Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah... see Argentina right now, and that still not considered hyperinflation (yet)
    Dang, did not realize things were like that in Argentina. That rough

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah... see Argentina right now, and that still not considered hyperinflation (yet)
    Hopefully Javier can turn that hole around if he can win over the dumbest electorate on the planet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, did not realize things were like that in Argentina. That rough
    Hopefully Javier can turn that hole around if he can win over the dumbest electorate on the planet.
    Everybody saves in US dollars over there anyways, despite tight capital controls. Thankful Old Joe saved the US economy from the disaster he inherited from the big loser, tbh

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Everybody saves in US dollars over there anyways, despite tight capital controls. Thankful Old Joe saved the US economy from the disaster he inherited from the big loser, tbh
    Yeah, we went from 2 dollars a gallon gas/Trump to 6 dollars a gallon gas/Squattin' Joe.

That Old squattin' in the White House sure showed us, El.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we went from 2 dollars a gallon gas/Trump to 6 dollars a gallon gas/Squattin' Joe.

That Old squattin' in the White House sure showed us, El.
    Some truths about gas prices:

Republicans like to blame gas prices on Biden. Oil/Gas are global commodities. The US is currently producing lots of oil, and in fact exports almost 5 million barrels a day to the rest of the world. The US President normally has zero effect on current gas prices. Biden raiding the strategic reserve before the 2022 elections was an aberration. Trump benefited from covid shutdowns temporarily lowering demand and consequently oil and gas prices.

Democrats like to point out that US Oil production "under Biden" is the highest it has ever been. This is a disingenuous claim since there is a multi year lag between permitting projects and those projects producing oil. The current oil production is a direct result of project permitting that predated Biden. Biden's massive reduction in permit approvals will result in US oil production dropping years from now.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Republicans like to blame gas prices on Biden. Oil/Gas are global commodities. The US is currently producing lots of oil, and in fact exports almost 5 million barrels a day to the rest of the world. The US President normally has zero effect on current gas prices. Biden raiding the strategic reserve before the 2022 elections was an aberration. Trump benefited from covid shutdowns temporarily lowering demand and consequently oil and gas prices.

Democrats like to point out that US Oil production "under Biden" is the highest it has ever been. This is a disingenuous claim since there is a multi year lag between permitting projects and those projects producing oil. The current oil production is a direct result of project permitting that predated Biden. Biden's massive reduction in permit approvals will result in US oil production dropping years from now.
    Horse .

2 dollars a gallon for Trump.
    6 dollars for a like Biden.

That's it & that's all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another truth about gas prices

Politicians take credit when they're low, they get the blame when they're high. Seems like a fair deal to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Makes sense.

What source(s) did you rely on for this post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are two kinds of Republicans rich guys and suckers.

The rich guys use their propaganda arms to tell the suckers that gas prices are the fault of the president.

Republicans lie all the time about everything these days. They have no ideas, so outrage is all that is left.

It is sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horse .

2 dollars a gallon for Trump.
    6 dollars for a like Biden.

That's it & that's all.
    https://www.creditdonkey.com/gas-price-history.html

LOL nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are two kinds of Republicans rich guys and suckers.

The rich guys use their propaganda arms to tell the suckers that gas prices are the fault of the president.

Republicans lie all the time about everything these days. They have no ideas, so outrage is all that is left.

It is sad.

You act like that's exclusive to Republicans.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another truth about gas prices

Politicians take credit when they're low, they get the blame when they're high. Seems like a fair deal to me.
    Its a deal but its not in any way factual.
    So it stinks. Bottom llne the real subject can never be truly addressed. That hurts everyone.
    Lying has become the first response for the red team under Trump. Thus Snaked unhinges his jaw and swallows it whole.
    Working through policy with information you know is WRONG is no way to run a country.
    Red team did the same thing with COVID. Still do.

Very important example. Immigration. Both parties will not take the bull by the horns. Same with health care. But the red team has absolutely no solution and does not want one it appears.
    You did not like Obamacare, fix it. We have a brand new plan. Nothing. just stomp on Obama care. Democrats did the same with the border and immigration in some ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the US natural gas industry has hit a very good living now that Russia shot itself in the face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US is currently producing lots of oil, and in fact exports almost 5 million barrels a day to the rest of the world.
    We're a net importer so that's a bit misleading. We export because we don't have the refining capacity for the type of oil we produce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're a net importer so that's a bit misleading. We export because we don't have the refining capacity for the type of oil we produce.
    Because refining is expensive and not very profitable so we export it.
    That could be changed. Easily. We already understand what exporting industry is all about. We are well acquainted with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did not like Obamacare, fix it.
    I didn't like Obamacare initially. However, it ultimately normalized concierge medicine which has been of great benefit to me. Turns out multi-tiered medicine is pretty cool, if you're in the right tier that is. So now I agree with Old Joe, let's just keep things the way they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't like Obamacare initially. However, it ultimately normalized concierge medicine which has been of great benefit to me. Turns out multi-tiered medicine is pretty cool, if you're in the right tier that is. So now I agree with Old Joe, let's just keep things the way they are.
    "Its all about me so its fine"
    Boomer

oh and Boomer USA USA USA means me, myself and I *Repeat*
    At least Snaked admits he is a selfish old fart and in no way a patriot.

Both parties admitted Obamacare was far from perfect. Your team Trump said it had a plan that was better and had NOTHING.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is mostly accurate but not entirely true. Oil/Gas is a cartel as well, and they leverage supply for political favor, which largely regulates the price of oil in the global market

Trump was openly cozy with the Saudis, and they have a large say on OPEC+ production numbers (as well as Russia, pre-Ukraine invasion). A well timed supply increase can have a overall positive political effect in the US and other countries.

This is correct, and one way the US has been trying to fight off OPEC political interference. Though it also largely predates the previous administration as well, and can be traced back to a set of events from the Arab Spring, which ballooned oil prices and made tech like fracking profitable at that time. Back then (from 2005 to 2015) our net oil imports dropped by 60%, and towards the end of that period, production hit a 44 year high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both parties admitted Obamacare was far from perfect. Your team Trump said it had a plan that was better and had NOTHING.
    Not true. McCain killed the chance for change out of pettiness. God sent him to for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. McCain killed the chance for change out of pettiness. God sent him to for it.
    McCain is an american hero. lmao, completely shat on Dennison and freezer Mitch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense.

What source(s) did you rely on for this post?
    I didn't use a "source". I thought it was pretty much common knowledge for reasonably literate people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You act like that's exclusive to Republicans.
    “Democrats leave out key pieces of the truth that would lead to a more nuanced argument.

Republicans lie their asses off.” — Chris Rock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't use a "source". I thought it was pretty much common knowledge for reasonably literate people.
    made sense to me.

you have a tendency to hide your sources, for some reason. your narrative is usually weaker, but I can accept you were freewheeling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ready for stagflation. All signs seem to point to a ty 2024.

Thread Information