Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That you use transition as an insult shows you are transphobic
    You took that as an insult? Is it because you run purely on emotions 24/7? I was being genuine with you because you're such a staunch activist that I just figured you're in the process yourself or soon to be. Don't worry bro, we got your back!

What do I label yall that continuously try to pin me as a junkie while ting all over those who have a real need for serious substance abuse help? ____phobic!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You took that as an insult? Is it because you run purely on emotions 24/7? I was being genuine with you because you're such a staunch activist that I just figured you're in the process yourself or soon to be. Don't worry bro, we got your back!

What do I label yall that continuously try to pin me as a junkie while ting all over those who have a real need for serious substance abuse help? ____phobic!
    You're on drugs right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    outcomes are positive in a vast majority of these cases yet you will curiously fixate on outliers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Can't imagine what this person must be going through, you cannot say they are mentally weak with that background and you cannot take their "grooming" comments as a broad brush for everyone who has transitioned or wishes to transition. If anything, this shows the anguish these people face and to pretend it's a show is short-sighted to say the least.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Psychologists who work with people and make recommendations aren’t the ones who perform the operations

outcomes are positive in a vast majority of these cases yet you will curiously fixate on outliers
    40% suicide rate tells you all you need to know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    And?

Just let them kill themselves?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Psychologists who work with people and make recommendations aren’t the ones who perform the operations

40% suicide rate tells you all you need to know.
    And?

Just let them kill themselves?
    What is your lame Strawman attempt this time?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My apologies Chumpy.

What is your lame Strawperson attempt this time?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    BeepBumper

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You didn’t make a point. Trans people have high suicide rates. This is known. Turns out trans affirming care decreases that quite a bit. Pretending trans people don’t exist doesn’t make them any less suicidal

if you wanted to make the point you think you are making, it would be a study that showed that trans people who undergo transitions have a higher suicide rate than trans people who dont

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    My take is that transgender people are very vulnerable and should probably undergo care that increases their well being while your take seems to be that trans people should just suffer and try to convince themselves they aren’t actually trans. Except that didn’t work for gay people and it doesn’t work for trans people either

there will be a small subset of people who undergo transitions that they regret which I’m sure would be traumatic but that i wouldn’t dictate what the best practice of care is based on such a small minority of that group

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Basically you found a stat that says people undergoing chemotherapy live shorter lives than people who don’t and then using that as an argument to say that people with cancer shouldn’t get chemo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    sr21 destroyed you both.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    sr21 destroyed you both.
    RumpHumper and SR21 going purse shopping in a celebration of one of the sickest Strawperson attempts ever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    RumpHumper and SR21 going purse shopping in a celebration of one of the sickest Strawperson attempts ever.
    What do you think your statistic means for gender related therapy of any kind, Flabby?

Step up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Ha! I challenge that.

Any accurate studies?
    If you want to post a reliable study from a source other then FruitcakesRus, please do.
    your track record in this thread is two strawman arguments, and getting butthurt over a point being made that apparently you thought was some kind of shot at you. yeah, most anyone would be pretty inclined to think you aren't interested in a legitimate discussion.

but enjoy continuing your staunch defense of guys who lop off their penises

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    THIS is the response you've been plotting for 2 weeks?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    THIS is the response you've been plotting for 2 weeks?
    Nothing more needs to be said.
    Entire thread you have done nothing but raised strawperson objections then skirted off when hit with solid facts.

Like Kori said, why don't you and Chump go transition already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nothing more needs to be said.
    Entire thread you have done nothing but raised strawperson objections then skirted off when hit with solid facts.

Like Kori said, why don't you and Chump go transition already.
    replace filibuster in this clip with strawman and its basically you when you dont have an actual response to a point thats been made:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    my point was that trans people should undergo treatment that makes them less suicidal (seems to be that transitioning is a good way to do this), and your "rebuttal" was a study that said trans people are very suicidal. it doesnt address the question of what course of action a trans person should take to avoid those negative outcomes. my pointing that out is not a "strawman" by any definition of that word

its the equivalent of me saying "cancer patients should undergo radiation/chemo" and then you showing a study that says "cancer patients tend to die a lot faster than non cancer patients". like... ok? how does that address the earlier point?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Fabbs displaying textbook repression and projection, maybe he needs some therapy of his own?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    my point was that trans people should undergo treatment that makes them less suicidal (seems to be that transitioning is a good way to do this)
    LOL The % of suicide goes up post surgery dumbass... You're standing on a hill of falsehoods to make your narrative seem legit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    LOL The % of suicide goes up post surgery dumbass...
    According to whom?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    LOL The % of suicide goes up post surgery dumbass... You're standing on a hill of falsehoods to make your narrative seem legit.
    it doesnt, though

this same conversation has been had on this forum more than once. somebody is going to bring up the study from sweden that says suicide rates after surgery are higher but they arent going to read it carefully enough to know that it says suicide rates after surgery are higher than the general population (ie including people who are not trans). nobody is asserting that the increased suicide risk among trans people completely evaporates post surgery. but it definitely decreases it, and you will find multiple studies saying so

Thread Information