Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said a word about people "not saying nice things" about Allen. That's completely made up by you.
    " Please respect him because it means a lot to me "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Please respect him because it means a lot to me "
    Again, you're just making things up. But nice use of the cute emoticons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody knows OKC is the only real threat to a Spurs repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that because you don't think OKC is a threat or because you think they're not the only threat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely take "King" Beli for the playoffs. Allen has declined in each of the past 3 seasons. His Net Rtg dropped from +12,to +5 and then +2. Belinelli does the same things essentially and he can score inside the paint off of cuts and pull ups and the occasional drive. I think he is a better player at the moment and a better fit.
    You're a lunatic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no stat to prove how incredible the spurs would make ray allen look. Allens previous stats only show how pathetic the heat were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Ray Allen does not end up in Memphis, Dallas or Houston. He would be a very potent situational playoff choice on the Spurs. He runs constantly and would be the ultimate decoy. His presence and reputation would make it troubling for teams to defend in pressure situations.
    I doubt he will end up in SA though, players rarely do. Just hope he goes east and doesn't haunt us again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that because you don't think OKC is a threat or because you think they're not the only threat?
    I didn't think OKC was a threat when they were healthy at the beginning of the year. Now that they are injured, it will be hard for them to make the playoffs. I mentioned in an earlier post/thread that the biggest outside threat to the Spurs repeating are the Memphis Grizzlies. Even thought they lack athleticism, they are a very smart and savvy team, disciplined enough to advance far in the playoffs.

They will eventually cool off in the standings but I expect them to be there at the end. They may need one more piece though. Ray Allen perhaps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen would be there to play garbage time and act as insurance during the annual Parker and Ginobili injuries. Ayres and Daye really shouldn't be in the NBA so the Spurs lose nothing by freeing up the roster spot. It's not like the Spurs absolutely needs to replace Daye with a tall guy. Any NBA caliber player will do. Bonner will be back soon anyways and Daye will probably be buried down at the bench next to Anderson.

I mean Allen isn't a great option but at this point, Spurs have absolutely nothing to lose by waiving Daye and signing Allen. If the Spurs need another roster spot later, Ayres is still on the chopping block.
    Ayers and Daye aren't rotation players on a championship contender, but there are certainly players in the same talent level as they are on worse teams. Daye's value is as a potential stretch 4 with an (limited ability) to driving off close outs. He hasn't worked out so far and probably never will. Ayers could be combined in a trade given his expiring contract and trade value of $2.7 million.

Of the two Daye is the most likely to be waived but Its hard to see it being for Allen, though it could make Belinelli more expendable in a trade.

Th Spurs are stacked at guard with Parker, Joseph, Mills, Green, Ginobili & Belinelli all 6 are average to above average players in the league based on P.E.R. Allen hasn't been that for the past 3 seasons in the regular or postseason. When all of are guards are healthy, we have 6 rotation worthy players at both guards spots.

Allen wouldn't be worth it as an insurance policy. I'd rather have AK47 because the Spurs don't really have a true backup SF. They can use someone like him that can provide solid defense in spot minutes with Leonard in foul trouble or resting for 12-15 off the bench in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hope the Grizzlies don't pick him up. All they are missing is an outside spot up shooter. With all the attention in the paint he would get a ton of open looks from the outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hope the Grizzlies don't pick him up. All they are missing is an outside spot up shooter. With all the attention in the paint he would get a ton of open looks from the outside.
    And their defense tasks a massive noise dive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this seriously implying we have a standing offer ... . do not want

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And their defense tasks a massive noise dive.
    ironically terrible spelling by "thewriter"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got a Championship squad. We don't need a malcontent chucker who isn't what he used to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA WANTS RAY ALLEN TO COMMAND AREA 51

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is just out there for the of it. Only team he'd really fit on is Chicago; no one else can really make up for his defensive deficiencies...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter/Baynes
    Duncan/Diaw
    Leonard/Green
    Green/Allen
    Parker/Mills

Now THAT'S a playoff rotation!

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    San Antonio is just out there for the of it.Only team he'd really fit on is Chicago; no one else can really make up for his defensive deficiencies...
    He can make a pair of free throws to end games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that ring chasing m'fer. Just retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agent leverage talk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't he been "choosing" between those teams for the past 5 months?

At this point he does nothing for the Spurs. They already have his only marketable skill (3pt shooting) at his position, and with players who can defend better (yes, even Marco is better than Allen at this point). Given his deficiencies on D, any team that relies heavily on him as a rotation player is offering their opponent a weakness to exploit given his athletic decline. I'm sure he can still hit his 3s and FTs at a decent clip but that isn't what the Spurs need at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say less than 10% chance that turd actually ends up here. Likely Chi or Cle, tbh.

Thread Information