Page 86 of 745 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Spurs get Suns' #1 pick or Kings' #2 pick in two days, this would be the rare case where both sides "overplayed their hands."

The Spurs lose a top-5 player for almost nothing.... "but but Jackson and #16 and..." =almost nothing if we're talking about an MVP candidate and the best defender in the league.

And Kawhi loses money while plays for scrubs for one year.
    While not ideal, the Spurs will survive without Kawhi. If they get enough of a haul, they will stay in contending range for the next two years and build for the future. If they have a few lottery years, they'll eventually find the next star and rebuild. The franchise isn't going anywhere. If Kawhi is traded, he automatically makes less money and he has to play a year and risk injury or if he doesn't play up to a high standard, he could also lose money. The Spurs could decide to keep him for a year and let him walk after the Lakers max LeBron and PG and have no money to throw at him. I think Kawhi has a lot more to lose in the long run, especially if the Spurs have no inclination to send him to the Lakers.

And Kawhi is always one ACL tear away from being irrelevant to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't doubt that Kawhi had some type of injury, but I guess we'll never know if he was healthy enough to help the Spurs make a run at the end of the season for better playoff positioning and for a good run in the playoffs. It could be that he wasn't 100% until now (when he could be traded or sign the supermax) or it could be that he was healthy enough to play, but didn't want to risk a big pay day or a chance to force his way out of San Antonio.
    I'm just saying that's very stupid to think he was faking an injury when both sides had diagnoses of his injury. The rest is just speculation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wouldn't be surprised if Magic has been tampering all along. The genesis of the NBA next Super-team, with a nod from Adam Silver, is taking shape as we speak. They are so desperate to revive that pathetic franchise.

I would forever lose respect for Pop and co. if they grant this got and his clown handlers their wish..
    -----------------------------------------

Perhaps they want to revive the Celtics vs Lakers rivalry, hmmmmm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just saying that's very stupid to think he was faking an injury when both sides had diagnoses of his injury. The rest is just speculation
    But it's also wrong to assume that Kawhi's doctors were right and the Spurs doctors were wrong especially when Kawhi's camp kept saying he was close to a return. Or that Kawhi is above listening to advice about sitting out the playoff stretch so he can demand a trade or avoid risking his big payday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking out Laker fans, they think Ingham, Kuzma and Deng is too much. They think just wait it out for a season a sign him for free.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minor injury made into a bigger deal than it was.... and quite possibly chronic. who knows? but the timing of "Kawhi is 100%" is just silly. Give me a break. His camp is not being forthright. What was the final diagnosis? What was the treatment/therapy? What is long term prognosis?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the injury and give me examples where it causes you to miss 73 games? How can “setbacks” occur? You being the bucket for this dude is laughable. I liked Kawhi and tried to give him benefit of the doubt but now it’s so obvious he played the Spurs..got called out (team meeting) couldn’t give an answer...took his ball and went home.

Report came out not even a week ago his rehab was progressing....and now 2 days later after mainstream media reported teams are skeptical of his health...he’s now 100%?

Whipe your mouth and get off your knees

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the injury and give me examples where it causes you to miss 73 games? How can “setbacks” occur? You being the bucket for this dude is laughable. I liked Kawhi and tried to give him benefit of the doubt but now it’s so obvious he played the Spurs..got called out (team meeting) couldn’t give an answer...took his ball and went home.

Report came out not even a week ago his rehab was progressing....and now 2 days later after mainstream media reported teams are skeptical of his health...he’s now 100%?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cry about it on your podcast that nobody listens to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While not ideal, the Spurs will survive without Kawhi. If they get enough of a haul, they will stay in contending range for the next two years and build for the future. If they have a few lottery years, they'll eventually find the next star and rebuild. The franchise isn't going anywhere.
    Agree on this. The Spurs were the Spurs before Kawhi and will be the Spurs after him.

They just went from making WCF with Kawhi to "contending range for two years" or "a few lottery years".

A team doesn't disappear when they lose their franchise player but can have higher expectations when they keep him... And those expectations mean more money for the team not just more success.

If Kawhi is traded, he automatically makes less money and he has to play a year and risk injury or if he doesn't play up to a high standard, he could also lose money.
    He will lose money one way or another since the Spurs won't supermax him so it doesn't matter where he plays for one more year.

Also, in 2014 he was forced to play one year risking injury because the Spurs didn't give him an extension, this is not an unknown process for him.

The Spurs could decide to keep him for a year and let him walk after the Lakers max LeBron and PG and have no money to throw at him. I think Kawhi has a lot more to lose in the long run, especially if the Spurs have no inclination to send him to the Lakers.
    People act here like the Lakers is the only place he could want to go...I can see him making better many teams on this league. F*ck the Lakers.

About the long run, teams like the Spurs don't have enough money to throw, it's likely they will keep building through the draft and that could take many, many years....Pop is leaving in 2010...Who knows.

