Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Scola clears waivers then signs for the vet min with the Lakers, where would it rank on the biggest -you's to the Spurs FO list?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just dont c mavs adding scola as well but with cuban u never know .like dj mentioned bobcats need a pf and for cheap could happen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick question to those more knowledgeable about he CBA: Why is there a $3.4M/yr minimum bid on Scola's deal while Brand was had for $2.1M? I know that Brand had 1 yr remaining and Scola had 3, but how are the numbers figured?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Scola clears waivers then signs for the vet min with the Lakers, where would it rank on the biggest -you's to the Spurs FO list?

jax,da, mailman ?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scola would'n do that to his best friend ginobli and his compadre tiago

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick question to those more knowledgeable about he CBA: Why is there a $3.4M/yr minimum bid on Scola's deal while Brand was had for $2.1M? I know that Brand had 1 yr remaining and Scola had 3, but how are the numbers figured?
    Also from that link:

The minimum bid for a partial waiver claim is whichever of the following is larger:

The sum of the player's minimum salary for all remaining years of his contract, except for completely non-guaranteed seasons (seasons with 0% salary protection) which are ignored for this purpose.

The sum of all non-guaranteed salary in partially-guaranteed seasons.

Scola has three years remaining on his contract, with 11M due in the third year. Shamsports shows that third year as totally unguaranteed, in which case it can be ignored. There are reports now that the third year is 1M guaranteed, in which case the minimum bid would have to be 10M rather than 2 times the minimum salary. If true, it becomes much more likely that Scola clears waivers and will be able to choose his next team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also

As confirmed by cap guru Larry Coon, a player with a partially guarantee salary requires a minimum bid of the non-guaranteed amount. Scola is set to make $9.4 million and $10.2 million over the next two years. His final season is for $11.0 million with just $1 million guaranteed.

Therefore a minimum amnesty claim for Scola would start at the non-guarantee portion of exactly $10,041,037. That amount needs to be paid over three years, so the lowest claim would be $3,347,012.

Few teams have that kind of cap space which may open the door for Luis to clear waivers completely.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/amnesty-cl...la-prohibitive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of Dallas' recent moves are all one year deals, so I don't see them bidding on Scola and taking a chunk out of next year's cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minimum bid for Brand was vet minimum or about $1.3 million since he only has one year left on his contract.

Minimum bid for Scola is the non guaranteed part of his contract which is $10 million the last year of his deal. So the bid for him is the $10 million divided by the 3 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minimum bid for Brand was vet minimum or about $1.3 million since he only has one year left on his contract.

Minimum bid for Scola is the non guaranteed part of his contract which is $10 million the last year of his deal. So the bid for him is the $10 million divided by the 3 years.
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would a Howard trade cause Dallas to be more willing to bid on Scola if it means Howard will not be available next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brand's bid might be a good sight that cola won't be claimed. No teams were ready to get Brand for more than $2.1M/1 year which makes it unlikely that a team will be ready to get Scola with a $10M/3 years contract.

I'm not sure whether or not Scola clearing waivers would be a good news for Spurs. On the one hand, it will gives Spurs a shot at getting him. On the other hand, a team like Lakers will also have that shot to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brand's bid might be a good sight that cola won't be claimed. No teams were ready to get Brand for more than $2.1M/1 year which makes it unlikely that a team will be ready to get Scola with a $10M/3 years contract.

I'm not sure whether or not Scola clearing waivers would be a good news for Spurs. On the one hand, it will gives Spurs a shot at getting him. On the other hand, a team like Lakers will also have that shot to get him.

agreed teams arent looking for a 3 year rental even for 10mil when scola can just clear and become a fa.Now whether or not going to the spurs is a no brainer like some have said is another story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How long does it usually take to go through waivers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long does it usually take to go through waivers?
    Scola will clear waivers (or not) Sunday at 5 pm ET:
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=182

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now whether or not going to the spurs is a no brainer like some have said is another story
    The no-brainer part is Spurs going after him. After that, it will be in Scola hands and it will heavily depend on what are the true feelings Scola has towards Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if scola does not get claimed by Sunday, who is going to make the call? Pop? Manu? RC? Oberto? Tiago? El nono?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if scola does not get claimed by Sunday, who is going to make the call? Pop? Manu? RC? Oberto? Tiago? El nono?
    I could call if needed, tbh, IMOOOOOO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many roster spots are even open right now? If Scola is signed, by my count that puts the Spurs over 15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many roster spots are even open right now? If Scola is signed, by my count that puts the Spurs over 15.
    I only count 13...Did you count Denmon?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will make space.

Brand's bid for 1 year indicates that Scola should make it through the process. But teams do stupid things.

If Scola is the a compe or like other NBA Argentina players he won't sign with LA. He'll only play limited minutes with LA. With the Spurs he could conceivably win the starting spot and is guaranteed 24 minutes playing time per game.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who were the other bidders? Public info?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see Scola picking the lakers over the spurs. I think Scola would want to play with his close friends Manu and Tiago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might actually have to break out the praying dog for this . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bad feeling that he'll wind up with the Mavs.

Thread Information