Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ok agree.
    They are definitely the favorite with OU right behind.

I never did understand the "we are back thing" . What new level are we on now that we can say we are back?
    I just let them have their fun, they prove it on the field or they don't. It's only two games in, but the defensive line looks amazing and it looks like Ewers is starting to trust his receivers enough to air it out and let them go get it. I didn't think they could win the trenches vs Bama, and they did. But we are playing big12 offenses the rest of the way so we will see what happens.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^yep
    Some chuck it around team with a good QB and some skippy receivers might be UT achilles heel

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I listened to the 2nd caller and had to turn it off.
    What kind of conference have we got ourselves into?
    Do they kill you at away games? Or do they kill themselves in front of you when they lose.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    texas is definitely better but i'm still not sure what to make of bama. their QB looked pretty pedestrian. what impressed me about texas was how they dominated in the trenches on both sides. it's a very favorable schedule for them so running the table is not out of the question.

Post Count

I listened to the 2nd caller and had to turn it off.
    What kind of conference have we got ourselves into?
    Do they kill you at away games? Or do they kill themselves in front of you when they lose.
    Jim is a not a dummy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jim is a not a dummy.
    Exactly.

Its like this Finebaum is a counselor for all these wackos? What is up with that...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    texas is definitely better but i'm still not sure what to make of bama. their QB looked pretty pedestrian. what impressed me about texas was how they dominated in the trenches on both sides. it's a very favorable schedule for them so running the table is not out of the question.
    ATMs Qb looks much better than Milroe imo.

The problem seems that ATM does not know how to block for him and or has no clue when Miami was sending the whole defense after him. Seems like The U blitzed every other play. That QB will not last getting hit continuously like that.

Ewers made Worthy and AD Mitc make all world catches on the long balls. Great catches. But could the ball have been thrown in an easier spot since neither were being blanketed? In other words they were open? Imo opinion absolutely those could have been easier catches. Try throwing the ball over Worthy’s left shoulder instead of back to the middle of the field were he has to practically catch it straight over his head… I know it looked great but could it be easier given the situation. I believe yes. No need to make it a difficult catch. (The NFL will take notes… on the difficulty of the catch)

Sark did a great job with Ewers in starting with the easier throws that Ewers did a great job at. Quick high velocity throws that Ewers threw perfectly to allow the runner to look ahead in stride. Confidence throws. Two dropped TDS and Ewers was fine. I believe the long passes can/should get better. (OL did a great job pass protection and Ewers stepped up confidently. ATM QB was a brave kid)
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-13-2023 at 10:50 PM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Few thoughts here

- T.Austin was the better team

- Alabama won't make the playoff

- Texas won't win the le

"FSU vs USC
    Texas vs Michigan"

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Few thoughts here

- Texas won't win the le

"FSU vs USC
    Texas vs Michigan"
    it does look like 'bama is not quite the same 'bama but the SEC also seems a bit down so who knows if they can get to the playoff. UGA is clearly the top dawg now (no pun intended). UT has a pretty easy path to the playoffs so I can see them at least getting there. i wouldn't make them my top pick though. i would currently list georgia and FSU as my favorites.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Few thoughts here

- Texas won't win the le

"FSU vs USC
    Texas vs Michigan"
    Whoa easy don't go too far out on a limb with those crazy thoughts

Post Count
    Exactly.

Its like this Finebaum is a counselor for all these wackos? What is up with that...
    "Alabama took that steer up the rear!" It's like a sports show, comedy show and group therapy session all at once.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Alabama took that steer up the rear!" It's like a sports show, comedy show and group therapy session all at once.
    Wow...

I did not even realize what was going on.
    What a great idea. They actually have real crazy people IDed for call in's so they can let them explode and attempt to diffuse the rant (meek attempts)
    I thought just hang up on these freaks but no, they let them go on. They even have pictures of the patients/entertainers.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Bama switching Quarterbacks

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Bama switching Quarterbacks
    Some college coaches stick with players out of a sense of loyalty. Winners don't, they play the best players they have.

I wish Tech would switch QBs but they won't.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some college coaches stick with players out of a sense of loyalty. Winners don't, they play the best players they have.

I wish Tech would switch QBs but they won't.
    I think Alabama’s new offensive coordinator brought his QB from Notre Dame along as a transfer.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Seminoles might this weekend

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Flip side of Colorado's roster flip: Ex-Buffs QB among players stuck in limbo by flawed NCAA waiver process
    By Dennis Dodd
    Sep 14, 2023

7 min read

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...aiver-process/

Poor kid

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Seminoles escape Chestnut, Boston

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Bama's offense looks like it has regressed 20 years...back to the early 00's SEC unwatchable "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offenses tbh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Big SEC boys struggling early

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    does anyone know if teams hosting official visitors for night games play early games on the tv while recruits are visiting ryan wingo wouldve saw mizzou storm field for beating k state ..........

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Bama's offense looks like it has regressed 20 years...back to the early 00's SEC unwatchable "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offenses tbh
    saban said all off season he was going back to murderball football.......he does not have the rbs to do it which hampered mack brown when he to reverted back to that style of football after losing to saban........

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

Seminoles escape Chestnut, Boston
    acc helping fsu........20 penalties for boston 5 for fsu.......

I didn't think they could win the trenches vs Bama, and they did.
    Should we give major props to Texas or is Bama going soft?
    Both?

saban said all off season he was going back to murderball football.......he does not have the rbs to do it which hampered mack brown when he to reverted back to that style of football after losing to saban........
    It's over with and i did not hear Saban nor Bama about it.
    With that said, WTH was with the 2nd TD called back for "Illegal snap."
    I saw nothing on the play to indicate anything off.
    TF was that all about.

Look, props to Texas and scoreboard.
    Just saying those 2 TDs called back were game changers. 1st one was illegal reciever downfield. Again, i heard no ing from Saban and the recap.

Thread Information