Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If this guy thinks that Democratic voter fraud is so rampant in his state, he should be going to the police and law enforcment. The sanc y of our democracy demands it.

He has not done so.

It is possible he knows about this massive fraud and thinks it is ok, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably no need for the guy to resign then, huh?
    Yet another strawman. Yer killin' 'em today.

Get off the stage.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Conditions 1 and 2 are the very basis of the conclusion. Indeed, they provide for no other conclusion. Condition 3 is the (not) qualifier. Also, there are absolutely to be no other conditions to consider, ergo, let's beg the question with our construct, conditions 1 & 2.

I, and I'm on record here, am unconvinced that there is a need for Voter ID. I don't think the case has been made for anything surpassing our current voter registration policies....ie register to vote, get your registration card, and get busy. I believe the subset of Republicans who are calling for this are grossly incorrect and deserve to have their motives examined.

It's a subset, RG. You never seem to make that determination. You construct a conclusion then apply it to all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "It's a subset, RG. You never seem to make that determination. You construct a conclusion then apply it to all."

It's boutonsy move that puts you in the r camp.

There, that's my equally ridiculous construct.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Republicans Narrow Florida Voter Registration Gap In The Wake Of Uncons utional Law

In 2011, an uncons utional Florida law took effect forcing voter registration groups to comply with onerous new restrictions or face fines. As a result, new Democratic voter registrations ground to a halt — slowing to just over 5 percent of the rate of new Democratic registrations in the last two presidential election cycles.

Although a federal court eventually struck down the uncons utional restrictions on voter registration, the law succeeded in boosting the GOP’s prospects for the upcoming election during the months that it was in effect. During the 2008 election, there were 657,775 more registered Democrats in Florida than Republicans. A study conducted last August found that the Democratic advantage shrunk to 445,794 registered voters in the wake of the uncons utional restrictions on registration, and it has now only recovered to an advantage of 535,987 registered voters.

So, in the wake of an uncons utional law intended to make it harder to register voters, Republicans closed their voter registration gap by over 120,000 voters — even though the courts eventually struck down this uncons utional law. As it turns out, even when voter suppression laws are eventually struck down, they can still work significant mischief in the interim.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...itutional-law/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conditions 1 and 2 are the very basis of the conclusion. Indeed, they provide for no other conclusion. Condition 3 is the (not) qualifier. Also, there are absolutely to be no other conditions to consider, ergo, let's beg the question with our construct, conditions 1 & 2.

I, and I'm on record here, am unconvinced that there is a need for Voter ID. I don't think the case has been made for anything surpassing our current voter registration policies....ie register to vote, get your registration card, and get busy. I believe the subset of Republicans who are calling for this are grossly incorrect and deserve to have their motives examined.

It's a subset, RG. You never seem to make that determination. You construct a conclusion then apply it to all.
    Almost there.

I do make that determination, i.e. between senior GOP politicians and the rank and file. If you scroll back, you will see I generally apply some qualifiers to denote this. "officials" "leaders"

I will readily admit to using the occasional shorthand. My language has not been as precise as it could be. Mea culpa.

I chose to believe that a large number of Republicans would, if given the information required to make a determination conclude their leaders were full of on this issue. The same people who probably know better have the least motivation not to provide decent information. I must admit though, Darrin is not helping the case for the rank and file. He has, one would assume, been given adquate information here.

I do generally assume that most GOP rank and file aren't as dishonest as he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Republicans Narrow Florida Voter Registration Gap In The Wake Of Uncons utional Law

In 2011, an uncons utional Florida law took effect forcing voter registration groups to comply with onerous new restrictions or face fines. As a result, new Democratic voter registrations ground to a halt — slowing to just over 5 percent of the rate of new Democratic registrations in the last two presidential election cycles.

Although a federal court eventually struck down the uncons utional restrictions on voter registration, the law succeeded in boosting the GOP’s prospects for the upcoming election during the months that it was in effect. During the 2008 election, there were 657,775 more registered Democrats in Florida than Republicans. A study conducted last August found that the Democratic advantage shrunk to 445,794 registered voters in the wake of the uncons utional restrictions on registration, and it has now only recovered to an advantage of 535,987 registered voters.

So, in the wake of an uncons utional law intended to make it harder to register voters, Republicans closed their voter registration gap by over 120,000 voters — even though the courts eventually struck down this uncons utional law. As it turns out, even when voter suppression laws are eventually struck down, they can still work significant mischief in the interim.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...itutional-law/
    Correlation is not cause. One has to eliminate and/or consider a host of other variables to establish that the dip would happen.

Given though, that it did happen, and one has previous studies that predicted the effects, it would certainly seem worth looking into, and further study to determine the cause.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Almost there.

