Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defrozen almost cost us the game. Forbes actually thought his defense caused the turnover lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have had the 2-for-1, and DDR pulled another stupid move. Spurs got lucky two nights in a row.
    Every team in the NBA knows DDR is going to get the ball and go iso in crunch time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fault. It's easy to forget Keldon is even on the team.

It's amazing that Keldon got real minutes in a real game and the franchise didn't crumble. The way Pop has avoided him, I was so sure it would.
    Yeah, me too!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dechoke per usual

I was just about to comment that he was playing solid in the closing minutes, and he goes full re . You get the ball with a 1 point lead and 42 seconds, you HAVE to get the 2-for-1 so you don't leave them a chance to win the game with a 2-point shot. ing DDR holds onto it and then doesn't even get a good shot. He's a moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That dunk by Murray after the game had ended was a symbol of being freed from Pop. With Pop in the building, he would never do that because of Pop's "moral high ground" being against like that. But all of a sudden he feels free to do a windmill dunk at the end of a game.

Spurs fan from Hong Kong team-work's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to Coach Timmy for 1st W! Saving the franchise as always. Couldn't doing anything flashy given the cir stances, roster etc., but winning the game methodically is very pleasing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That dunk by Murray after the game had ended was a symbol of being freed from Pop. With Pop in the building, he would never do that because of Pop's "moral high ground" being against like that. But all of a sudden he feels free to do a windmill dunk at the end of a game.
    That other dunk he did when he was heating up would have most likely gotten him benched by Pop for most of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victory!! Coach Tim is undefeated!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still didn't like Forbes closing the game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so pleased with Keldon getting 15 minutes of real game time. Never would have happened with Pop.

Lonnie really had a pretty decent game, except for the fact that he can't finish around the rim. If he can start converting inside 3 feet (and not clanking dunks) his numbers will look a LOT better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^what did you expect him to say? " Pop, this is my team now"?

These guys are friends in real life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still didn't like Forbes closing the game...
    Tim actually did a pretty good tight-rope walk tonight. The absence of LMA, Poodle and Marco gave him some leeway that he exploited, most obviously by playing Keldon over 15 minutes in Marco's stead. But he didn't make wholesale changes that would discombobulate the midgets, or piss off the Old Asshole. Yet his game management/rotations were appreciably different. Plus the players, no doubt, felt a lot more freedom. At first I was a little surprised that he had Bryn out there at crunch time, but then I realized that he probably couldn't bench the midget without suffering some repercussions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim actually did a pretty good tight-rope walk tonight. The absence of LMA, Poodle and Marco gave him some leeway that he exploited, most obviously by playing Keldon over 15 minutes in Marco's stead. But he didn't make wholesale changes that would discombobulate the midgets, or piss off the Old Asshole. Yet his game management/rotations were appreciably different. Plus the players, no doubt, felt a lot more freedom. At first I was a little surprised that he had Bryn out there at crunch time, but then I realized that he probably couldn't bench the midget without suffering some repercussions.
    Flopovich had him on speed dial

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim gives a better interview than Pop, that's for sure.

Mainly because he doesn't talk down to reporters like they're pieces of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich had him on speed dial
    Not exactly what I was suggesting, but good point!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ric Renner throwing shade (probably inadvertently) on Pop, saying that Tim's post-gamer was the longest one in over a decade!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon looked good. Solid presence, active yet inexperienced on D, hustle all around and some big boy points. He's a much better finisher at the rim than most of our players, I'm glad we got to see him tonight under Tim since he'll go back to the Austin doghouse until next season. Lonnie was good... Needs to work a lot on his finishing but the tools are really there. Rudy Gay is good as done and the latest awful contract by PATFO, we'll probably need to shed a second or first round pick to get rid of it.

I also don't like this "coach by committee" bull . You need a clear hierarchy and since Timmy was clearly the main coach tonight, it just comes out looking like a sad excuse to not hurt Becky's feelings until Pop finally retires and Timmy is handed the reigns. Hopefully Pop misses another game soon and this changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon looked good. Solid presence, active yet inexperienced on D, hustle all around and some big boy points. He's a much better finisher at the rim than most of our players, I'm glad we got to see him tonight under Tim since he'll go back to the Austin doghouse until next season. Lonnie was good... Needs to work a lot on his finishing but the tools are really there. Rudy Gay is good as done and the latest awful contract by PATFO, we'll probably need to shed a second or first round pick to get rid of it.

I also don't like this "coach by committee" bull . You need a clear hierarchy and since Timmy was clearly the main coach tonight, it just comes out looking like a sad excuse to not hurt Becky's feelings until Pop finally retires and Timmy is handed the reigns. Hopefully Pop misses another game soon and this changes.
    We don't use picks to move bad contracts. We just keep paying them to go away.

I'm not sure Tim wants the reins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How come Metu isn't with the team now that our bigs are hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't use picks to move bad contracts. We just keep paying them to go away.

I'm not sure Tim wants the reins.

There were reports that Tim was active in personnel decisions while he was playing. I think he would have a lot of stroke if he became the head coach. More to the point, I don't think he would take the job if they didn't agree to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. I see what you did there. I don't want to judge too much from one candid photo, but that look sure as looks like Becky can't believe whatever it is Tim is doing. But camera angles being what they are, she could just as easily be looking up at the scoreboard or something. Or maybe she's checking out that one unicorn dred on Tim's head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I see what you did there. I don't want to judge too much from one candid photo, but that look sure as looks like Becky can't believe whatever it is Tim is doing. But camera angles being what they are, she could just as easily be looking up at the scoreboard or something. Or maybe she's checking out that one unicorn dred on Tim's head.
    Clearly looking behind Tim on the side, probably shot clock or fouls.

Thread Information