Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    WTF? Dew point is currently 82. I don't think I have ever seen it that high here. It's literally more humid here than Calcutta right now.
    I was talking about Arizona, where the dew points stay in the 40s through most of summer except the occasional rain days in Aug-Sept.

Yeah I was outside taking out some garbage about an hour or two ago and it is absolutely disgusting out there. Literally felt like being a piece of meat in a stew. I bet it's more pleasant in South India or Bangladesh. Mumbai and Calcutta have it better... that's just a ridiculous thing to say. But it's true.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I was talking about Arizona, where the dew points stay in the 40s through most of summer except the occasional rain days in Aug-Sept.

Yeah I was outside taking out some garbage about an hour or two ago and it is absolutely disgusting out there. Literally felt like being a piece of meat in a stew. I bet it's more pleasant in South India or Bangladesh. Mumbai and Calcutta have it better... that's just a ridiculous thing to say. But it's true.
    Sorry the WTF was about how humid it is here right now. I didn't even know it was possible to see this area get that kind of humidity. I have occasionally seen it at 80 before but never any higher.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sorry the WTF was about how humid it is here right now. I didn't even know it was possible to see this area get that kind of humidity. I have occasionally seen it at 80 before but never any higher.
    The other thing I haven't seen before is so much anomalous hot water in the tropical Atlantic (and there's already a strong African wave forecasted to be a hurricane this coming week and we're about a month and a half before traditional Cape Verde hurricane season) despite the presence of a new El Nino. That is bizarre. It's definitely a strange year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The other thing I haven't seen before is so much anomalous hot water in the tropical Atlantic (and there's already a strong African wave forecasted to be a hurricane this coming week and we're about a month and a half before traditional Cape Verde hurricane season) despite the presence of a new El Nino. That is bizarre. It's definitely a strange year.
    Oh well not like any hurricane is penetrating this high pressure ridge we're stuck under. would probably tell a Katrina size storm to go off if it knocked on the door of south Texas.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Oh well not like any hurricane is penetrating this high pressure ridge we're stuck under. would probably tell a Katrina size storm to go off if it knocked on the door of south Texas.
    The one in August 2005 sure did, fwiw...

In September that year the Texas ridge moved a bit to the west from where it was in August, hence Rita tracking significantly further west than Katrina...

Though, I remember that September to have hotter highs than August for some reason.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Oh and we officially have Tropical Storm Bret and another likely tropical depression right behind it. African wave train tropical storm development in June is very unusual.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The one in August 2005 sure did, fwiw...

In September that year the Texas ridge moved a bit to the west from where it was in August, hence Rita tracking significantly further west than Katrina...

Though, I remember that September to have hotter highs than August for some reason.
    Out by Randolph it's completely clouded over with a pretty dark sky for 6:30 in June so got my hopes up, but the closest rain I see on radar is way out in Junction. Same happened yesterday but only Kerrville got rain. Clouds have dropped ourtemp to 95 though, which feels amazing as sick as that sounds.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Late day cloud cover is welcomed any time in the summer
    Rain or not

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Late day cloud cover is welcomed any time in the summer
    Rain or not
    Yeah dropped us to 95 which actually feels good outside right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    See
    You get used to it!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    See
    You get used to it!
    I wish.

I'm used to like 98 with a dewpoint about 60 being an average summer day. Not 101 with a dewpoint of 77 like the other day or 104 with a dewpoint of 70 like today.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I wish.

I'm used to like 98 with a dewpoint about 60 being an average summer day. Not 101 with a dewpoint of 77 like the other day or 104 with a dewpoint of 70 like today.
    My ideal summer day is like a high of 75 degrees and a dew point around 40. Low temperature in the 40s or 50s.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Get up in the high Rockies
    Martha’s Vineyard
    Something like that

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Get up in the high Rockies
    Martha’s Vineyard
    Something like that
    The Northeast is humid AF

The rockies, interior west states... correct.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    See
    You get used to it!
    Still don't hate the heat any less

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Bump.....

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Jeez.....

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    At least getting a couple free Slurpees today from 7-11 was nice. Glad they brought that back for the first time since 2019.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    JFC that forecast almost guarantees us at least spot #4 on the list of years with most 100+ degree days recorded in San Antonio. Texas is getting absolutely butt ed by global warming these last 15 years.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    JFC that forecast almost guarantees us at least spot #4 on the list of years with most 100+ degree days recorded in San Antonio. Texas is getting absolutely butt ed by global warming these last 15 years.
    IMO the solution is to either just do away with airconditioning or move north to the point where you don't need it so much and when it gets cold just put on blankets and jackets so you're plenty warm.

It's far easier for humanity to survive extreme cold than extreme heat, even if our robots might not agree per se

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    IMO the solution is to either just do away with airconditioning or move north to the point where you don't need it so much and when it gets cold just put on blankets and jackets so you're plenty warm.

It's far easier for humanity to survive extreme cold than extreme heat, even if our robots might not agree per se
    At least we're getting the Saharan dust too

This is such a show of a summer and no way we get the cool August we had last year again.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    At least we're getting the Saharan dust too

This is such a show of a summer and no way we get the cool August we had last year again.
    Saharan dust means less humidity and more upper level dry air across the tropical and subtropical Atlantic basic water and the Gulf which means at least we won't get an Ian or Harvey type of hurricane this year.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I didn't even know we had a cool august last year because I was in Michigan

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    https://www.wunderground.com/history...AT/date/2022-8

Eh, wasn't a cool August imo, just average, and looks like the late part of the month had some rain.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What year was it again that we didn't get any 100 degree days until like September? Was it covid year? Nah, I forgot... It was a wet year. Maybe 2021?

Let me see. Yes it appears that 2021 was the "below normal" summer. Only 1 100 degree day all year and that was September 6th.

In 2007 we didn't hit 100 all year and a lot of that was thanks to the tropical hurricane season that year. That was the year the aquifer set the all time record.

Thread Information