Page 905 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 405805855895901902903904905906907908909915955100514051905 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,625 of 52497
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the election wasnt decided by social media. "hacking the election" would have been altering votes on electronic machines or messing with voter IDs. There is some evidence of that, and that is obviously a very serious attack. Id love it if they proved that, or anything else that would get trump out, but at the same time whatever they could find to use against him will always be covered in conspiracy theories.

propaganda, fake news, has always existed. its just that technology has made it easier and better.

its not russia's fault that people believe that . Its the lack of education and critical thinking and a good press, and the people responsible for that are the same candidates and billionaires, and its in their interest to keep it that way because they rely on those tactics to keep their positions.

(no pgardn, having had a good press at one point or a slightly better press than other countries doesnt mean you have a good press now)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EXCLUSIVE: Not A Single Lawyer Known To Work For Mueller Is A Republican

* None of the 16 lawyers known to work for special counsel Robert Mueller are registered Republicans
    * There are 13 registered Democrats on the investigation and three lawyers with no party affiliation
    * Campaign finance records reveal that 11 lawyers are Democratic donors
    * None of the 16 publicly-confirmed lawyers on special counsel Robert Mueller’s team are registered Republicans, The Daily Caller News Foundation has found.

Voter registration records indicate that 13 of the attorneys are Democrats and three have no party affiliation. This is the first time the political affiliation of all 16 lawyers has been reported.

One of the lawyers, Zainab Ahmad, appears to have registered as a Republican at the age of 18, but has since changed her registration status to unaffiliated.

There is a 17th lawyer on the Russia probe, but this person’s iden y and political affiliation remain unknown.

The special counsel’s office has previously disclosed that nine of the 16 lawyers have made a total of $62,000 in donations to Democrats, with one of those nine lawyers having also donated $2,750 to Republican candidates.

However, that analysis only looked at donations found in Federal Elections Commission records. TheDCNF has uncovered two additional Democratic donors by searching for all donations – regardless of party – recorded in campaign finance databases at the state level.

Adam Jed, an appellate lawyer for the Justice Department, made two donations in 2017 – $1,000 to a Democratic candidate for Wisconsin attorney general and $100 to a Democratic candidate for Baltimore state’s attorney. Another DOJ lawyer, Aaron Zelinsky, donated $100 in 2014 to the Branford Democratic Town Committee in Connecticut and $100 to a Democratic state lawmaker in 2016.

That makes 11 lawyers on the Mueller team who have donated to Democratic campaigns.

Nearly $12,000 in total contributions were found in state databases, all of which were donated to Democrats.

Mueller, a registered Republican, is not included in these figures, but the former FBI director has donated to Republicans both statewide and nationally.

As his team has grown, details about the lawyers hired by Mueller have fueled accusations of political bias on the probe investigating whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Andrew Weissmann, an early member of the probe, attended former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s election-night party in New York City. In January, he sent an email to then-acting Attorney General Sally Yates, praising her for refusing to enforce President Donald Trump’s travel ban.

“I am so proud and in awe. Thank you so much. All my deepest respects,” he wrote.

Mueller removed FBI agent Peter Strzok last summer after Strzok sent a colleague dozens of anti-Trump text messages.

TheDCNF more recently uncovered that Zelinsky had written overtly partisan articles for the liberal news outlet HuffPost.

The special counsel’s office declined to comment for this article beyond emphasizing that DOJ guidelines prohibit Mueller from considering political affiliation when making hiring decisions.

And defenders of the investigation point out that Andrew Goldstein, who donated thousands to the Obama campaigns in 2008 and 2012, prosecuted a powerful Democrat – former New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver – on corruption charges in 2015.

“Lawyers of course have political opinions, but they routinely leave partisan attachments aside when prosecuting cases,” wrote the Bloomberg editorial board in January.

Yet the growing list of Democratic donors have led some to wonder whether any of the lawyers on Mueller’s team are Republicans.

