Page 96 of 143 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really see how Spurs could get Deng. They won't trade Leonard for him and it's not a very late 2014 first round pick or the rights to overseas players out because of ACL surgeries that could entice Bulls.

Dunleavy is pretty much the only realistic and interesting Bulls target. Snell could be another option if Bulls give up on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Taj could be huge. I can see them tank this year, get Melo and Randle and compete next year.
    They are jut not good enough without Rose.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would keep one of those 2 PG's at the least. Having only 2 is bad management. Corey/Nando + Baynes for a better backup Centre would be a useful option, if they don't do a bigger trade. There isn't a huge list of players, but upgrading Ayres/Baynes is probably the biggest achievable upgrade. ty to decent is a cheaper move than average to good.

Cojo + Baynes only gets up to ~ 1.8m, so we can take in ~2.7m (150% of the 1.8) in a trade. Not many good bigs fall below that. Gustavo Ayon and Jason Smith are probably the best players in that window, but the Pels won't trade Smith. Would depend on how much Ferry and Bud like Corey and Baynes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago would be the perfect trade partner for Cleveland, they can get rid of Jack immediately and fill their void at SF with defensive minded player who knows how to play off the ball...

Jack and Waiters for Deng

Cleveland get rid of their two most poisonous players.

edit : 3 teams scenario involving the Spurs :

SA gets : Karasev + Chicago's two 2014 first round picks
    Chicago gets : Jack + Green
    Cleveland gets : Deng + Cojo + Spurs first round pick
    I think your pre-edit post is an extremely solid idea. But I wouldn't trade Green for Karasev this season. Danny is putting up great advanced stats despite being an up-and-down offensive player this year. Moving Beli to the starting two would be interesting, especially if the team this Karasev could back up Leonard, but that's a nice for the future. Last year showed that Green is pretty essential for a le run. Not a bad idea besides that, though. Value seems right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really see how Spurs could get Deng. They won't trade Leonard for him and it's not a very late 2014 first round pick or the rights to overseas players out because of ACL surgeries that could entice Bulls.

Dunleavy is pretty much the only realistic and interesting Bulls target. Snell could be another option if Bulls give up on him.
    cojo for snell straight up. the spurs give the backup pg keys to mills, and get a promising rook to add to sf depth. the bulls have some insurance for hinrich and teague. win, win.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We want Snell because he has dreadlocks and looks like a Bizarro Kawhi?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cojo for snell straight up. the spurs give the backup pg keys to mills, and get a promising rook to add to sf depth. the bulls have some insurance for hinrich and teague. win, win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year showed that Green is pretty essential for a le run. Not a bad idea besides that, though. Value seems right.
    I agree actually, trading Green would make a series like GS really dangerous... Even the Clippers, his best value being against star PGs. But it'd put the FO in a strong position for the future, they could rebuild almost seamlessly if all goes well with that kind of move... But then again the priority is to give Duncan a chance to win in his last year or two... They kind of did both with the George Hill trade tho...

The Spurs have 3 major blue chips (that could kickstart the rebuilding) :
    - Kawhi
    - Green on his current contract
    - TP

Green kinda has time limit as he could walk, besides the great value of his deal is what makes him a blue chip.

If they don't want to tank, then I'd trade Green, it they want to tank in 2015, dealing TP alone could be enough.

Keep Leonard, keep Green, start Manu at point guard, Tim opts out (and retires on top with a ring lol), deal TP for picks and tank for Okafor... Then again the team would probably be too strong so they'd have to deal someone else...

If they don't do one or the other my personnal conviction is that they're gonna go back to being pretenders quite soon, TP is gonna really slow down at some point and betting on FA is extremely risky for a team like the Spurs...
    Last edited by Baam; 11-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading any of the core six players next season slams shut the window, provided the trade is not for a star player. If the team wants to remain compe ive, then trading Danny wouldn't be nearly enough. At the same time, he's not a good rebuilding piece, as the Cavs found out. So unless Green magically improves, he should get traded if Parker were to be. I don't think there's a trade with only Green going or that would improve the ten next year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we are going to do the same thing next year that we did this year which is just small changes. The biggest issues will be what do we do with Diaw, Mills...do we sign them and for how much? To me I don't think Duncan is going to retire so I would like to make a run next year as well so I am all inf or signing these two players for decent contracts.

As far as Bonner I think he will be gone and I am praying that CoJo will be traded who knows him and Green could get us somebody pretty good or a one year player with a good draft pick. Will that happen probably not so we just have to replace Bonner and Nando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am convinced Bonner will stay a Spur until he retires. He's almost as culturally fundamental to the team as the Big Three. He's part of the family. Provided he takes the appropriate salary cut, he'll be around until at least Duncan hangs them up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot can be said for family if you look at other teams some have more talented players then we do they just don't have they system/chemistry and good coach that we have. Forget about blowing things up and cap space I would try to win it until Duncan says enough but only he knows when that time will come.

People always want to tank but the chances of us finding another Duncan is about the same as you winning the jackpot. Added that now you need to find that type of player but then you also need to replace Pop who is probably also hanging up his spurs. So keep winning until the wheels fall off..............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am convinced Bonner will stay a Spur until he retires. He's almost as culturally fundamental to the team as the Big Three. He's part of the family. Provided he takes the appropriate salary cut, he'll be around until at least Duncan hangs them up.
    Bonner is no Bowen, he's a good guy but if you don't part with Bonner you might as well not trade anyone ever again... Change the name to the San Antonio good guys and don't pretend you're trying to win a championship...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We want Snell because he has dreadlocks and looks like a Bizarro Kawhi?
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...e-pippen-famer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SportsCenter @SportsCenter
    Cavaliers are actively shopping SG Dion Waiters. Team has spoken with Knicks, Bulls and 76ers. (via @Chris_Broussard)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they get a good deal, I'd like Mike Brown to do well, I like the guy.

That said Broussard is not the most reliable source iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
    Sources: Cavs' targets 4 Waiters - Shumpert (NYK), Deng (Chi), Evan Turner (Philly)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
    Sources: Cavs' targets 4 Waiters - Shumpert (NYK), Deng (Chi), Evan Turner (Philly)

Cavs should've drafted Oladipo before if that's the case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiters would be a terrible with the Knicks. The whole reason he's failed in Clev is bc he needs the ball so damn much that it takes away from Irving and the flow of the system. Now Imagine him with Melo and JR. That said, the Knicks will acquire him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner would be intriguing for them. Him being an RFA means they can control him in the summer without officially committing money to him. He's also been playing really well. Waiters is from Philly so the local connection is there. If the Sixers like him, he'd make a decent compliment to MCW and potentially Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs should've drafted Oladipo before if that's the case.
    bingo! bennett was such a terrible pick at number 1. if they draft oladipo or burke, they could trade down and get bennett+. the pistons are equally insane for trading for jennings over burke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Bryant ‏@KevinRashidi

The Raptors are in talks with Sacramento for a Aaron Gray/Jimmer Fredette swap. Jimmer would help with 3pt shooting + assists for TOR.

Kevin Bryant ‏@KevinRashidi
    Just to be clear, both sides have interest but a deal is not imminent yet. Makes sense for TOR, not sure why SAC would though. Masai effect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Hearing this strong: Rockets determined to trade Omer Asik by Dec. 19 at latest and have ramped up discussions with potential trade partners

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Reason Dec. 19 is significant is because anyone Rockets get would be eligible to be re-packaged in new deal on trade-deadline day (Feb. 20)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Morey's already planning on getting rid of whoever he gets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good Luck in trying to trade Asik!

Thread Information