Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Padres win, 9-5!!!! The Brewers made as many errors as runs to very likely end their season. All the Cubbies need now is to take two games in the final series and it's over!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    winning out or losing out?

of all people, cubs fans should know about counting their chickens before they were hatched.
    That could have been a very different series, had it been in Wrigley. The Marlins' stadium is notoriously difficult for right-handed hitters. We were banging line drives off the power alley to left all series long, but only getting doubles instead of homers.

Add -several- horrendous officiating calls, and it's easy to see why the Cubs struggle against Florida. Humorous though, that the Marlins can only find their mojo against one team in all of baseball. If they played like that all season, they'd be in the playoffs again, but no, they only play well against one team.

Just a bad series for the Cubs. Every team has them.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i'm gonna pass on buying excuses against the worst team in the NL with an expanded minor league roster.

but yes, it was just a bad series for the cubs - which is why they are going to finish as an 85 win team in a bad division.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    cubs fans are so funny...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i'm gonna pass on buying excuses against the worst team in the NL with an expanded minor league roster.

but yes, it was just a bad series for the cubs - which is why they are going to finish as an 85 win team in a bad division.
    It's not an excuse. They outplayed us. It happens. It's baseball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God.

If only Carpenter had pitched all year.....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could care less if the Cubs are an 85 win team in a bad division - because that still spells playoffs. One could beg the question also - is the central bad, or just really balanced? The postseason success speaks for itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad. their regular season record against other divisions over the past 2 years speaks for itself. a hot streak by St. Louis over the last month of last season does not change the quality of play in the division overall.

The NL Central is 59 games under .500 against the rest of baseball this year. 65 games under .500 against the rest of baseball in 2006. No other division in baseball is remotely close to either of those numbers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad. their regular season record against other divisions over the past 2 years speaks for itself. a hot streak by St. Louis over the last month of last season does not change the quality of play in the division overall.

The NL Central is 59 games under .500 against the rest of baseball this year. 65 games under .500 against the rest of baseball in 2006. No other division in baseball is remotely close to either of those numbers.
    And yet, all those numbers still mean nothing, the Cubs will still be playing baseball next month, and will have as good a chance as anyone else in baseball to make a run (possibly with the most rest, if the 5-way tie horror scenarios play out). Congratulations to the NL West, arguably the toughest division. You know how much that means on Monday (or whenever the tiebreakers are over)? Absolutely jack .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, if the scrubbies get 84/85 wins, then win the WS, they can become the 2nd worst team to ever win a WS. Second fiddle to the Cards, again.
    You are aware, that just before the final out that would give the Cubs that World Series championship, Jesus will return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, yeah, but the scrubbies have still yet to break the Cards win total of last year with 3 games left. Lucky for them they are ending @ a team with a longer losing streak than them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, all those numbers still mean nothing, the Cubs will still be playing baseball next month, and will have as good a chance as anyone else in baseball to make a run (possibly with the most rest, if the 5-way tie horror scenarios play out). Congratulations to the NL West, arguably the toughest division. You know how much that means on Monday (or whenever the tiebreakers are over)? Absolutely jack .
    Definitely possible.

But you were the one that tried to suggest that the division was just 'balanced' which clearly hasn't been the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THREE MORE OUTS!!!!!!

Top 9, San Diego 6 Milwaukee 3!!!

GO CUBS GO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NL Central Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cubbies!!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CUBS CLINCH!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2007 N.L. Central CHAMPIONS!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congrats to the Cubs on finally winning this week.

Thread Information