Page 94 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 5245
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negative Boo. It is only settled in your closed mind. Clearly GHG now and always has existed and many times in the past has exceeded current levels. Where the problem comes is when you start claiming out of control AGW from GHG.
    Arguing AGW with you right-wingnuts is as useless as arguing biological evoution with Mouse and the Bible humpers. ing deluded, duped losers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fuzzyboo lite

Keeping an open mind on AGW is not a denial.

The facts to date simply don't support the global AGW apocalypse as claimed by its AGW religious acolytes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fuzzyboo lite

Keeping an open mind on AGW is not a denial.

The facts to date simply don't support the global AGW apocalypse as claimed by its AGW religious acolytes.
    Have fun beating up those strawmen. You are decidedly ignorant to the discussion. While I won't say you should read this thread i would recommend at the very least read the reports that BEST put out regarding the temperature record. It speaks better to your "IT HASN'T WARMED IN 10! YEARS DARRINDERP #NOAPCOALYPSE." It is not as if that take hasn't been discussed ad nauseam.

I also do not think on this subject as you do. It is not a function of belief as to the physical properties of CO2. Uncertainty in where it falls in the range is not a function of belief.

While you are waving your hands at worst case scenarios that did not come to pass, I will point to the flood insurance rates and state overseen actuarial data that quantify the damages warming oceans are causing Americans. Have fun with your sophistry, Heartland.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have fun beating up those strawmen. You are decidedly ignorant to the discussion. While I won't say you should read this thread i would recommend at the very least read the reports that BEST put out regarding the temperature record. It speaks better to your "IT HASN'T WARMED IN 10! YEARS DARRINDERP #NOAPCOALYPSE." It is not as if that take hasn't been discussed ad nauseam.

I also do not think on this subject as you do. It is not a function of belief as to the physical properties of CO2. Uncertainty in where it falls in the range is not a function of belief.

While you are waving your hands at worst case scenarios that did not come to pass, I will point to the flood insurance rates and state overseen actuarial data that quantify the damages warming oceans are causing Americans. Have fun with your sophistry, Heartland.
    Smug little prick.

I am not ignorant just because I don't swallow your AGW religion hook line and sinker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would have been more compelling had CC not linked him with Heartland first. I invite you to go to their website and look up their board of directors. It's a who's who of industrialists, bankers, real estate firms (re: mineral rights), and their lobbyists.

That first paper starts with him saying the IPCC will not say that AGW is certain and pointing out there is no definitive proof. He then goes on to try and baffle us with bull regarding a few select celestial cycles and claim that it could be natural. The BEST report I did took all the known climate signals we know with a necessary degree of certainty such as the wobble of the earth, solar cycles as well as ecological cycles like ENSO and permuted them into one signal. They determined that we should be getting colder but we are not.

I started the second paper but stopped after reading the initial Bacon quote:

"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties."

His report to congress was complaining that the IPCC wasn't certain. He is a man without principle. That is clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smug little prick.

I am not ignorant just because I don't swallow your AGW religion hook line and sinker.
    I asked you to read the BEST report and see for yourself. Your probably too stupid to follow the material is what your problem is.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah, I usually look for original content in bouton's links....but there generally isn't anything other than moonbat editorials. I applied the same to the heartland link to find the actual content. It is what it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . It is what it is.
    ... which is bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and calling me smug, blustering blowhard. How about you try and bet me again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I usually look for original content in bouton's links....but there generally isn't anything other than moonbat editorials. I applied the same to the heartland link to find the actual content. It is what it is.
    I always do. He bolds and otherwise doctors posts too. Then when the link is to marxist newspapers. . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always do. He bolds and otherwise doctors posts too. Then when the link is to marxist newspapers. . .
    you assholes are blatantly butt hurt. Down on your knees and take it like little es

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you assholes are blatantly butt hurt. Down on your knees and take it like little es
    Nah it's more along the lines of dismissive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and calling me smug, blustering blowhard. How about you try and bet me again?

