Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Commenters saying the market for guards is not very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will have three two-way contracts to award, hybrid deals that share a player with the G League. Those are expected to go to Dominick Barlow, second-round pick Sidy Cissoko and undrafted free agent Sir’Jabari Rice, who played his final college season at Texas. The Spurs have expressed interest in bringing back Julian Champagnie — who finished last season on a two-way contract — on a full NBA deal.
    2 hours ago – via San Antonio Express-News

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No word on Mamu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will have three two-way contracts to award, hybrid deals that share a player with the G League. Those are expected to go to Dominick Barlow, second-round pick Sidy Cissoko and undrafted free agent Sir’Jabari Rice, who played his final college season at Texas. The Spurs have expressed interest in bringing back Julian Champagnie — who finished last season on a two-way contract — on a full NBA deal.
    2 hours ago – via San Antonio Express-News
    PlayBlair but this out there earlier. Actually, that is a nice set of players for the two-way contracts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Julian and Mamu have contracts already lined up. 13 spots on the regular roster counting Tre. Brook Lopez incoming. Keep 1 spot open for trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We currently have 10 guys under contract. Wemby will be 11. The three 2-way players also seem to be decided. Cissiko, Rice, and Barlow are the projected guys

RFA tenders have also been given to Tre and Champagnie. If both are brought back that makes 13 on the roster with 2 spots remaining. They can also waive/buyout Birch but could also hold him as salary filler in a trade

we have a solid amount of cap space in addition to the room exception valued at 7.7 mil

A lot of ways PATFO can go about this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sites that have Champagnie listed for QO, which hasn't been officially announced afaik, also still list Romeo Langford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sites that have Champagnie listed for QO, which hasn't been officially announced afaik, also still list Romeo Langford.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how do we sit atm?

Tre - Graham - Wesley
    Vassell - Branham - Siddy
    Keldon - McDermott - Shampenny
    Wemby - Sochan - Barlow
    Zach - Bassey

Not counting Birch tbh. Who are our TW guys is it Barlow and Bediako?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how do we sit atm?

Tre - Graham - Wesley
    Vassell - Branham - Siddy
    Keldon - McDermott - Shampenny
    Wemby - Sochan - Barlow
    Zach - Bassey

Not counting Birch tbh. Who are our TW guys is it Barlow and Bediako?
    Nothing is set in stone for the start of the season, but Sir Pumps a Lot (Sir'Jabari Rice) is reportedly on a two-way. Barlow could be, or he could get a Bassey/Champagnie-type deal.

Sissoko was/is a possibility for a two-way, but L'Équipe reported that he was signing a "guaranteed" deal, whatever exactly that means. They have cap space, so it could be anything.

Reportedly Bediako signed an Exhibit 10 contract, which the Spurs could convert to a two-way (or a full deal) before the start of the regular season or cut him and assign him to Austin.

They can have 3 two-ways now, with some sort of limit on using the third slot with a less than full roster, but I haven't seen those details yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones/Devonte Graham/Blake Wesley
    Devin Vassell/Malaki Branham/Sidy Cissoko/Sir’Jabari Rice
    Keldon Johnson/Cedi Osman/Lamar Stevens
    Victor Wembanyama/Doug McDermott/Julian Champagnie
    Jeremy Sochan/Zach Collins/Charles Bassey/Khem Birch/Charles Bediako

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My ideal rotation:

Jones/Graham/Wesley
    Vassell/Branham/Cissoko
    Sochan/Keldon/Champagnie/Osman
    Wemby/McDermott
    Collins/Bassey/Mamu

I'm not counting Birch and Stevens. The last two-way contracts would go to Sir'Jabari Rice and maybe Barlow?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In response to ^^^ :

Everything looks about right with your rotation, except Keldon will start in lieu of Sochan. No way our only driver to the basket guy to get possible and - 1's come of the bench. Not to mention he's earned the right to start and has put in his years in the Spurs system. Not to mention that Sochan was Baylor's BEST player in college and still didn't have an ego and didn't mind coming off the bench as the 6th man. Even with Sochan coming off the bench, he will finish games most of time and average at least around the same amount of MPG than anyone on the roster besides Keldon and Vassell. Sochan will not be coming off the bench for ever, it's only due to the way the current roster is constructed. This is not a slight to Sochan at all. Spurs are lucky he doesn't have a bad ego and he want look at coming off the bench as a demotion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre/devonte/wes
    vassell/malakai
    kj/doug/bubbly
    sochan/zollins/mamu/barlow
    wemby/zollins/bassey

Cissoko,ossman and stevens i know nothing about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rotation will likely be

Jones/Wesley
    Vassell/Branham
    Keldon/McDermott
    Wemby/Sochan
    Collins/Bassey

with Graham likely being in the rotation as back up PG first and Wesley having to earn his spot and Bassey vs. Mamu battling it out for back up C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rotation will likely be

Jones/Wesley
    Vassell/Branham
    Keldon/McDermott
    Wemby/Sochan
    Collins/Bassey

with Graham likely being in the rotation as back up PG first and Wesley having to earn his spot and Bassey vs. Mamu battling it out for back up C
    Don't be surprised to see Champagnie battling McDermott for some minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rotation will likely be

Jones/Wesley
    Vassell/Branham
    Keldon/McDermott
    Wemby/Sochan
    Collins/Bassey

I know everybody assumes the Spurs will start Wemby at PF, but it just feels wrong sending Sochan to the bench. I would just start the entire young core, tbh. I don't want anyone having their confidence messed by being sent to the bench. Even if your minutes stay the same, or even increase, folks that started last season will be disapointed being sent to the bench, tbh. It's just human nature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while Wemby will obviously be a mainstay at starter, Zollins/Sochan might alternate depending on matchup. Johnson/Vassell/Tre seem locked in until further notice. either way, that looks to be largely a 3 man rotation, with some Mamu/Bassey sprinkled in, or some small lineups with Keldon moving up here and there

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know everybody assumes the Spurs will start Wemby at PF, but it just feels wrong sending Sochan to the bench. I would just start the entire young core, tbh. I don't want anyone having their confidence messed by being sent to the bench. Even if your minutes stay the same, or even increase, folks that started last season will be disapointed being sent to the bench, tbh. It's just human nature.
    The problem is that our spacing is horrible.
    Tre is a horrible shooter for a point guard and Wemby can't play C yet.
    Meaning that it's between Keldon and Jeremy. I'd rather start Jeremy, but then we'd have 1970s spacing.
    If only Jeremy improves his handles even more, so he can start instead of Tre. I'm sure Pop will try it at some point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s crazy people think sochan won’t start lol he’s starting there is zero chance he comes off the Bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon should start. His spacing works much bettter as a starter with Victor and his skills are maximized in the starting unit. Sochan's multiple skills are amplified off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s crazy people think sochan won’t start lol he’s starting there is zero chance he comes off the Bench
    Who's being left out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is we have like 6-7 guys that everybody says has to start and per NCAA, FIBA, and NBA rules, we can only start 5

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is we have like 6-7 guys that everybody says has to start and per NCAA, FIBA, and NBA rules, we can only start 5
    It would be a huge mistake to start keldon over sochan . Sochan plays defense keldon doesn’t .

Thread Information