Page 82 of 143 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the issue is Pop's penchant for sticking with his gut. When the Griz eliminated the Spurs two years ago he hesitated to use Splitter more even though he showed the ability to help against Memphis. He has stuck with Bonner in the past until..............I just don't know. Now there is Danny Green who is operating with Pop's favor. While often not appearing to do much right, he has a penchant for not doing anything wrong in the offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bradley isn't a PG, he is an undersized SG. His PER doesn't matter for 2 factors :

1st - PER is not good to measure the defensive impact of player (Bowen was always awful in terms of PER). Bradley is one of the best defensive guards in the league. If you don't believe me, watch a Boston game.

2nd - He is coming back from a serious injury.

Yeah his value may have dropped because of his injury and that's exactly why Boston should sell him low now. It wouldn't make any sense.
    I'm pretty aware of his defensive presence and I probably watch more NBA games (including Boston) than the average die hard NBA fan. I watch just about every game (not just the Spurs).

I'm also aware that PER isn't a good measure of a players defensive presence, but that still doesn't justify your premise that his market value is worthy of an All-Star in return. That's crazy talk, tbh. Only subjective pro-Celtic fans would agree to that, tbh.

Like I said previously, I never said Avery Bradley makes sense for a potential Boston/SA deal, I just simply pointed out how his skill-set would fit a need for the Spurs and that it's obvious that the price for him would be too high for what the Spurs would probably initially offer (De Colo or Neal/Blair).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's assist to turnover ratio is the second best on the team by a considerable margin and compares favorably with many starting PGs in the NBA, including All Stars such as Westbrook and Holiday.
    Yeah that doesnt change the fact that he's not a PG, he can't bring the ball up the court vs pressure and doesn't have the handles of a PG in general. He's probably the best passing SG in league tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that doesnt change the fact that he's not a PG, he can't bring the ball up the court vs pressure and doesn't have the handles of a PG in general. He's probably the best passing SG in league tho.
    And all that, aside from moving the goalposts, doesn't change the fact that Manu is the best option for the job on the current roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty aware of his defensive presence and I probably watch more NBA games (including Boston) than the average die hard NBA fan. I watch just about every game (not just the Spurs).

I'm also aware that PER isn't a good measure of a players defensive presence, but that still doesn't justify your premise that his market value is worthy of an All-Star in return. That's crazy talk, tbh. Only subjective pro-Celtic fans would agree to that, tbh.

Like I said previously, I never said Avery Bradley makes sense for a potential Boston/SA deal, I just simply pointed out how his skill-set would fit a need for the Spurs and that it's obvious that the price for him would be too high for what the Spurs would probably initially offer (De Colo or Neal/Blair).
    I never said his market value is worth an all-star. I simply said that Boston has no reason to trade him, unless it's for a star. And a package of Neal/Nando won't get it done, even though I do agree with you that he would be a good fit with Manu. Yeah, Boston fans usually overrate him like crazy (we used to do it with Hill as well), but ask any Boston fan If the would entertain the idea of a Neal-Nando/Bradley swap.

In the end, we simply disagree in the sense that for you, the PG situation is OK, but for me It is not. I never said that a Jack/Calderon swap is a no-brainer or anything. I would simply understand if it happens considering how I see the backup PG situation overall.

