Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3333
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance then that we can get Ayton on a low ball offer like 4/100?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix did a decent job of team building and making the finals two straight years, but it looks like it's on the verge of slipping away. CP3 is still their most impactful player and he's 37, and he's a long shot on ever getting through an entire playoff season injury free. Booker is maxed out and doesn't play D, and if they match the Ayton offer, he comes back obviously unhappy. They had big problems in the first round against a Pelicans team that was missing arguably their best player, and at this point I'd say New Orleans has a brighter future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance then that we can get Ayton on a low ball offer like 4/100?
    nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea KD is ed. He’s gonna have to suck it up and play for Brooklyn for at least another season, cause their asking price is way too high for any of these teams. No one is gutting their roster + multiple draft picks for 34 year old KD at this point, and they shouldn’t.
    Yeah, I think Durant will have to suck it up, poor boy. Nets may just sit on Kyrie until they can get two picks out of LA, who will feel increasingly desperate, or until his dumb contract runs out. Or the idiot might change his tune to wanting to play for "any contender" and he gets moved before the deadline. Durant will have to actually lead a team as its best player, a spot rife for comedy.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite what Adam Silver probably thinks, having the Lakers and the Nets fail completely, to me, is probably a great thing for the league. I don’t want the owners to have all of the control, but neither do I want superstar players indirectly manipulating small-market teams with their demands for player movement, always, of course, to the bigger market teams.

“They knew the risks. I say, let ‘em crash!”
    Airplane 2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After previously shutting down inquiries on moving All-Star guard Donovan Mitc , rival teams say the Utah Jazz are showing a willingness to listen on possible trade scenarios, sources tell ESPN.

Woj

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After previously shutting down inquiries on moving All-Star guard Donovan Mitc , rival teams say the Utah Jazz are showing a willingness to listen on possible trade scenarios, sources tell ESPN.

Woj
    This was the opening the Suns needed. Something like the following makes the most sense . . .

Nets receive: Mitc , Turner, Bridges/Johnson, minor picks/swaps via Suns

Suns receive: Durant

Jazz receive: Simmons, unprecedented haul of unprotected picks/swaps via Suns

Nets/Suns likely haggle over which of Bridges/Johnson while Jazz probably canvass the league to find a fourth team to take Simmons. Of course, other names could be included as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Utah will be our biggest tanking rival

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the opening the Suns needed. Something like the following makes the most sense . . .

Nets/Suns likely haggle over which of Bridges/Johnson while Jazz probably canvass the league to find a fourth team to take Simmons. Of course, other names could be included as well.
    I’d effing take Simmons. I doubt he wants to be in a rebuilding team though. But that should expedite Spurs rebuilding. Now to convince Chip to stay longer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks that utah will be compe ion for the tank, but more big players moving around = more opportunities for us to sell off cap space

