Page 84 of 377 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 9422
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I had to google the Wii U/Switch controller layouts just to make my last post. For games with limited controls, like Mario Odyssey, it's not that bad. Octopath Traveler isn't bad, because it's a turn-based RPG. BoTW is still annoying as to play, to the point that I had to switch to the pro controller.

Also, thank God that the GameCube controller adapter works on the Switch, because playing Smash on anything other than a GameCube controller, sucks ass (and the GameCube controller sucks ass, too, if I am being honest).

I will cross my fingers and hope the XBOX games I want port to PC, because I am not dealing with this again.
    Damn I didn't realize those modern Gamecube controllers Nintendo just put out will work on real Gamecubes. I think I may get one to use with my BC Wii. The dude on the Spawn Wave youtube channel did a tear down of the new Smash Gamecube controller and an original Gamecube controller and they looked ing identical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Celeste was pretty good, it's like a slightly easier super meatboy. The story is a little emo but as a platformer it's quite good. Same guys that made towerfall which is a really really good local multiplayer action game.

Hollowknight I abandoned quickly, crappy controls and art.

Been playing shadow of the tomb raider, I'm impressed. The animation, especially facial expressions, are easily some of the best I've ever seen in a game, same with the jungle environments. Still find it pretty ridiculous that she kills about 5000 people every game and why mention the story but in terms of gameplay and presentation this easily the best in the series IMO

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    PC Brothers in Superiority..

Do not let Insurgency: Sandstorm fly under the radar.. this is a damn good first person shooter.. They took all the best elements of Battlefield's hard core mode, Counter Strike, and Arma and rolled it up into one of a nice package for less than 30 bucks..

The sound quality is amazing.. Being pinned down as the cracks of gunfire go off all around you.. you hear the agonizing moans of your squad dying while you try and pinpoint the enemy (no minimap of any sort in this one).. you're attempting to peek out of a window to get a location on your enemy only to see a large caliber tracer round blow your buddies head into pasta right in front of you is great.. Highly recommend this game
    Nice, i bought it awhile ago on sale because i have been wanting to play a more realistic FPS game, but havent really played it much yet. off for the next week so will definitely check it out now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I picked up Spider-Man again, and I keep dying partially because I press R2 to dodge. I wondered why I kept pressing R2 to dodge, and then I realized it was because of Bayonetta's dodge is mapped to Zr on the Wii U.

Between that and getting my XBOX controls mixed up with Switch controls, I feel like a ing old man trying to play video games. I've played hundreds of hours of the Switch/Wii U combined in the past several years, and zero hours of any XBOX, but my stupid brain keeps going back to my Call of Duty and Halo days.

I swear I used to be better at this when I was younger.
    after playing a ton of call of duty on the ps3, i got very used to using L1 and R1 to aim and shoot. it would always me over when i went to a friends house to play xbox (not to mention the joysticks being in different positions really with muscle memory, so i always sucked ass on xbox). i'm still not fully comfortable using L2 and R2 to shoot, which have been the norm on ps4. especially playing The Last of Us, which required you to be hyper accurate with your weapons since supply was so limited. it's not as big a deal in RDR2, since rockstar games generally have very easy combat.

similarly, i played arkham asylum before starting up RDR2 and the combat was frustrating because while it did feel decently similar to Spider Man (similar free flow combat, square to attack), you needed to hit triangle instead of circle to evade/counter. not to mention hard difficulty in that game removed the attack warnings, and in spider man, the spider sense is very generous, even when its shortened on ultimate difficulty

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    similarly, i played arkham asylum before starting up RDR2 and the combat was frustrating because while it did feel decently similar to Spider Man (similar free flow combat, square to attack), you needed to hit triangle instead of circle to evade/counter. not to mention hard difficulty in that game removed the attack warnings, and in spider man, the spider sense is very generous, even when its shortened on ultimate difficulty
    I feel like the exact opposite, because I played the Arkham games first. Maybe it's because I suck, but I consider the Arkham games a lot more free-flowing when it comes to combat. Once Batman gets a combo going, the player can just fly across the screen and attack enemies, over and over again. Spider-Man and Batman enemies are similar in some way (the regular mook, the guy with the melee weapon, the gun guy, the big guy, the guy with the shield, etc.), but the combat in Arkham seems more on-rails to me. The player has to actually plan their fighting out in advance with Spider-Man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like the exact opposite, because I played the Arkham games first. Maybe it's because I suck, but I consider the Arkham games a lot more free-flowing when it comes to combat. Once Batman gets a combo going, the player can just fly across the screen and attack enemies, over and over again. Spider-Man and Batman enemies are similar in some way (the regular mook, the guy with the melee weapon, the gun guy, the big guy, the guy with the shield, etc.), but the combat in Arkham seems more on-rails to me. The player has to actually plan their fighting out in advance with Spider-Man.
    i had played arkham asylum a few years ago originally, but had never played the sequels (i currently own arkham city and do plan to play that at some point).