“I wish there was just one person who came out on his staff who gave to Republicans, one person on his staff that we found out was a conservative writer,” Ari Fleischer, former press secretary to President George W. Bush, said on Fox News. “I mean – it just seems like the deck is stacked.”

James Quarles, a former assistant prosecutor on the Watergate investigation, did make two donations to Republicans, including a $2,500 contribution to Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz; however, Quarles has also donated nearly $38,000 to Democratic campaigns.

No other lawyers working for Mueller are known to have contributed to Republican campaigns.

Jeannie Rhee, a former partner at the law firm WilmerHale, maxxed out her contributions to Clinton’s presidential campaign in 2015 and 2016 and donated thousands to the Obama campaigns in 2008 and 2011.

State campaign finance records reveal that Rhee also donated to local Democrats in states like Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Ohio and Virginia.

Records show that Weissmann, the former head of the DOJ criminal fraud unit, was also a frequent Democratic donor in New York, including a $1,000 contribution he made to Andrew Cuomo’s bid to become attorney general in 2006.

Only two registered Democrats did not make political contributions.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/21/ex...ueller-lawyer/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I made no claim at all and posted it for discussion. After reading the article do you think Steele was the only author of the dossier yes or no?
    I don't think it merits discussion if you make no claim after posting it tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1) fake quote

Fake news to boot.

Some peathetic you got going there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How sick is this? Seth Rich "hacks" the DNC with a memory stick and leaks crucial information about Hillary rigging the primaries. Seth Rich gets murdered. Hillary buys a dossier that launches an investigation into Trump and Russians. Kim Dotcom (Trump's "400 lb. genius") willing to testify under oath about Seth Rich and is being ignored by Mueller. God willing, the IG report will shed some light on this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How sick is this? Seth Rich "hacks" the DNC with a memory stick and leaks crucial information about Hillary rigging the primaries. Seth Rich gets murdered. Hillary buys a dossier that launches an investigation into Trump and Russians. Kim Dotcom (Trump's "400 lb. genius") willing to testify under oath about Seth Rich and is being ignored by Mueller. God willing, the IG report will shed some light on this.
    lol you're pinning your hopes on a fat guy named Kim Dotcom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tick tock

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    700 pages of owning repug .

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are all these repug booms by the way. I might have missed some.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Repug boom is an urban legend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Plenty of indictments and convictions from the Republican-appointed Republican Mueller. You should be proud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of indictments and convictions from the Republican-appointed Republican Mueller. You should be proud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the liberal booms?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

So the Republican-appointed Republican is a secret Democrat?

What are you trying to say here, Chris?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the liberal booms?
    Lot of guilty charges and indictments. Did you miss them all?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Charged by Republicans too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Charged by Republicans too.
    Chris says that if Mueller hired more Republicans they would ignore all the laws that were broken.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL, yeah, "booms". "Boom" would be proving liberal talking points. We got two indictments and 13 Russian trolls that wont go anywhere. Nunes memos aren't booms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Horowitz. Inspector general report is coming soon which might be what Sessions is waiting on. If Trump fires Sessions, as indicated by a perceived rift through a Trump tweet, then he may face backlash from the Senate. After all Sessions gave up a seat to take on the job as AG. This won't stop Trump though if that is the case.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, yeah, "booms". "Boom" would be proving liberal talking points. We got two indictments and 13 Russian trolls that wont go anywhere. Nunes memos aren't booms.
    More than that got.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    More than that got.
    Not surprising he doesn't know the count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Sullivan time you heard it here first

In Unexpected Twist, Judge In Flynn Case Asks Mueller For "Exculpatory Evidence"

The federal judge assigned to the criminal case against Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has ordered Special Counsel Robert Mueller to turn over any "exculpatory evidence" to Flynn's defense team.

