAGE in Chicago. There's a ing MVP thread about him, ffs.

It's almost like the past three years of playoffs ceased to exist and people think that 70% of this team's scoring has always come from Westbrook. That's not the case, they beat us in 2011 because of the role players that were allowed to step up and be threats (and the refs, but what can ya do).

Even when Durant was healthy and lights out, Westbrook was taking most of the shots on this team. That's ing ludicrous.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400578950

Look at that recent game as an example. KD is shooting pretty well, over 50% for the game. 32 points on 23 shots. Meanwhile Westbrook chucks 26 times for 22 points. All the while, FIVE players on the team get 5 or less shots. NBA players, especially mid-range and out, NEED REGULAR SHOTS to be effective. Are they really going to shoot worse than 27% for the game if they're given looks instead of Chuckbrook firing away every single game?

He's a great player. No denying that. His athleticism is probably top 5 in the League. He's an impact player and plays hard. But he's a total headcase who has serious ego problems and will never ever ever ever defer to his teammate regardless of how well they're playing.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400578885

Durant goes 14-18, but Westbrook has to get his shots. 7-19. Durant scored THIRTY SIX POINTS ON EIGHTEEN SHOTS and Westbrook still took more shots than he did.

The reason I don't fear the Thunder at all this year is because I'm positive that none of their role players will be allowed to do anything in the playoffs as long as Westbrook is on the court. He cares about one thing right now: Being recognized as the best player in the league. He's throwing away any sort of rhythm the team has to do so.

I don't even begrudge him last night, as that was a tough game. But over the long haul, his lack of trust in teammates or ability to allow them to step up and make plays is going to completely them over, especially newer players to the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like when Durant is here it changes everything

Dude is having 20 FGAs per game including 3,4 FGAs from 3s with a % of .257, Durant is at 17 FGAs

There are 0 excuse or explanation for him to shoot 3,4 3s per game when he is the worst 3 pts shooter of the league....

but but who's gonna carry the load ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Durant weren't such a pussy he'd sit westbrick down and let him know what's up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant just might let him know what's up by leaving in free agency...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Durant weren't such a pussy he'd sit westbrick down and let him know what's up.
    Can't talk sense into crazy, son. Same thing with Kobe. It doesn't end well. That's what made Jordan the GOAT. He definitely took over games and probably shot too much, but he also realized that he needed to involve his teammates routinely in order to win. Something low BBIQ players like Westbrook will likely never get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell is a top pg in the league..One of the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the exact same thing with Kobe, Nono.

You can't expect guys who touch the ball once or twice a quarter to have any sort of rhythm. You just can't.
    There's some differences though. Kobe has been done for 2-3 years already, Westbrook and KD are currently top 10-15 talent in the league. And so they rely heavily on them, more than any system or role players, and they've had pretty good results that way.

What I think they've done wrong lately is put even more work on them. Sefolosha was killing them on offense, but he was the guy that could take a defensive assignment and do it relatively well. Now he's gone and Westbrook has to do that on top of running the offense. It's crazy.

But I'm glad you bring Kobe. If Westbrook would be anything like Kobe, he would've bull ted his way through a wrist injury and be making excuses why they missed the playoffs because he was "injured". You can dog on WB for his immaturity, poor shot selections, etc, but one thing he doesn't do is quit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use to really hate Westbrook and his antics are ing ridiculous but he's become such an underrated player. I think if Westbrook was put on a team that runs a system, he would be more efficient. Of course, he's gonna chuck up a lot of shots running Scottyball. I can't hate on a PG that can show up in the playoffs too while most of the other star PGs in the league are choking/being shut down. Westbrook's playoff run last year was amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like when Durant is here it changes everything

Dude is having 20 FGAs per game including 3,4 FGAs from 3s with a % of .257, Durant is at 17 FGAs

There are 0 excuse or explanation for him to shoot 3,4 3s per game when he is the worst 3 pts shooter of the league....

but but who's gonna carry the load ?
    They're 14-7 with Durant. That's 56 wins transposed to a 82 game season. So yeah, Durant not being there does matters. They're not a team that plays the beautiful game , because they're not built that way. They're built top heavy, and unfortunately for them, once either of those guys go down, they're screwed. When they were both injured to start the season, they had a rocking 3-12 record. Why would they give the ball to those guys?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell is a top pg in the league..One of the best.
    True, but aren't you also one of the proponents of the "PG-centric teams don't win championships" theory? No one questions whether or not he's "good." We question if a highly paid PG who takes some bad shots & takes shots away from Durant is the way to a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm glad you bring Kobe. If Westbrook would be anything like Kobe, he would've bull ted his way through a wrist injury and be making excuses why they missed the playoffs because he was "injured". You can dog on WB for his immaturity, poor shot selections, etc, but one thing he doesn't do is quit.
    Yeah, I can certainly admire Westbrook's work ethic but hate his personality. He's obviously a great individual player but he costs his team games at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what this thread has to do with last year POs tbh ?
    This thread is about me being a fan of Westbrook..why would you bump a thread after he has a bad game? It doesn't have anything to do with the point of the thread..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is about me being a fan of Westbrook..why would you bump a thread after he has a bad game? It doesn't have anything to do with the point of the thread..
    I know your thing is backing superstars or stars that receive a lot of criticism, but still, how can you be a fan of the Spurs and a fan of Westbrook?

He plays by far the least aesthetically pleasing style for a player of or above his caliber that I've ever seen. I don't care how insane he is athletically, I can't stand watching him play.

Thread Information