Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup that would get him packing. I don’t watch as much Sun’s basketball, but why would not Monty get him the ball? And with Monty’s good refutation, one has to think it’s something wrong with DA. Was it match-up issue or laziness on the part of DA?
    Robert was cheap did not want to pay him max trying to keep his numbers down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert was cheap did not want to pay him max trying to keep his numbers down
    If he’s not enough touches and even bench him on a game 7, then he must have a reason not to give Ayton the max

But again that’s the Suns, and we’re the Spurs who’s trying to get back. And I believe Ayton is worth the risk.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy pass on a guy with a Semanic motor. Monty Williams is a Spurs guy and he couldn't play for him. I'd rather trade Poetl to Charlotte for their package and use the picks to get Duren or Mark Williams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton was the wrong pick at #1 in his draft... I can't see any reason anyone would want to pay him the max (even the rookie max) now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me. There are a couple potential Aytons in this draft alone.
    Doubt it. If you redrafted 2018 only guys who's get taken ahead of him are Doncic and Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i doubt any big fa is coming to sa this season anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Collins for Deandre Ayton. Who says no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Atlanta

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s all you ATL!

They also have that Gallo partial expiring which should entice PHX. They’ll probably also get them to eat dead money like Saric. Something like:

PHX: Collins + Gallo + future pick
    ATL: Ayton + Shatmat + Saric
    Last edited by CGD; 06-13-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Obviously the Suns would have to get Capela back in a Ayton sign and trade to the Hawks scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A suns/hawks trade is such a lateral move for both teams Imo lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Obviously the Suns would have to get Capela back in a Ayton sign and trade to the Hawks scenario.
    I don’t know, I thought the whole point was that Sarver didn’t want to ADD to the balance sheet. Suppose they could do a deal around Capella (who is expiring btw), but Suns would obviously need more.

Also, I thought they had their center of the future with none other than Gold medalist Javale Magee??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, I thought the whole point was that Sarver didn’t want to ADD to the balance sheet. Suppose they could do a deal around Capella (who is expiring btw), but Suns would obviously need more.

Also, I thought they had their center of the future with none other than Gold medalist Javale Magee??
    Uh, Collins is more expensive than Capela. Sure, they'd need more, but he'd have to be the centerpiece.

Not sure if serious, but if so, McGee is a 34 year old backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rap...225931208.html

5 teams mentioned spurs one of them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, Collins is more expensive than Capela. Sure, they'd need more, but he'd have to be the centerpiece.

Not sure if serious, but if so, McGee is a 34 year old backup.
    Absolutely kidding about Magee.

My point is theyd have to expand the deal so that Suns can realize some of the cost savings they want. So if they're not getting that partially guaranteed Gallo deal (but instead Collins AND Capella), they probably want the receiving team to eat Saric and/or Shatmat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely kidding about Magee.

My point is theyd have to expand the deal so that Suns can realize some of the cost savings they want. So if they're not getting that partially guaranteed Gallo deal (but instead Collins AND Capella), they probably want the receiving team to eat Saric and/or Shatmat.
    Fair enough, but if it comes to fruition, the Suns won't be getting Collins with Capela.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A suns/hawks trade is such a lateral move for both teams Imo lol
    If the corpse of CP0 could still play, he’d do wonders with Collins as lob receiver. CP0 and Griffin 2.0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ yeah, i think the most recent rumor about Gorbert is such a better fit for ATL anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s assume the spurs want Ayton as their main FA target. Is there a CBA rule that prevents them from extending a max offer while they try to negotiate a sign and trade with Suns?

Idea would be to put pressure on the Suns to deal or match?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton complained about touches playing with CP3 who actually passes the ball, imagine him with Young.

Ayton: I was wide open for a dunk, why did you take a 38 foot 3pointer instead of passing me the ball?
    Young: I thought you were getting in position for the offensive rebound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...yton-cap-space

Suns looking to clear cap to pay Ayton. @exststic called this big time although in this article not sure how they can clear cap and grab #8 from NO without using Bridges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of speculation there, but its just as well. ^ Maybe trading Bridges is it, bc they figure with the 8th pick they can select a suitable replacement. There are a few defensive wings that could be had.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...yton-cap-space

Suns looking to clear cap to pay Ayton. @exststic called this big time although in this article not sure how they can clear cap and grab #8 from NO without using Bridges.
    Hmm. My understanding is that they don’t NEED to open up capspace to sign Ayton since they possess the mechanism to go over the cap to extend him regardless. I read this more to mean the Suns dont want to pay Cameron next year are are looking to sell high now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm. My understanding is that they don’t NEED to open up capspace to sign Ayton since they possess the mechanism to go over the cap to extend him regardless. I read this more to mean the Suns dont want to pay Cameron next year are are looking to sell high now.
    Yeah they can easily pay Ayton without clearing cap space. What I was getting at is Sarver looks to be penny pinching again, thinking they can move a few ty contracts to both save money and get #8 in the mix which is laughable.

Thread Information