the way batman lunges around in combat during a combo always felt so ludicrous tbh ... he has more range than spider man (unless you specifically use the web attack with triangle). spiderman was the first game i played on ps4. played it on normal the first time, then played again on the newly unlocked ultimate (mostly just main story, and the fun side quests like tombstone storyline). the only thing that really felt different was that the spidey sense window was shorter. it took very little to get used to and the combat still mostly seemed forgiving. web attack, do a combo with square, web attack, combo, repeat. once in a while do an air launch. imo it just boils down the dodge being incredibly forgiving. and you can go several seconds without resetting your combo counter

but on batman (at least arkham asylum, they probably refined it in later games), on the hard difficulty, you get zero warning flash for an incoming attack, you have to look at the enemy character movement to see that they're throwing a punch, etc. and pressing counter a hair early resets your combo and you still eat the punch.

i think spider man was a massively more enjoyable game (and arkham asylum is no slouch) but i just found the combat more forgiving. but back on original topic, the frustration of having to use triangle instead of circle to dodge/counter kept getting me killed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rdr2 is such a great game tbh.

- at first it was intimidating because it felt like there were so many different mechanics you had to learn, so many needs you had to maintain, that it felt impossible to be able to keep track of everything going on. so i decided to take it slow on progressing through the main story so i can get acclimated with everything going on. started focusing on side content like hunting so i can craft better gear.

- then it just started feeling really tedious. like, i still enjoyed playing the game, but it felt like i was playing a chore simulator. but there was still a sense of accomplishment. and then hunting and fetching stuff started getting fun as you get the hang of it. though trying to hunt the ing cougar was terrifying ... its like they'll decide to spawn one only within 25 feet of you and with a running start.

- then i thought ok, i've gotten just about everything i've wanted, lets just start doing some main quests and move the story along. but even in the main game, man there is SO much content, that you never feel like you're just blowing through the story too quickly. it's pretty impossible to do that.

the game is just so huge. i can't imagine how much time i'd have to let pass before even considering a second playthrough though... will probably be like 3 years after the PS5 comes out and my library is paper thin and i feel like distracting myself for a month or two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting at 1:00 and his face at 1:15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Witcher 3 any good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rdr2 is such a great game tbh.

- at first it was intimidating because it felt like there were so many different mechanics you had to learn, so many needs you had to maintain, that it felt impossible to be able to keep track of everything going on. so i decided to take it slow on progressing through the main story so i can get acclimated with everything going on. started focusing on side content like hunting so i can craft better gear.

- then it just started feeling really tedious. like, i still enjoyed playing the game, but it felt like i was playing a chore simulator. but there was still a sense of accomplishment. and then hunting and fetching stuff started getting fun as you get the hang of it. though trying to hunt the ing cougar was terrifying ... its like they'll decide to spawn one only within 25 feet of you and with a running start.

- then i thought ok, i've gotten just about everything i've wanted, lets just start doing some main quests and move the story along. but even in the main game, man there is SO much content, that you never feel like you're just blowing through the story too quickly. it's pretty impossible to do that.

the game is just so huge. i can't imagine how much time i'd have to let pass before even considering a second playthrough though... will probably be like 3 years after the PS5 comes out and my library is paper thin and i feel like distracting myself for a month or two
    Told you it sucked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Witcher 3 any good?
    have heard nothing but good things about it. both on ST and elsewhere. i'll probably pick it up next year around black friday. but the game is massive

Told you it sucked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Witcher 3 any good?
    Outstanding. Make sure to get the Complete Edition because the two DLC it comes with are great also. $20 right now on PSN.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...000000000GOTY5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have heard nothing but good things about it. both on ST and elsewhere. i'll probably pick it up next year around black friday. but the game is massive
    The Complete Edition of it is $20 right now on PSN. Even if you're dumping it deep in your backlog I'm not sure it'll drop lower than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my cousin lent me his disks for fallout 4 and the Nathan Drake collection (i've never played an uncharted game... and a buddy of mine said he's got the uncharted 4 disk)

i was also able to get his downloads for a few games: devil may cry 4, battlefront 2, just cause 3, rachet and clank. think there was one of the newer resident evil games. there were a couple of other les, i dont remember.

