Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep it would suck because i would have players that play...
    Like who?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not kl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not going to care at all about it. "Value" refers to the objective or consensus worth of the assets. I don't think it matters to them at all whether they maximize their potential there. It's going to be all about the players they get and what they want to do with them, and that may come in the form of guys like Tatum, or it may come from draft picks. They have to get the best they can as judged in 2021 or 2022, not in 2018.
    I’m not saying he would be traded for players. Probably some combination. But if you wait too long to trade him, teams will opt not to give up valuable assets, whatever they are, because they can just sign him as a free agent. He would optimally have been traded before going into his last year if he made it clear he wanted out.

But I don’t by it. The Super Max is something that if he passes he’ll never recover. At 32, he can take a pay cut to play where he wants, but I can’t see him turning down The super max just to play in LA bc he’s from there. I’d bet he dreamed more about making millions than just playing for the Lakers. The Spurs have always put a compe ive team on the floor. The Lakers haven’t since Kupcheck who really enjoyed Jerry West’s fruits. Jerry West isn’t with the Lakers. There’s no guarantee that Lakers won’t screw up their cap space...they just screwed up the draft (Ball isn’t Jason Kidd).

I think Kawhi resigns for the Super Max if the Spurs are confident he will be healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the non answer. Smh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the non answer. Smh
    Spurs trade kl.for...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I mean like sure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been telling you guys since day 1: Grant Hill 2.0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been telling you guys since day 1: Grant Hill 2.0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade kl.for...
    No one apparently. I asked you who you would want and you couldn't answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I find kind of disturbing is the timing of Lamarcus's extension in all this. I mean I would have thought it would have been a wait and see approach even after Aldridge and Pop had that big talk. We heard nothing and then there was this extension for Aldridge out of nowhere. It makes me think could this have some correlation with the Kawhi issues. I mean be it a "he wants out" or "he is damaged goods" issue. Hopefully there is no correlation, but I found it odd none the less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I find kind of disturbing is the timing of Lamarcus's extension in all this. I mean I would have thought it would have been a wait and see approach even after Aldridge and Pop had that big talk. We heard nothing and then there was this extension for Aldridge out of nowhere. It makes me think could this have some correlation with the Kawhi issues. I mean be it a "he wants out" or "he is damaged goods" issue. Hopefully there is no correlation, but I found it odd none the less.
    I've mentioned that timing too, especially in relation to the initial rumors that Kawhi wanted out. However, the timing wasn't just talk, then, extension mysteriously. It was talk, then camp, then LMA tearing it up in the pre-season, then it was extension. I'm having a hard time understanding this retroactive regret for LMA's deal. He looked like he earned it then, and it's only gotten better now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've mentioned that timing too, especially in relation to the initial rumors that Kawhi wanted out. However, the timing wasn't just talk, then, extension mysteriously. It was talk, then camp, then LMA tearing it up in the pre-season, then it was extension. I'm having a hard time understanding this retroactive regret for LMA's deal. He looked like he earned it then, and it's only gotten better now.
    I don't understand the negativity around the Aldridge deal either. That contract is a bargain on today's market and even if things blow up with Kawhi, Aldridge's contract is very tradeable. There really is no downside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How common is it for a player to miss a whole season for an injury where there was no surgery?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    How common is it for a player to miss a whole season for an injury where there was no surgery?
    A very reliable source has told me that Rudy Gay's step mom wants him to move to LA. Take it with a grain of salt but my source also said that his bursitis is gone and doctors have cleared him for play weeks ago. Again, please don't shoot the messenger. This what I've been told and my sources have never steered me wrong before. Something is clearly going on behind the scenes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With absolutely no updates, diagnosis or prognosis? I would say it has never happened

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole situation reeks of cover up. Kawhi has been forced to be another Timmy and I believe he doesn’t care much about being “under the radar” or to continue like Timmy..... and I can see family telling him to go get his.

unfortunately this league has become about self promotion and everyone is out to get theirs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was told this today from a pretty reliable source.
    I'm sure your source t's not a close source to Kawhi because his best friends -in fact one of them works for the Spurs and everyone knows who is- say otherwise.

I would say it's very stupid to bring the LA connection..."Oh he's from Riverside so he wants to play in SA" like some guys are doing in this thread. You're so wrong.

There are multiple reasons why Kawhi doesn't want to play in LA.

Some are basketball related but others are personal and private related to the "same family" people here want to believe he wants to stay close.

If someone says Kawhi wants to play in LA for his family I because it's pretty obvious that guy doesn't know Kawhi and his family's history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure your source t's not a close source to Kawhi because his best friends -in fact one of them works for the Spurs and everyone knows who is- say otherwise.

I would say it's very stupid to bring the LA connection..."Oh he's from Riverside so he wants to play in SA" like some guys are doing in this thread. You're so wrong.

There are multiple reasons why Kawhi doesn't want to play in LA. Some are basketball related but the most reasons are personal and private related to the same family people here want to believe he wants to stay close.

If someone says Kawhi wants to play in LA for his family I because it's pretty obvious that guy doesn't know Kawhi and his family's history.
    Quick question: Do you honestly think I give a care about what you think?

Nothing you say is going to change the words out of the my sources mouth. You're right, my source isn't close to Kawhi, but he's close to the Spurs. I heard what I heard and I trust my source. There's a chance Kawhi can still be a Spur after all this is said and done, just like it was for LA -- doesn't change anything that has gone on this year and that's going on right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and his family are from Riverside (which is 35-40 miles from LA).
    But you really know that Kawhi is from Moreno Valley, right. And trust me everyone hates LA in MurdaV...I guess your "source" ignores a lot of things about how these things works in SoCal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you really know that Kawhi is from Moreno Valley, right. And trust me everyone hates LA in MurdaV...I guess your "source" ignores a lot of things about how these things works in SoCal.
    My source said Kawhi's Uncle has been in Kawhis' ear all year about going to LA for his next contract and it looks like Kawhi has been buying into it as the season has gone on (and Spurs are pretty pissed about how Robertson is running things for Kawhi). I mentioned Riverside (County) because that's where he's from -- Moreno Valley is inside Riverside County.

Anything else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole situation reeks of cover up. Kawhi has been forced to be another Timmy and I believe he doesn’t care much about being “under the radar” or to continue like Timmy..... and I can see family telling him to go get his.

unfortunately this league has become about self promotion and everyone is out to get theirs
    I agree with this but my opinion is a little different.

Timmy was one of the most unselfish players of all time. Asking others to be like him is unfair (not saying you are).

But more importantly, Timmy still "got his". He was the undisputed best player on his team and everything ran through him for years. His coach was pulling his giving games away / resting players shenanigans like he does now. By the time Parker and Manu were at their peaks, Tim had already been the man for so long. As unselfish as he was, he was ready to let them carry more of the load.

Kawhi is a super late bloomer. He has only had one season as "the man". He has a coach that sits everyone just because theyre down by 8 with 10 min to go in the 4th. He constantly yanks him when he's finding a groove in game. He sits players for nationally televised games that MVP candidates like to use to make their case, then pulls all of the above on those games as well.

Kawhi wants to be "the man" but his coach wants him to be year like Tim Duncan was in his 12th year.

Just my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant hill & penny both played through injury in the playoffs instead of sitting out which ruined their careers.

We are taking the opposite approach with kawhi ... it's fustrating as fans but his health is no.1 priority and i'm for shutting him down.

Thread Information