Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question with Lauri is timeline. He’s 26 and likely will be on the wrong side of 30 once Wemby is 24. Do you hold him as a bridge piece or see him as a long term one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question with Lauri is timeline. He’s 26 and likely will be on the wrong side of 30 once Wemby is 24. Do you hold him as a bridge piece or see him as a long term one?
    his game should age fine tbh, its not really timeline that bothers me, so much as whether we are in a position to push the chips in with a very incomplete roster

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not necessarily but maybe raptors would want 2, or want one in 26 instead of waiting till 28. either way, doesnt seem like sacto can offer anything that makes sense.
    Kings just pulled out of the Siakam deal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings just pulled out of the Siakam deal...
    if they werent including keegan murray in the deal they werent serious contenders for siakam anyway. my guess is toronto made that clear and sacto immediately backed off

i think gsw will make a play

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    What would yall feel about kicking tires on trading for Lauri to pair with Wemby? Let say it cost Graham + Branham + CHI first + TOR first + CHA pick + 2 2nds (something in that mold - dont get too caught up in every minor detail here)
    I'd do that all day long. Graham/Branham are obviously expendable, those protected 1sts arent super valuable and Lauri is better now than whatever pick we might get from TOR will likely ever be.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would yall feel about kicking tires on trading for Lauri to pair with Wemby? Let say it cost Graham + Branham + CHI first + TOR first + CHA pick + 2 2nds (something in that mold - dont get too caught up in every minor detail here)
    Even people who hate Lauri do that trade. Realistically though it probably costs
    2024 SA 1st/2026 SA 1st with ATL swap/ 2025 ATL 1st / 2025 SA pick swap / 2028 SA 1st and a non-Vassell young player +/- a couple second rounders unless Ainge has a backroom deal to tank for the next great white hope Cooper Flagg in 2025.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even people who hate Lauri do that trade. Realistically though it probably costs
    2024 SA 1st/2026 SA 1st with ATL swap/ 2025 ATL 1st / 2025 SA pick swap / 2028 SA 1st and a non-Vassell young player +/- a couple second rounders unless Ainge has a backroom deal to tank for the next great white hope Cooper Flagg in 2025.
    No way in I do that trade.

I’d do: a) one of Vassell or Keldon b) one of the two 2024 FRPs c) one of Branham or Wesley and d) any number of the SRP, and/or McDermott, Graham, and Cedi

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s pretty much a knucklehead, got that JR Smith gene, minus all the talent.
    Though the Spurs traded Brent Barry for JR Smith and had it killed by the league for being a minute or two late.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody would offer that much for Lauri.. We'd be competing with ourselves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody would offer that much for Lauri.. We'd be competing with ourselves.
    You're right, nobody is offering that much for Lauri. Spurs would be dumb as to do that trade. Which is why Lauri almost certainly isn't getting traded. Ainge doesn't trade with people unless he's fleecing you and he has no reason to trade Lauri. I'm just telling you what it would probably take to get him.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just watched this and imo it's a good breakdown of the Spurs present and future situation.

• The Spurs are tanking, e.g. not playing Jones/Wemby (or Jones/Vassell/Wemby) nearly as much as they would if they were trying to win
    • But they're taking a patient, long-term approach as opposed to the Mavs with Doncic
    • Not sure how much this guy watches the Spurs; he called Keldon a defensive-minded wing...
    • He lists Wiggins as a potential trade target, which is intriguing; his scenario has the Warriors trading him to the Spurs in a Siakam deal with the Spurs sending filler and draft assets to the Raptors (he assumes the Raptors won't want Wiggins who has been pretty bad this season)
    • Though imo the offseason is another time this could happen because the Warriors will be way into the tax if they re-sign Klay to a big deal and Wiggins might be expendable (his salary is 26M/28/30 for the next three years after this one)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in I do that trade.

