Page 82 of 212 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 5300
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Houston’s Texas medical center, often referred to as the largest medical center in the world, showed its ICU beds were at 97% of normal capacity. The hospital has maximum capacity for nearly 1,000 more ICU beds if it activates its plans for public health emergencies.

The surge in cases in Texas and increase in hospitalizations has been accompanied by a higher rate of positive tests. These are indicators cases are not increasing just because more people are being tested.

The head of the Houston Methodist hospital system, Dr Marc Boom, wrote in an email to employees on Friday: “We appear to be nearing the tipping point.”

In the email, seen by the Texas Tribune, Boom continued: “Should the number of new cases grow too rapidly, it will eventually challenge our ability to treat both Covid-19 and non-Covid-19 patients.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ston-hospitals
    Per tmc.edu 70 percent of icu ARE NON COVID PATIENTS.

Stop the gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or wearing masks.
    Fits my anecdotal observations.
    Every age group does not seem to care, especially bad in small South Texas cities based on my fishing adventures requiring stops into convenience stores.
    San Antonio is so different in my experience.
    Because you simply MUST go fishing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per tmc.edu 70 percent of icu ARE NON COVID PATIENTS.

Stop the gossip
    NOBODY SAID THEY WEREN'T. STOP YOUR LIES

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "CARROLLTON, Texas — As North Texas watches COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surge, one family is shouldering a health crisis that they never expected to face.

That crisis, all began on May 30 when just a single relative, unknowingly infected with COVID-19, interacted with seven family members at a surprise birthday party. ...

Those seven family members then contracted and spread the virus to 10 other relatives.

Now, Ron Barbosa is keeping track of 18 people in his family who have tested positive for COVID-19.

Barbosa didn't attend the party himself, but the celebration was for his daughter-in-law who turned 30.

However, Barbosa's nephew hosted.

Even though everyone did their best to stay socially distant, Barbosa said it wasn't enough.

"It wasn't that long. It was only a couple of hours," Barbosa, a volunteer EMT said. "But during that brief time, somehow the other 18 family members are now infected with COVID."

Barbosa, who is also married to a doctor, said he and his wife refused to go to the party due to safety reasons.

However, it was a party that by current state health standards appeared harmless. A total of 25 people attended, and not all of them arrived and stayed for the same duration.

"When people started getting sick, we really let everyone have it," Barbosa said. "We knew this was going to happen, I mean this whole time this has been going on we've been terrified."

Among those infected are two young children, two grandparents, a cancer patient and Barbosa's parents, who are in their 80s.

Three are now hospitalized: Barbosa's parents Frank and Carole, along with his sister Kathy, who is battling breast cancer......

Before the party, he played golf with a few family members who also attended the event, according to Barbosa.

Even though everyone did their best to stay socially distant, Barbosa said it wasn't enough.

"It wasn't that long. It was only a couple of hours," Barbosa, a volunteer EMT said. "But during that brief time, somehow the other 18 family members are now infected with COVID."

Barbosa, who is also married to a doctor, said he and his wife refused to go to the party due to safety reasons.

However, it was a party that by current state health standards appeared harmless. A total of 25 people attended, and not all of them arrived and stayed for the same duration.

"When people started getting sick, we really let everyone have it," Barbosa said. "We knew this was going to happen, I mean this whole time this has been going on we've been terrified."

Among those infected are two young children, two grandparents, a cancer patient and Barbosa's parents, who are in their 80s.

Three are now hospitalized: Barbosa's parents Frank and Carole, along with his sister Kathy, who is battling breast cancer.

He says she went to the party and got infected, even though she was socially distanced outside on a porch.

But Barbosa's parents are in a much tougher situation.

Ron

Barbosa said it's likely Carole infected Frank after she stopped by the party to drop something off.

Carole has been hospitalized since June 13, and Frank has been in a hospital since June 17.

Frank is in the ICU and is on life support. Barbosa told WFAA that he is inches away from being put on a ventilator.

"My dad's hanging on by a thread," Barbosa said. "They're saying this is one of the last straws for my dad."

Visitation is mostly restricted, meaning calls to Barbosa's parents are vital.

"That's really the best medicine. You know they're in there by themselves with no family," Barbosa said holding back tears. "It's heartbreaking."

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/no...e-f4437fe6f836

Last edited by Blake; 06-25-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOBODY SAID THEY WEREN'T. STOP YOUR LIES
    The only lying is you. Reporting generalization after generalization. No context. Just sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only lying is you. Reporting generalization after generalization. No context. Just sad
    Lol "no context".

I posted a direct quote from the head of the Houston Methodist hospital system. A doctor.

You're nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Texas Medical Center’s intensive care capacity could be exceeded as soon as Thursday because of the surge in COVID-19 patients, the hospital system projects.

A TMC model also predicts ICU surge capacity — extra, temporary beds and equipment used in emergencies — could be exceeded as soon as July 6 if the steep rate of new COVID hospitalizations continues, the most aggressive modeling to date."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...y-15363724.php

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Texas Medical Center’s intensive care capacity could be exceeded as soon as Thursday because of the surge in COVID-19 patients, the hospital system projects.

A TMC model also predicts ICU surge capacity — extra, temporary beds and equipment used in emergencies — could be exceeded as soon as July 6 if the steep rate of new COVID hospitalizations continues, the most aggressive modeling to date."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...y-15363724.php
    Nurses might have to stop doing choreographed dancing, amirite?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "CARROLLTON, Texas — As North Texas watches COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surge, one family is shouldering a health crisis that they never expected to face.

That crisis, all began on May 30 when just a single relative, unknowingly infected with COVID-19, interacted with seven family members at a surprise birthday party. ...