Oddly, however, Flynn's legal team did not make this request. Instead, Judge Emmet G. Sullivan issued the order "sua sponte," or at his discretion, invoking the "Brady Rule" - which requires prosecutors to turn over previously unfiled evidence that might have a material impact on a defendant's case. Interestingly, two days before the order Mueller filed a motion for an agreed-upon protective order regarding the use of evidence in the case, including "sensitive materials," provided to Flynn's lawyers by the office of the Special Counsel.

The federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn has ordered special counsel Robert Mueller’s team to turn over any “exculpatory evidence” to his defense team.

The development generated immediate attention in conservative circles, with some seizing on the order as a potential indication that Flynn’s guilty plea had been called into question.

Judge Emmet G. Sullivan filed the order on Friday, directing federal prosecutors to produce to Flynn’s legal team “any evidence in its possession that is favorable to defendant and material either to defendant’s guilt or punishment” in a timely manner.

Sullivan’s order invoked the “Brady Rule,” which requires prosecutors to disclose exculpatory evidence in their possession to the defense — that is, evidence that could prove favorable to the defendant in negating his guilt, reducing his potential sentence or bolstering the credibility of a witness.

Judge Andrew Napolitano, a frequent presence on Fox News who has been hailed by President Trump, was among the voices keenly interested in Sullivan’s decision.

“The judge on his own, not in response to any application from General Flynn’s lawyers says, ‘By the way, I want all exculpatory evidence, evidence that could help Flynn or hurt the government turned over to Flynn’s lawyers,'” Napolitano said on Fox News Tuesday.

“Why would he we want that after General Flynn has already pleaded guilty? That is unheard of. He must suspect a defect in the guilty plea. Meaning, he must have reason to believe that General Flynn pleaded guilty for some reason other than guilt.”

Other legal experts cautioned that it would be premature to make such a conclusion based on the court order alone.

They pointed to Sullivan’s past work overseeing the trial of former Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), in which the judge faulted prosecutors for misconduct in failing to turn over exculpatory evidence.

Still, experts acknowledged that such an order would typically be seen as unusual, especially in cases in which the defendant has already pleaded guilty.

“It’s not unexpected coming from him,” said Jack Sharman, a lawyer at Lightfoot, Franklin & White and former Whitewater special counsel. “I think it would probably be an over-read to make a conclusion about the defect in the plea just based on this order.”

Sullivan issued the order “sua sponte”—or at his own volition, unprovoked by Flynn’s defense team. He filed a nearly identical order in mid-December, after taking over the case.

There are no details in the filing that are specific to the case.

“It’s just a way to have in the record a judge’s reminder to the prosecutors about their Brady obligations,” said Randall Eliason, a George Washington University law professor and former U.S. attorney. “It’s just a generic, boilerplate [order] you could file in any case.”

Mueller two days prior had filed a motion for an agreed-upon protective order governing the use of material, including “sensitive materials,” in the case provided from the special counsel’s office to Flynn’s lawyers.

In early December, Flynn pleaded guilty to one count of lying to FBI agents about his contacts with then-Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the transition. He has since been cooperating with Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference as part of the plea agreement.

Flynn was forced to resign as national security adviser last February after media reports based on leaks of U.S. surveillance revealed that he had lied to Vice President Mike Pence about his conversations with Kislyak by saying the two did not discuss sanctions on Russia.

Sullivan took over the case from Judge Rudolph Contreras, who recused himself a week after Flynn’s guilty plea was revealed.

Mueller has sought to delay a decision on Flynn’s sentencing hearing until May.

Flynn’s guilty plea is among a number of significant bombs s in Mueller’s ongoing probe, which has also produced money laundering-related charges against former Trump campaign officials. On Friday, Mueller indicted 13 Russians and three Russian en ies on charges of orchestrating an elaborate campaign to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

Flynn’s guilty plea was significant, however, because he is the first and only Trump administration official to be ensnared in the investigation thus far.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...nd-of-scrutiny

Thread Information