I respect your opinion and I simply disagree with it. No problem at all to disagree. The important thing is to discuss it in a civil manner tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's assist to turnover ratio is the second best on the team by a considerable margin and compares favorably with many starting PGs in the NBA, including All Stars such as Westbrook and Holiday.
    Also Boris has a better assist to turnover ratio and Westbrick and Holiday average about 4 TOs a game...
    Last edited by Paranoid Pop; 01-30-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And all that, aside from moving the goalposts, doesn't change the fact that Manu is the best option for the job on the current roster.
    Well the thing is, the magical player that's not a PG but can bring the ball up the court doesn't really exist I think. Players like Tyreke Evans and Mills might be the closest to that mold...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Boris has a better assist to turnover ratio and Westbrick and Holiday average about 4 TOs a games...
    I was only looking at the guards, but point taken on Boris. As to the numbers you cite for the two All Star PGs, they rather help to make my case. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the thing is, the magical player that's not a PG but can bring the ball up the court doesn't really exist I think. Players like Tyreke Evans and Mills might be the closest to that mold...
    I agree that Manu/Mills while Tony rests is the best that the Spurs can do with their current assets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like Beasley is looking better and better, I remember Chinook wanted him earlier in the season...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eric Maynor is out of the rotation in OKC. He would be a decent backup PG that looks to pass first and can knock down big shots. I remember he was big for them two seasons ago. It would allow us to start Manu and move Green to the bench and get Neal out of the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors would love to get their hands on Denver's Timofey Mozgov, or even San Antonio's DeJuan Blair. But acquiring worthy help would require the Warriors to part with someone they like.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/50295/warriors-would-love-to-land-mozgov-or-blair.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eric Maynor is out of the rotation in OKC. He would be a decent backup PG that looks to pass first and can knock down big shots. I remember he was big for them two seasons ago. It would allow us to start Manu and move Green to the bench and get Neal out of the rotation.
    2.1 assists per 36 minutes
    29.1% FG %

There are real truth reasons he's fallen out of the rotation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors need another PG, we got a Canadian kid who probably deserves to be in the NBA fulltime now...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2.1 assists per 36 minutes
    29.1% FG %

There are real truth reasons he's fallen out of the rotation.
    Agreed may as well go after Fisher if we're that desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Glen Davis broke his left foot last night, so they might be in the market for another big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like Beasley is looking better and better, I remember Chinook wanted him earlier in the season...
    I did. But it looks to be like he's playing well because a buddy of his is the coach there now. While the Spurs' players love Pop, he's not a buddy-buddy coach, especially with new young players. I'd be worried about Beasley's response to Pop's coaching.

No question he's looking better now. He's even been decently efficient recently. He's shooting over 50 percent and averaging a whopping 27/8 per 36 over the last five games. If he played the four, his numbers could be even better. But I don't think he brings much consistent effort on defense. That wouldn't fly in San Antonio.

Would I trade Jack for him? I'm not sure. Beasley is obviously a matchup nightmare on offense, but I don't think he'd really help the team unless he really buys in. If the Spurs actually did acquire him, I'd feel good about it, because it would mean that Pop feels comfortable with the fit.

Now would I trade Splitter and Jack for Gortat and Beasley (the en vogue trade idea at the time)? no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors need another PG, we got a Canadian kid who probably deserves to be in the NBA fulltime now...
    But they have nothing the Spurs should want. Ed Davis was the closest thing, and he's gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awkhpcn
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aayqlkj

Because I'm bored at work and have nothing better to do than play with the Armchair GM toy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors would love to get their hands on Denver's Timofey Mozgov, or even San Antonio's DeJuan Blair. But acquiring worthy help would require the Warriors to part with someone they like.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...-or-blair.html
    Really? I dont think the Spurs would be looking to take anyone back. GSW's 1st rounder, which projects to be in the early 20s, would be more than enough. Get it done!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? I dont think the Spurs would be looking to take anyone back. GSW's 1st rounder, which projects to be in the early 20s, would be more than enough. Get it done!
    The Warriors owe Utah that pick. The soonest the Spurs could get one from them would be 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors owe Utah that pick. The soonest the Spurs could get one from them would be 2015.
    Its more then to let Blair go with no pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its more then to let Blair go with no pick.
    I don't really agree. I'd rather take a second or two and a prospect like Tyler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really agree. I'd rather take a second or two and a prospect like Tyler.
    A pick and a prospect is alot for a player who gets no PT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really see why Warriors would be interested in Blair. They have a lot of quality at PF/C with Bogut, Lee and Landry. They have enough depth with Ezeli, Biedrins and Draymond Green.

To me, the team that would be maybe the best fit for Blair is Portland. Their bench sucks, they have a trade exception big enough for Blair and they have small assets Spurs should like (second round pick, rights to Papanikolaou).

Thread Information