I do make that determination, i.e. between senior GOP politicians and the rank and file. If you scroll back, you will see I generally apply some qualifiers to denote this. "officials" "leaders"

I will readily admit to using the occasional shorthand. My language has not been as precise as it could be. Mea culpa.

I chose to believe that a large number of Republicans would, if given the information required to make a determination conclude their leaders were full of on this issue. The same people who probably know better have the least motivation not to provide decent information. I must admit though, Darrin is not helping the case for the rank and file. He has, one would assume, been given adquate information here.

I do generally assume that most GOP rank and file aren't as dishonest as he is.
    Darrin/WC is the conservatives' worst enemy. The lazy thinker/:fwd:fwd:fwd/confirmation blog/idiocracy IRL just makes me smh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ..and you should listen to me because I've been noted by Agloco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..and you should listen to me because I've been noted by Agloco.
    I am depending on you to keep me from full on slide into Bouton-style rants. I obviously need a good -slap now and then, as much as it stings, it is better than becoming a liberal Darrin/Yonivore. (shudders)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I wouldn't worry bout that, dude. Just a nudge now and again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am depending on you to keep me from full on slide into Bouton-style rants. I obviously need a good -slap now and then, as much as it stings, it is better than becoming a liberal Darrin/Yonivore. (shudders)
    That's what i love about Teysha, he is more than happy to give the pimphand when needed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's what i love about Teysha, he is more than happy to give the pimphand when needed.
    I wouldn't know what to do with a pimphand if I even knew what that was.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But I suspect that was a nice thing to say. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pimp Hand

Your ability to control your pimpin business. A pimp hand can be strong or weak. Keep your pimp hand strong.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Word!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PA Repugs still LYING

Pennsylvania Radio Station Runs Misleading Voter ID Ad

“The Voter ID law was just recently signed by the governor,” an unidentified woman in the ad says:
    NARRATOR: When you need to vote–

WOMAN: The voter ID law was just recently signed by the governor.

NARRATOR: You need to know –

WOMAN: You’re not going to be allowed to vote unless you present an acceptable photo identification. Get to a PennDOT licensing center and get a photo ID at the drivers’ license center.

NARRATOR: It’s your right, it’s your duty, it’s your choice –

WOMAN: And you will need an acceptable ID in order for you to vote.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...ania-voter-id/

The media will take anybody's money and spew their lies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING: Three Bush-Appointed Judges Give Thumbs Up To Voter Disenfranchisement In Ohio

Late last week, a federal district court ordered Ohio to stop disenfranchising voters who are directed to vote at the wrong polling place due to poll worker error.

Earlier today, a severely conservative panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit stayed this order, ruling that Ohio may disenfranchise these voters — even when their error is due to false instructions from a poll worker — because they believed allowing these votes to be counted would “absolve[] voters of all responsibility for voting in the correct precinct.”

The panel included Judges Julia Smith Gibbons and Deborah Cook, both George W. Bush appointees, and Judge Lee Rosenthal, a George H.W. Bush appointee.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...hio/?mobile=nc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH Repugs intending to steal OH by any and every means possible

Last-Minute Ohio Directive Could Trash Legal Votes And Swing The Election

The directive, issued Friday, lays out the requirements for submitting a provisional ballot. The directive includes a form which puts the burden on the voter to correctly record the form of ID provided to election officials. Husted also instructed election officials that if the form is not filled out correctly by a voter, the ballot should not be counted.

this is “contrary to a court decision on provisional ballots a week ago and contrary to statements made by attorneys for Husted at an Oct. 24 court hearing.”
    Indeed, it also appears directly contrary to Ohio law. From the lawsuit:

Ohio Rev. Code § 3505.181(B)(6) provides that, once a voter casting a provisional ballot proffers identification, “the appropriate local election official shall record the type of identification provided, the social security number information, the fact that the affirmation was executed, or the fact that the individual declined to execute such an affirmation and include that information with the transmission of the ballot . . . .” (Emphasis added.)

The law “ensures that any questions regarding a voter’s identification are resolved on the spot or, consistent with due process, the voter is informed that he or she needs to provide additional information to the board of elections. This protects the integrity of the voting process, and provides a reasonable opportunity to resolve deficiencies.”

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...-the-election/

s bag assholes

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You lib s get pissed by the smallest things, don't you?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lib s get pissed by the smallest things, don't you?
    You're OK with disenfranchisement.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Tell me, do you know when a provisional ballot used?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

And it doesn't change your being OK with disenfranchisement.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yes.

And it doesn't change your being OK with disenfranchisement.
    If disenfranchisement means making sure the process is correct, then yes.

If that is your definition, then yes.

Thread Information