but im still only about 46% through RDR2, and still need to play god of war, horizon, arkham city. and i definitely wana replay the last of us but on grounded.

i'm good for several months tbh, its why i keep sayin ima wait till next black friday to buy my next stock of games, probably including bloodborne, witcher 3, arkham knight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my cousin lent me his disks for fallout 4 and the Nathan Drake collection (i've never played an uncharted game... and a buddy of mine said he's got the uncharted 4 disk)

i was also able to get his downloads for a few games: devil may cry 4, battlefront 2, just cause 3, rachet and clank. think there was one of the newer resident evil games. there were a couple of other les, i dont remember.

but im still only about 46% through RDR2, and still need to play god of war, horizon, arkham city. and i definitely wana replay the last of us but on grounded.

i'm good for several months tbh, its why i keep sayin ima wait till next black friday to buy my next stock of games, probably including bloodborne, witcher 3, arkham knight
    Ratchet & Clank is great. I only got it because it was on sale cheap ($10 at Gamestop) and apalisoc_9 kept hyping it over and over again here, but he was right. It's one of the best exclusives on the system. Battlefront II is online only I think, so you're out of luck there without PS Plus. Never played Just Cause 3 or DMC 4 though they both look good. You gotta add NieR Automata to your Black Friday 2019 shopping list though. Lots of fast paced action and a ing crazy (but in a good way) story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ratchet & Clank is great. I only got it because it was on sale cheap ($10 at Gamestop) and apalisoc_9 kept hyping it over and over again here, but he was right. It's one of the best exclusives on the system. Battlefront II is online only I think, so you're out of luck there without PS Plus. Never played Just Cause 3 or DMC 4 though they both look good. You gotta add NieR Automata to your Black Friday 2019 shopping list though. Lots of fast paced action and a ing crazy (but in a good way) story.
    battlefront 2 has a campaign, but its like 8 hours . my cousin said it was short, sweet, but worth playing. though tbh he's a pretty ty gamer (literally the guy that plays games on easy). but that er was an 80 gig download, so im just gonna run through that in like 3 sittings and delete the game.

i never played the original ratchet and clank, so i expect the game will be a treat. yeah you've hyped up nier quite a bit too. i'm also wondering when TLOU2 is coming out. hopefully i still have enough of a backlog at that point so i'm not tempted to pay msrp for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    battlefront 2 has a campaign, but its like 8 hours . my cousin said it was short, sweet, but worth playing. though tbh he's a pretty ty gamer (literally the guy that plays games on easy). but that er was an 80 gig download, so im just gonna run through that in like 3 sittings and delete the game.

i never played the original ratchet and clank, so i expect the game will be a treat. yeah you've hyped up nier quite a bit too. i'm also wondering when TLOU2 is coming out. hopefully i still have enough of a backlog at that point so i'm not tempted to pay msrp for it
    LOL I know I will have a backlog when TLOU II launches and I'll probably buy it full price anyways. I'll probably buy Dying Light 2 full price too just because I really like the developer and think their work is worth full price (though that one I'm getting on PC, I much prefer mouse & keyboard for first person games).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo ps4 ratchet is up there with mario odyssey...

Spiderman basically used ratchet and clank weapons system etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo ps4 ratchet is up there with mario odyssey...
    Great game, but no. That's like saying Anthony Davis is right up there with Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I hope Cyberpunk 2077 comes out this year. If it does I'm starting to get tempted to grab an RTX 2060 6GB FE, assuming that gpu can blast through the game the same way my 970 did on The Witcher 3. It's supposed to be about 90% more powerful than the 970 at 1440p so I guess not prohibitively bad at $350.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I hope Cyberpunk 2077 comes out this year. If it does I'm starting to get tempted to grab an RTX 2060 6GB FE, assuming that gpu can blast through the game the same way my 970 did on The Witcher 3. It's supposed to be about 90% more powerful than the 970 at 1440p so I guess not prohibitively bad at $350.
    How have you not played GOAT of war?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't played RDR2 either. I'll play them both at some point this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's too busy dumping 180 hours into various jrpgs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's too busy dumping 180 hours into various jrpgs
    Incorrect. I have about 350 hours into Persona 5 and another 300 in Persona 4 Golden tbh. Still haven't gotten the damn platinum in P4G.

Thread Information