Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought the Spurs would trade Parker but if they resign Simmons, draft a PG, and resign Patty, then I think they actually might move Parker's contract. This move definitely makes that more possible.

I don't hate this signing. Mills has definite value, despite what people about, and there are no veteran guards you're signing for cheap. People just don't understand that players are getting paid. In a day when stars get 40 million dollar contracts you're going to see role players get this type of deal.

Anyone know if the last year would be an option year?
    Only way we're getting rid of Parker is if we waive and stretch him

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Patty. He's terrific with kids and gets involved in the community. He's a true diplomat imo and a great teammate. Here's to 4 more years of that.
    I'm surprised.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think I'm hating on him, I've come to be very high on him after watching every thing there is out there. I even have a hunch that he's a better shooter than Mills is right now. And playmaker. And defender. I became even higher on him when reflecting on his one year of major compe ion compared to how Simmons was also a late bloomer with only one year of major compe ion. Thinking of his skill development even at his age made me much more excited for White.

But if the Spurs do match on Simmons, and Manu or Hanga signs, ...

Where's the room on the floor?

Green-Manu-Simmons at the 2, Kawhi and Anderson at the 3, Murray and Mills at the 1 ...

It's over. No time other than spot garbage. And that's without Parker.
    Agree. Going with White/ vet min PG at back up PG would have been the best route imo.

Preserve optimal cap space moving forward & expedite the growth of Murray/ White -- both having higher ceiling than Patty.

With the recent Mills play, they may as well trade White for future 18' 1st tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warms the heart to see a stellar playoff showing rewarded with a container ship full of cash.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember sitting in the AT&T Center on June, 15 2014. It mattered.
    That's going to be 4 years ago next season, buddy. Hate to break it to ya talking about breaking... Pity Mills stopped being good once his shoulder went out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warms the heart to see a stellar playoff showing rewarded with a container ship full of cash.
    You should join the Spurs. Maybe you'll shoot half as good as Patty at 10% and make 25 million dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pity Mills in the WCF (30.2MPG):
    7.8ppg, 2.3rpg, 3.3apg, 1.5TO, 24.3FG%, 21.7 3P%

$50,000,000
    RC "Product of Duncan & Presti" Buford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pity Mills in the WCF (30.2MPG):
    7.8ppg, 2.3rpg, 3.3apg, 1.5TO, 24.3FG%, 21.7 3P%

$50,000,000
    RC "Product of Duncan & Presti" Buford
    Imagine where he'd be if we didn't luck out with Hill for Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the dumb thing about people excusing the deal as 'role player money for a role player' or equivalent argument

It's not just 'role player' money.

He's now the highest paid backup point guard in the NBA by yearly average.

The only one close is Lin who was actually signed to be a starter and was last year but is now probably the back up to DeAngelo Russell. But who knows, maybe he does start? And at least he can run a pick and roll.

This is now one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

They even gifted a fourth year like the dumb Mozgov and Noah deals that were also struck at midnight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the offseason goes south, the Spurs can always play 5-out alignments and let Kawhi do his thing every trip.
    So we turn into LeBron/Westbrook/Harden teams with just one star and a bunch of shooters. One star who will be tired by game 50 of the season. And possibly struggle to win 50 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we turn into LeBron/Westbrook/Harden teams with just one star and a bunch of shooters. One star who will be tired by game 50 of the season. And possibly struggle to win 50 games
    Especially now with OKC and Houston guaranteed to win more games against us.

At least Kawhi will get his MVP since he'll clearly be carrying the team again?

That's something, I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Spurs spent a 1st round pick on a player that will be a defensive liability in a time where defense should be valued incredibly high, all because they are moving him to SG.

Then they double down, by giving 50 million to the one guy who cant play vs the Warriors, the one guy who cant defend anyone when it matters....OVER Simmons.... who was the difference maker when it mattered because of his versatility on defense.

If Simmons walks Spurs will be worse, even with a Murray leap. Perimeter defense is essential..and theyd be declining in that department if Simmons walks.

Should of drafted Bell & gave Simmons this money...what defense?
    If they let Simmons walk, who was a big time defender, for Mills and his trash ...

Then screw this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron has Kyrie, Harden has Paul, Westbrook has George.... Kawhi has Patty ing Mills

His ankle might never be the same with load PATFO are making him carry smdh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they let Simmons walk, who was a big time defender, for Mills and his trash ...

Then screw this team.
    Culture ..tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine a Bell Kawhi Simmons DG Murray lineup..moving forward.

Or , a Bell KA Kawhi Green Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah don't even the need the rest of free agency play out to know it's gonna be another mediocre season.

buh buh WCF appearance

Gonna be another season of Kawhi doing everything, maybe squeaking out almost 60 wins, WCF ceiling. Same as last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron has Kyrie, Harden has Paul, Westbrook has George.... Kawhi has Patty ing Mills

His ankle might never be the same with load PATFO are making him carry smdh
    Watch Kawhi, in a game where everyone else is struggling because they can't create their own shot, goes down with some knee injury because he had to play huge minutes carrying the team all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah don't even the need the rest of free agency play out to know it's gonna be another mediocre season.

buh buh WCF appearance

Gonna be another season of Kawhi doing everything, maybe squeaking out almost 60 wins, WCF ceiling. Same as last year
    Spurs aren't making the WCF. Might not even get out of the first round with all the changes out West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't making the WCF. Might not even get out of the first round with all the changes out West.
    True. This year's roster is on pace to be worse than last season. With Kawhi and Murray being the only players that grow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Kawhi, in a game where everyone else is struggling because they can't create their own shot, goes down with some knee injury because he had to play huge minutes carrying the team all year.
    This is the sad part. I don't blame Kawhi for leaving when his contract is up because the Spurs couldn't get him help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch a Spurs vs. Grizz circa 2011 first round type collapse against some team like the ing T'Wolves happen because we only have one star out there while everyone else is a year older choking games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a crime against basketball.

, Dellavedova only got 4/38 and at least can kind of play defense.

Everyone who thinks this deal isn't so bad or no big deal, you are in for a rude Awakening

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs betting on culture is really just betting on complacency. The same that stunted and delayed their growth after 2007 ( from 07-2011). Ill never forget the 07-08-09 offseasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs betting on culture is really just betting on complacency. The same that stunted and delayed their growth after 2007 ( from 07-2011). Ill never forget the 07-08-09 offseasons
    Mills is the new Bonner with his loyalty contract, lack of D, and disappearing act against good teams. Hey, at least he has corporate knowledge and is a good dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch a Spurs vs. Grizz circa 2011 first round type collapse against some team like the ing T'Wolves happen because we only have one star out there while everyone else is a year older choking games.
    Towns, Butler, Wiggins all average more than 22ppg and they just got Jeff Teague

Their GM was literally on our staff 2 seasons ago as Buford's assistant. Spurs ed up BIG time.

Thread Information