I’d do: a) one of Vassell or Keldon b) one of the two 2024 FRPs c) one of Branham or Wesley and d) any number of the SRP, and/or McDermott, Graham, and Cedi
    Even this might be an overpay considering that Lauri isn’t a great fit with Wemby. I’d think another big in the RWIII/Hartenstein mold would be much better. You want a rebounder with good passing alongside Wemby. Lauri is a billionaire’s Zach Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, nobody is offering that much for Lauri. Spurs would be dumb as to do that trade. Which is why Lauri almost certainly isn't getting traded. Ainge doesn't trade with people unless he's fleecing you and he has no reason to trade Lauri. I'm just telling you what it would probably take to get him.
    Has Ainge really fleeced anybody since he's been in Utah? That's not a 'gotcha' question... I just don't remember anything there being that one sidand he's made trades..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Ainge really fleeced anybody since he's been in Utah? That's not a 'gotcha' question... I just don't remember anything there being that one sidand he's made trades..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even this might be an overpay considering that Lauri isn’t a great fit with Wemby. I’d think another big in the RWIII/Hartenstein mold would be much better. You want a rebounder with good passing alongside Wemby. Lauri is a billionaire’s Zach Collins.
    It looks like Lauri is a pretty good rebounder. Ranks #40 in the league with a 14.0% TRB%, and he is slightly better on the offensive side, ranking #38 (Victor ranks #12 in TRB% at 18.6%, for reference. #2 at DRB%, and #35 at ORB%). Lauri isn't Hartenstein good (he is top 20), but he'd be a big improvement over Sochan (#66) or Collins (#50)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The narrative around the Gobert trade was definitely that Ainge fleeced Minny (ESPN gave the Wolves a D and Utah an A for that trade) and he definitely got a haul for Dono, though the consensus seemed to favor Cleveland more in that deal, but especially given the way Lauri has played I'd say Utah won that deal too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more thing to add about Lauri in regard to rebounding... he is tied with Chet in TRB%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The narrative around the Gobert trade was definitely that Ainge fleeced Minny (ESPN gave the Wolves a D and Utah an A for that trade) and he definitely got a haul for Dono, though the consensus seemed to favor Cleveland more in that deal, but especially given the way Lauri has played I'd say Utah won that deal too.
    I don't think Minnesota would undo that trade if they had the opportunity...but that was probably the narrative at the time..

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance he is that cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just watched this and imo it's a good breakdown of the Spurs present and future situation.

• The Spurs are tanking, e.g. not playing Jones/Wemby (or Jones/Vassell/Wemby) nearly as much as they would if they were trying to win
    • But they're taking a patient, long-term approach as opposed to the Mavs with Doncic
    • Not sure how much this guy watches the Spurs; he called Keldon a defensive-minded wing...
    • He lists Wiggins as a potential trade target, which is intriguing; his scenario has the Warriors trading him to the Spurs in a Siakam deal with the Spurs sending filler and draft assets to the Raptors (he assumes the Raptors won't want Wiggins who has been pretty bad this season)
    • Though imo the offseason is another time this could happen because the Warriors will be way into the tax if they re-sign Klay to a big deal and Wiggins might be expendable (his salary is 26M/28/30 for the next three years after this one)
    His mock draft is terrible - had us taking Collier and Clingan while missing out on Rissacher, Matas, and Dillingham. Don’t think he’s all that smart.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Gobert trade looks better this season as the T wolves are doing well, but it remains to be seen how they do moving forward as they don't have a conceivable way of keeping the team together due to the luxury tax. The mitc trade certainly is looking better and better as mitc is getting ready to leave cleveland and mobley has not shown the growth that was expected of him, especially offensively so getting Lauri + 3 unprotecteds from a bad franchise is going to look really good moving forward. In both scenarios he at minimum got an excellent return for each guy. My point is ultimately Lauri is worth a lot more to Utah than he is to the Spurs so in order to try and trade for him the Spurs are going to have to overpay. Since the Spurs don't really want to do that and Danny has no reason to trade Lauri, it's not a deal that's worth exploring for either party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like Lauri is a pretty good rebounder. Ranks #40 in the league with a 14.0% TRB%, and he is slightly better on the offensive side, ranking #38 (Victor ranks #12 in TRB% at 18.6%, for reference. #2 at DRB%, and #35 at ORB%). Lauri isn't Hartenstein good (he is top 20), but he'd be a big improvement over Sochan (#66) or Collins (#50)
    Good stuff. The more I think about it, the more I like the potential for of Sarr with Wemby compared to someone like Lauri. Those two have the potential to be a modern day twin towers. Defense in abundance, but both could operate with space and not clog up the lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hunt down BrianWright myself if he did that deal. That’s more than BKN got for Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though the Spurs traded Brent Barry for JR Smith and had it killed by the league for being a minute or two late.
    The money was slightly off, and I remember hearing that the ATL GM at the time wouldn’t pick up RCs call to be a 3rd party, and the clock expired.

Thread Information