You and boo and your delusions of grandeur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You and boo and your delusions of grandeur.
    I'm clearly megalomaniacal.

They have a memo out addressing the issue we were discussing.

http://static.berkeleyearth.org/memo...-the-pause.pdf

Global surface temperatures have warmed more slowly over the past decade than previously expected. The media has seized this warming pause in recent weeks, and the UK’s Met Office released a three-part series of white papers looking at the causes and implications. While there is still no definitive cause identified, some researchers point to a combination of more heat going into the deep oceans and downturns in multi-decadal cycles in global temperature as the primary drivers of the pause. Others argue that a plethora of recent small volcanoes, changes in stratospheric water vapor, and a downturn in solar energy reaching the earth may also be contributing to the plateau. While few expect the pause to persist much longer, it has raised some questions about the growing divergence between observed temperatures and those predicted by climate models.
    Of course you and Darrin like to wave hands at the land data. The ocean continues to warm.

This argument isn't new. Are you going to abandon it completely and try this petty ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ok. The heat might be hiding in the deep ocean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm clearly megalomaniacal.

They have a memo out addressing the issue we were discussing.

http://static.berkeleyearth.org/memo...-the-pause.pdf

Of course you and Darrin like to wave hands at the land data. The ocean continues to warm.

This argument isn't new. Are you going to abandon it completely and try this petty ?

Yeah, the heat is hiding in the deep ocean.

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/...-00550.1?af=R&

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's more along the lines that you have to account for ocean currents as well as various other ecological, geological, and celestial mechanics. Wave your hands at the singular like a dumb for us some more though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ok. The heat might be hiding in the deep ocean.
    No, it's more along the lines that you have to account for ocean currents as well as various other ecological, geological, and celestial mechanics. Wave your hands at the singular like a dumb for us some more though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at fuzzyboo lite, AGW apologist. Throw out the "we don't know why reality doesn't agree with our mystical computer models but maybe the heat is hiding somewhere" and then call ME ignorant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at fuzzyboo lite, AGW apologist. Throw out the "we don't know why reality doesn't agree with our mystical computer models but maybe the heat is hiding somewhere" and then call ME ignorant.
    It's odd. The argument used to be that ocean currents could explain the current warming. WC used to spam us with the . Nothing from you or Darrin.

Now when you are asked to consider the ocean as well as all the other established physical mechanics, you balk and ridicule. You do get that you have account for the ocean right? BEST is comprehensive and arrived where they did.

You clearly haven't read it. You don't want to even talk about it really.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Fuzzy what do you personally do to reduce your carbon footprint?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fuzzy what do you personally do to reduce your carbon footprint?
    Put my cigarette out on other people's shoes.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While much of Antarctica is below sea level, its mostly land. When the glaciers on land move to the sea is the problem. Sea ice floats and doesn't displace additional area.
    From a la ude and solar flux perspective, gauging the amount of seasonal ice that forms across the poles is a significant observation - especially if said coverage has been steady. What this post-satellite trend can't show is what said coverage looked like 60, 80, 100, 120, etc... years ago... In other words, all we can surmise from the above graphic is that the amount of ice has not been lessened over the past 35 years (relative to the ±2 sigmas in that data set [OR whether the standard deviation itself was lower in the past]).
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 03-22-2015 at 03:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a la ude and solar flux perspective, gauging the amount of seasonal ice that forms across the poles is a significant observation - especially if said coverage has been steady. What this post-satellite trend can't show is what said coverage looked like 60, 80, 100, 120, etc... years ago... In other words, all we can surmise from the above graphic is that the amount of ice has not been lessened over the past 35 years (relative to the ±2 sigmas in that data set [OR whether the standard deviation itself was lower in the past]).
    I'm concerned about the glaciers on land that are going out to sea which contribute to the total volume of the worlds oceans. Just because you can show satellite photos that the ice sheets are still there doesn't really change that. Go to google scholar and you can find several studies detailing how both the west and east ice sheets are thinning and coming out to sea.

Thread Information