Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you've been comparing other countries to the US.
    Since the beggining I've talked about countries having less mass-shooting incidents since aplying stricter gun regulations. So, I was obviously comparing those countries to themselves before and after stricter gun regulations. And then I suggested that it's somehting the US should consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having to go to the post count? hahaha That is practically waving the white flag. Pathetic.

Oh my bad, I forgot you were French for a second.
    you're a funny dude, you came at me with the I think I hit a nerve Fact is I put your face in your pee... I'm the one who hit a nerve here... look at you crawling again, you never spent time on this board neither took time to post anything but here you are answering at everything I post.

any other french surrender comeback or you had enough ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blabla As to being a "red neck." Well, it's true , blabla
    see ? it was not that hard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police officers should have guns. Armed police officers aren't the same as armed civilians. No matter how crazy of a gun fanatic chances are that civilians either freeze or get overtaken by the situation during a terrorist attack of such magnitude and end up causing even more harm.

And yeah, I agree that if a crazy wants to do damage he will find a way to do it. But it's about making it harder for him, to cause the least damage possible and to prevent the lesser crazy s from doing it all-toghether. For example: if a school kid has a psychotic outburst for a moment, if he has a gun in hand he will do damage, if not he won't or at least will do less damage.
    This kid could have killed just as many people strapping a bomb and detonating it in the cafeteria during lunch hour. Only difference is that he would die, something he was unwilling to do unlike the other mass murdering shooters. I wish their was a gun control measure that would ensure safety. I’ve got kids and this type of thing scares me. But there are no reforms pushed that would’ve stopped this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone remember how effective prohibition of alcohol and war on drugs were in America?
    Do you remember how effective murder laws were with reducing murder? lets repeal any efforts to curb murder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean why lock your doors if burglars are still going to break in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the beggining I've talked about countries having less mass-shooting incidents since aplying stricter gun regulations. So, I was obviously comparing those countries to themselves before and after stricter gun regulations. And then I suggested that it's somehting the US should consider.
    Just accept that there are not apples to apples comparisons for gun control between the US and the rest of the world. This problem is unique to our country and it will take a unique solution.

It would be like comparing the US economy to Argentina. Sure there are some small similarities, but the factors that make up each economy is so distinct, that say Argentina’s attempt to peg peso was disastrous for Argentina. And I’m not bagging on Argentina, I’m just saying we are looking at apples and oranges in a lot of ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid could have killed just as many people strapping a bomb and detonating it in the cafeteria during lunch hour. Only difference is that he would die, something he was unwilling to do unlike the other mass murdering shooters. I wish their was a gun control measure that would ensure safety. I’ve got kids and this type of thing scares me. But there are no reforms pushed that would’ve stopped this.
    why do you think we have many more mass shootings than mass bombings in the US? or mass truck attacks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean why lock your doors if burglars are still going to break in
    True locking your doors is a false sense of security, but gun control is not that simple and this mass shooting problem can’t be cured by banning AR 15s. If you ban them, they will still be accessible just like any drug is accessible on the black market. And telling the banning the psycho kid from school (he was banned) worked about as well as it would’ve worked to ban him from having guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True locking your doors is a false sense of security, but gun control is not that simple and this mass shooting problem can’t be cured by banning AR 15s. If you ban them, they will still be accessible just like any drug is accessible on the black market. And telling the banning the psycho kid from school (he was banned) worked about as well as it would’ve worked to ban him from having guns.
    which is easier to pull off:

walk on a patch of grass that says "dont walk on the grass" or to acquire an illegal weapon. in your experience/estimation?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

Take away the guns.

The solution is clear.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do you think we have many more mass shootings than mass bombings in the US? or mass truck attacks?
    I don’t know. It’s not so simple. I don’t think terrorists have a hard time getting guns to Europe. I’m sure the ease of access to the US has some basis for mass killings by guns, but running over people with cars is a new thing. I don’t doubt that they day may come that some crazy person drives a car on campus as school gets out and runs over people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know.
    i dont believe you, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which is easier to pull off:

walk on a patch of grass that says "dont walk on the grass" or to acquire an illegal weapon. in your experience/estimation?
    I know I can get any kind of illegal drug I want any time I want if I’m willing to pay for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I can get any kind of illegal drug I want any time I want if I’m willing to pay for it.
    non-answer noted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont believe you, tbh
    Do you doubt that a high school kid couldn’t jump a curb and start running over people as easy as he could get a gun?

I don’t own and have never owned a gun, but I’ve yet to hear a realistic gun reform that would stop these mass shootings. And honest people advocating for gun control should acknowledge the same thing. Claiming that passing a law banning AR 15s will stop gun violence or even slow it down is far from certain. And doing something to do something is bad reasoning for public policy.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

Take away the guns.

The solution is clear.
    "Mass" shootings are peanuts to the potential consequences of a banning on guns.

Volunteering to be put in the vulnerable position the Jews were forced into strategically.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is an exact answer. Everything you want, including guns, are available in this country if you look and have the money. I don't think you are naive. I think you know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because bombs are so easy to get. That's why we often hear about these average joes bombing people left and right.

But yeah, I suppose he could have done that. You know what else he could have done? Just grab a knife or even better forget about the idea alltogether and let the psychotic rage pass.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you doubt that a high school kid couldn’t jump a curb and start running over people as easy as he could get a gun?

I don’t own and have never owned a gun, but I’ve yet to hear a realistic gun reform that would stop these mass shootings. And honest people advocating for gun control should acknowledge the same thing. Claiming that passing a law banning AR 15s will stop gun violence or even slow it down is far from certain. And doing something to do something is bad reasoning for public policy.
    Jump a curb? You mean just drive through them when they enter the parking lot in mass after school or after a sporting event?

I also do not own any guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take away the guns.

The solution is clear.
    The does that have to do with anything? Desperate level of reaching, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because bombs are so easy to get. That's why we often hear about these average joes bombing people left and right.

But yeah, I suppose he could have done that. You know what else he could have done? Just grab a knife or even better forget about the idea alltogether and let the psychotic rage pass.
    We had teenagers that put together homemade bombs and detonated them at the Boston Marathon to great affect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lot of things this guy could have done. Unlike most of these mass murderers, he was caught alive so we can at least get some answers of what would drive this aggression. My guess is, as with most of the mass killings in the US, he’s got some significant psychological problems.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The does that have to do with anything? Desperate level of reaching, tbh.
    No wonder the solution is so clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information