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle just said something to the effect of "nobody wanted to come play in Indiana, now we've got free agents wanting to come to play with Haliburton"... I wonder if he didn't just give away that Ayton to the Pacers is imminent...
    I’d effing take Simmons. I doubt he wants to be in a rebuilding team though. But that should expedite Spurs rebuilding. Now to convince Chip to stay longer
    Simmons' problem is the kind that's toughest to fix, as it's in his own head. You can't surgically repair it, and it will only get worse as pressure rises. Any team who touches Simmons is doomed from the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the next move is Donovan Mitc to NY... expect no less than 7 picks to go out (NYs own 2023 + 2025 + 2027 + 2029 + 2023 from Dallas, Washington & Detroit)
    I feel that the chances of this happening are increasing by the minute... I said Ainge supposedly wanting to build around Mitc was likely posturing on the part of a smart negotiator trying to gain leverage... well... suddenly they seem to be "willing to listen"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY post reporting kyrie wants to stay in Brooklyn now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think the Nets would want Mitc at the expense of Simmons. It's a shame that they can't have both players on the team at the same time, because they're a great fit together. But that can't be helped. I am not one of those guys who thinks the Nets can't tank because of the pick they owe Houston -- tanking increases the likelihood of getting a good pick regardless unless Houston is great this year. But if they have a chance to pair two All-Stars together, they should take that. While I agree that the more stars on the market, the better for a Durant trade, they'll need to find a way to make that work to get them a guy to pair with Simmons. No one is going to pay a premium for Ben, so the paths to building a competent roster are easier with him than by moving him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks that utah will be compe ion for the tank, but more big players moving around = more opportunities for us to sell off cap space
    Yep. A Charlotte fan was talking about MJ wanting to make a pitch for Mitchel. Unprotecting their 2023 first would be key to being able to offer an all-in package, and the Spurs have a couple of win-now players, expirings and cap space to fit in nicely in a Mitchel-to-CHA trade and get one if not two unprotected firsts in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nypost.com/2022/07/12/kyrie-...-kevin-durant/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. A Charlotte fan was talking about MJ wanting to make a pitch for Mitchel. Unprotecting their 2023 first would be key to being able to offer an all-in package, and the Spurs have a couple of win-now players, expirings and cap space to fit in nicely in a Mitchel-to-CHA trade and get one if not two unprotected firsts in this draft.
    If Mitc were going to Charlotte, Utah most likely would rather take that salary & unprotected picks for themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be crazy if OKC packaged their trove of assets to get Mitc and Durant. If they can keep SGA thats a pretty good win now team. They're probably one if of not the only team that may have the assets to pull it off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Mitc were going to Charlotte, Utah most likely would rather take that salary & unprotected picks for themselves.
    They can't take Charlotte's unprotected 2023 first, because the Spurs own the protected version. Charlotte can't trade their 25, 27 and 29 firsts either, because the Spurs own their picks for three years. They could only guarantee two unprotected picks and two swaps. If they unprotect the pick, they have way more freedom to trade the rest, but the Spurs have to agree to that.

Also the Bridges stuff makes it more likely that Charlotte wants to keep Hayward in a win-now situation, so I'd bet on them preferring Rozier go out. His contract is probably not something the Jazz would just take without wanting more compensation than Charlotte can offer. SA could take either Rozier or (hopefully) Conley to ease the burden, for a fee. Also, also, the Hornets may want a win-now center like Poeltl if they're going all in, especially if they're trading Mark Williams to Utah. The Spurs are a very good match here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be crazy if OKC packaged their trove of assets to get Mitc and Durant. If they can keep SGA thats a pretty good win now team. They're probably one if of not the only team that may have the assets to pull it off
    Durant and Ayton would make more sense.

SGA
    Giddy
    Durant
    Holmgren
    Ayton

That would be unreal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't take Charlotte's unprotected 2023 first, because the Spurs own the protected version. Charlotte can't trade their 25, 27 and 29 firsts either, because the Spurs own their picks for three years. They could only guarantee two unprotected picks and two swaps. If they unprotect the pick, they have way more freedom to trade the rest, but the Spurs have to agree to that.

Also the Bridges stuff makes it more likely that Charlotte wants to keep Hayward in a win-now situation, so I'd bet on them preferring Rozier go out. His contract is probably not something the Jazz would just take without wanting more compensation than Charlotte can offer. SA could take either Rozier or (hopefully) Conley to ease the burden, for a fee. Also, also, the Hornets may want a win-now center like Poeltl if they're going all in, especially if they're trading Mark Williams to Utah. The Spurs are a very good match here.
    I'm sure that's incorrect. Charlotte can still trade the pick in the ranges where they don't owe it, for instance they own the pick should it fall in the lottery for the next 3 years. For instance the 2025 Chicago pick we're owed for the DeRozan trade only conveys is the Bulls already settled their obligation to Orlando from the previous Vucevic trade, if not it gets pushed back a year until that is settled. So Charlotte and Utah could arrange the picks so that the ranges traded don't collide, and from there on, they get the picks as long as the Spurs. The fact that the Spurs own a single pick that could convey through multiple years might make it a more messy matter, but the interesting part (transferring the rights to the pick should it fall within the lottery range) is what should draw Utah's attention, "unprotected" is just a label if the protection works in your favor and not against you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SGA
    Giddy
    Durant
    Holmgren
    Ayton

That would be unreal.
    The length.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SGA
    Giddy
    Durant
    Holmgren
    Ayton

That would be unreal.
    Yuck!!! I would not like that at all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    39s
    Milwaukee Bucks swingman Pat Connaughton is finalizing a three-year, $30 million contract extension with the franchise, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The deal takes the Bucks' key shooter and well-regarded leader through the 2025-26 season.

Thread Information