Those seven family members then contracted and spread the virus to 10 other relatives.

Now, Ron Barbosa is keeping track of 18 people in his family who have tested positive for COVID-19.

Barbosa didn't attend the party himself, but the celebration was for his daughter-in-law who turned 30.

Three are now hospitalized: Barbosa's parents Frank and Carole, along with his sister Kathy, who is battling breast cancer......

Before the party, he played golf with a few family members who also attended the event, according to Barbosa.

Three are now hospitalized: Barbosa's parents Frank and Carole, along with his sister Kathy, who is battling breast cancer.

He says she went to the party and got infected, even though she was socially distanced outside on a porch.

Ron

Barbosa said it's likely Carole infected Frank after she stopped by the party to drop something off.

Carole has been hospitalized since June 13, and Frank has been in a hospital since June 17.

Frank is in the ICU and is on life support. Barbosa told WFAA that he is inches away from being put on a ventilator.

"My dad's hanging on by a thread," Barbosa said. "They're saying this is one of the last straws for my dad."

"That's really the best medicine. You know they're in there by themselves with no family," Barbosa said holding back tears. "It's heartbreaking."

tholdren says every family gathering is perfectly safe and never leads to any infections for any disease because magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This surge isn't driven by Republicans, its driven by dumb ass 20-50s ignoring reasonable cautions.
    So it isn't business reopening, it is "young people not taking precautions".

What kinds of employment are most at risk?
    What kinds of employment do most young people work at?

If you can't answer those questions honestly, you cede the point, and once again, your confirmation bias keeps you from seeing reality the way it actually is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid mother er.

Your "just the flu" is going to swamp the hospital system in the state here. What will your stupid explanation then be?

Whatever echo chamber bull you surround yourself with will have to work overtime to explain away full ICUs.

Maybe you will try claiming NICU units are "Hospital beds" that can be used for COVID patients again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberate texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it isn't business reopening, it is "young people not taking precautions".

What kinds of employment are most at risk?
    What kinds of employment do most young people work at?

If you can't answer those questions honestly, you cede the point, and once again, your confirmation bias keeps you from seeing reality the way it actually is.
    Lol I've seen as many prime ventilator candidates ignoring guidelines, flooding restaurants/bars, etc as young people. I'd say it's roughly the same.

But - no - it wasn't ANY muh freedom protesters it was ONLY BLM protesters. No, it wasn't skipping steps in reopening, it was young people ONLY not following guidelines.

No boomer or science denying conservative has ever been responsible for even one infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I've seen as many prime ventilator candidates ignoring guidelines, flooding restaurants/bars, etc as young people. I'd say it's roughly the same.

But - no - it wasn't ANY muh freedom protesters it was ONLY BLM protesters. No, it wasn't skipping steps in reopening, it was young people ONLY not following guidelines.

No boomer or science denying conservative has ever been responsible for even one infection.
    When I have been out and about, the odds of someone wearing a mask went down the older the person was. White older males... almost never were wearing masks. Maybe that is my confirmation bias, dunno.

It has become some ed part of conservative iden y politics. Tone at the top matters.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you simply MUST go fishing.

Yep kayaking and exercise ravenously.
    Too much computer time.
    I actually know people outside this board, odd for you I guess.
    Its pretty obvious “I “ deal with shut ins on this board, it’s interesting.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pleading with a virus.
    Maybe you have a special antiviral dance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I have been out and about, the odds of someone wearing a mask went down the older the person was. White older males... almost never were wearing masks. Maybe that is my confirmation bias, dunno.

It has become some ed part of conservative iden y politics. Tone at the top matters.
    I don't think it is confirmation bias. In my experience it has been about evenly divided between the adolescents and seniors, but seniors are the ones taking their giant families to the restaurants, and packing the dive bars or filling up all the seats at the bar in the aforementioned restaurants as "regulars" while younger people tend to pack the clubs/college bars.

The one common theme though? Usually white.

Wonder why? More likely to vote for Trump and deny science? More likely to have healthcare? More likely to not live in cir stances that make them susceptible to infection?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ron

^This is how it spreads. Not by brief encounters with randos at stores.

People are going to hang out with friends and family, especially younger people.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^This is how it spreads. Not by brief encounters with randos at stores.

People are going to hang out with friends and family, especially younger people.
    How you gonna be lecturing people when you're hanging out at bars and ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it is confirmation bias. In my experience it has been about evenly divided between the adolescents and seniors, but seniors are the ones taking their giant families to the restaurants, and packing the dive bars or filling up all the seats at the bar in the aforementioned restaurants as "regulars" while younger people tend to pack the clubs/college bars.

Wonder why? More likely to vote for Trump and deny science? More likely to have healthcare? More likely to not live in cir stances that make them susceptible to infection?
    So how are all these maskless white people dis-proportionally infecting blacks and hispanics?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The two biggest groups I see not wearing them even in grocery stores are 55+ white seniors and 20s-mid30s mojados.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's odd, considering the vast majority of cases and deaths in San Antonio are Hispanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two biggest groups I see not wearing them even in grocery stores are 55+ white seniors and 20s-mid30s mojados.
    Funny thing is 3 days ago I saw two people in my local gas station without masks (which was packed) and one was a young mojado who for some reason had a Cnfederate flag on his bumper and an ancient white guy with his khakis pulled up practically to his nipples. Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's odd, considering the vast majority of cases and deaths in San Antonio are Hispanic.
    I do live on a good side of town. You're more likely to die if you're poor too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you gonna be lecturing people when you're hanging out at bars and ?
    I don't go to any packed bars.

Thread Information