And Kawhi is always one ACL tear away from being irrelevant to the NBA.
    Every player is one ACL to lose his career, not just Kawhi.

Again, unless the Spurs get one of those #1/#2 picks or LeBron joins SAS, both sides lost a lot this time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry about it on your podcast that nobody listens to
    The fact you know or assume I have a podcast is cool...

What are you known for? Playing circle jerk with your fake internet friends? Stop living on the internet and go chase some tail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for all the recent hoopla, however, i feel like we are really at where we were before the 'breaking news' of friday. that is, we really don't know how this is going to play out or whether or not leonard is a spur next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What are you known for? Playing circle jerk with your fake internet friends? Stop living on the internet and go chase some tail
    pathetic

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how tight Lebron and Murray are......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on this. The Spurs were the Spurs before Kawhi and will be the Spurs after him.

They just went from making WCF with Kawhi to "contending range for two years" or "a few lottery years".

A team doesn't disappear when they lose their franchise player but can have higher expectations when they keep him... And those expectations mean more money for the team not just more success.

He will lose money one way or another since the Spurs won't supermax him so it doesn't matter where he plays for one more year.

Also, in 2014 he was forced to play one year risking injury because the Spurs didn't give him an extension, this is not an unknown process for him.

People act here like the Lakers is the only place he could want to go...I can see him making better many teams on this league. F*ck the Lakers.

About the long run, teams like the Spurs don't have enough money to throw, it's likely they will keep building through the draft and that could take many, many years....Pop is leaving in 2010...Who knows.

Every player is one ACL to lose his career, not just Kawhi.

Again, unless the Spurs get one of those #1/#2 picks or LeBron joins SAS, both sides lost a lot this time.
    My point is Kawhi's route is much riskier. The Spurs will get some assets if they trade him. They have done great at reloading their team with crappy draft picks and salary cap implications. Give them some lottery picks and young players and they'll turn this team around. That's probably why they aren't in a hurry to offer Kawhi the supermax.

But Kawhi has a lot more risk. You have a five year guaranteed contract, then you don't have to worry if you tear your ACL next season. But if he tears an ACL or plays a notch below what he's been playing (esp with his injury history), he'll get an even lower payday. His people want him in LA. They think that means endorsement dollars. I think he'd be willing to play in SA with the super max, but his people want him in LA because they think that is the place where he can market himself. I don't see him having the same marketing appeal in Boston or Phili. I also don't see his people leaking anything about wanting to be anywhere but LA. And I don't know if they care if the LA team he plays for is any good. For them, it's all about location to get marketing dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way Phoenix is giving up the 1, 16 AND Jackson I can't even envision a scenario where they would think about that..

I guess maybe Sarver and their fans hate the Spurs enough that they desperately want the guy who took a on the Spurs' franchise
    Maybe it's a package deal with Kawhi and someone else from Spurs ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Kawhi and tried to give him benefit of the doubt but now it’s so obvious he played the Spurs..
    There were multiple reports from 2016-17 season talking about his "bruised quad", the reason why he just played 5 minutes in ASG...Two different diagnoses for non-injury?

Like he looked himself when he played those nine games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were multiple reports from 2016-17 season talking about his "bruised quad", the reason why he just played 5 minutes in ASG...Two different diagnoses for non-injury?

No matter how much you try to spin it the fact remains that a couple days ago they said he was 97% and should be ready by training camp and now all of a sudden he is a 100%...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter how much you try to spin it the fact remains that a couple days ago they said he was 97% and should be ready by training camp and now all of a sudden he is a 100%...
    You're an idiot. Believing some dude on Twitter. Now any random idiot is a legit source. Gtfo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is Kawhi's route is much riskier.
    My point is both sides lost big.

They have done great at reloading their team with crappy draft picks and salary cap implications. Give them some lottery picks and young players and they'll turn this team around.
    I'd love if they do it again. But without Tim, and Pop after 2020, I'm skeptical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minor injury made into a bigger deal than it was.... and quite possibly chronic. who knows? but the timing of "Kawhi is 100%" is just silly. Give me a break. His camp is not being forthright. What was the final diagnosis? What was the treatment/therapy? What is long term prognosis?
    Don't be naive. It's not just "his camp"

BOTH sides have to say it since BOTH sides -Spurs included- need to increase his trade-value when most teams aren't offering a because his health...

Do you want the Spurs trade him for random picks or just for first round picks? Well, teams want to know if he's 100% and they get an answer in the last hours.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 06-19-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bruh. What was the injury? Is the injury medically known to keep a player out 73 games? What causes the multiple setbacks? Quad bruise?

The fact we still don’t have answers and so many questions just shows someone getting played....

You don’t find it odd he’s now 100% immediately after mainstream reports Lakers are concerned...

Answers these questions and we can start a legit conversation of why we are where we are..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot. Believing some dude on Twitter. Now any random idiot is a legit source. Gtfo

Thread Information