Page 97 of 103 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2572
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incidentally, Hanga isn't really lighting up in Europe so far.

http://www.euroleague.net/compe io...asoncode=E2017

Probably not a big loss that SA didn't have big money to give him.
    Told you this guy wasn't worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also found this:

There are still things about him that look good (the three-pointer and how effectively he seals in the post), but seeing him against even lower-level professionals makes me realize how small Lalanne actually is. He'd be an undersized center even in today's game. Though next to a guy like LMA, it'd probably be fine. Cady can play the five enough on D to give Aldridge a break and then spot up or be opportunistic at the four on offense. It's still too bad that Lalanne is so old though.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are still things about him that look good (the three-pointer and how effectively he seals in the post), but seeing him against even lower-level professionals makes me realize how small Lalanne actually is. He'd be an undersized center even in today's game. Though next to a guy like LMA, it'd probably be fine. Cady can play the five enough on D to give Aldridge a break and then spot up or be opportunistic at the four on offense. It's still too bad that Lalanne is so old though.
    DeJuan Blair with range?

If he was 3 years younger he never would have fallen to #59 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also found this:

For a center, I think Milutinov is the better prospect, but Cady is a guy you could bring in if you think Davis isn't coming back next year for example.

Frankly, I was looking up the RFA for next summer and there is an apparent consensus both Kyle and Davis are staying in the Spurs, mostly bc they haven't priced themselves out and the market for RFA is going to be really tough on them. It's rickety to try to predict the summer IMO, but the casuals tend to think they stay put. However, if they were not going to stay put, then Cady comes into play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJuan Blair with range?

If he was 3 years younger he never would have fallen to #59 though.
    He's bigger than Blair. DeJuan was legit guard height. Cady is probably like 6-7 without shoes. Might even be a bit taller than that. Had he been younger, he may not have fallen to 59, but he would not have gone much higher, given the small school, lack of size and only passable athleticism. He was a good pick because there at things he did well and there was even a decent bit of potential left over due to his shooting form. Not sad about the pick at all, but there are a number of stashed guys or former Toros I'd prefer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a center, I think Milutinov is the better prospect, but Cady is a guy you could bring in if you think Davis isn't coming back next year for example.

Frankly, I was looking up the RFA for next summer and there is an apparent consensus both Kyle and Davis are staying in the Spurs, mostly bc they haven't priced themselves out and the market for RFA is going to be really tough on them. It's rickety to try to predict the summer IMO, but the casuals tend to think they stay put. However, if they were not going to stay put, then Cady comes into play.
    I think Cady should get a shot in camp, but I'm not sure he'd beat out Costello, Livio or Blossomgame, let alone whatever else the team could dig up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Cady should get a shot in camp, but I'm not sure he'd beat out Costello, Livio or Blossomgame, let alone whatever else the team could dig up.
    True. Costello is not that much taller or bigger than Cady... and is a similar prospect. I remember Cady being really, really foul prone though, while Costello has been solid for an end of the bench big. Cady also didn't have good hands for rebounding... Livio might have surpassed him... but I haven't watched any. I have watched too little Blossom and he seems really undersized to be a big, but since Pop is playing midget ball, who knows what he has in mind?

sarcasm aside... we also hopefully will have a draft pick this year too that may be a big, may....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what i've been able to find online his 3pt% is still in the low 30's... that's not good enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's bigger than Blair. DeJuan was legit guard height. Cady is probably like 6-7 without shoes. Might even be a bit taller than that. Had he been younger, he may not have fallen to 59, but he would not have gone much higher, given the small school, lack of size and only passable athleticism. He was a good pick because there at things he did well and there was even a decent bit of potential left over due to his shooting form. Not sad about the pick at all, but there are a number of stashed guys or former Toros I'd prefer
    He was actually measured at the 2015 portsmouth camp, and here is what Dx had to say:
    -St Bonaventure's Youssou Ndoye and Massachusetts's Cady Lalanne, who both posted wingspans of 7-5, tied as the longest players in attendance. Those two also had the longest standing reaches at 9-4 and 9-2 1/2 respectively. Coincidentally, that pair ranked 3rd and 2nd in rebounds per-40 minutes in the A-10 this season. On top of his terrific measurements, Cady Lalanne has helped himself with a very productive showing at the PIT, playing with much better energy and focus than he displayed in his UMass career. He has terrific length for a center, and even showed some ability to play the power forward position with a developing jump-shot. Even though he weighs 241 pounds, he appears to have a frame that can continue to fill out. There aren't many players in this draft who have a wingspan that is 8.75 inches greater than their height without shoes, so expect Lalanne to get plenty of workouts and stay on the NBA radar screen even if he doesn't hear his name called on draft night. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Analysis-4897/ ©DraftExpress

which is a height of 7'5" - 8.75" = 6'8.25" without shoes. Which is a legit 6'10" with shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cady Llanne is a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cady Llanne is a scrub.
    Given the salary cap they will be in, the Spurs will be reaching for more scrubs than usual this off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the salary cap they will be in, the Spurs will be reaching for more scrubs than usual this off-season.
    Spurs are far from salary cap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are far from salary cap
    Not if they trade Kawhi. Or package draft picks to move other dead weight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if they trade Kawhi. Or package draft picks to move other dead weight.
    No matter what they do, the aren’t close to salary cap .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what they do, the aren’t close to salary cap .
    Glad to hear it. Hope PATFO uses the space well.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he dies he dies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he dies he dies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Barely grazed his leg, for crying out loud. And he's acting all injured. Who does he think he is???" --

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its the ol MCL...awaiting a scan for severity

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Needs more rest

2. Who cares

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zeke Upshaw, G-League player for the Pistons, collapsed on court in cardiac arrest. Hope the guy pulls through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Brett Brown is going through the same thing as Pop/Kawhi with Fultz:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rn?share=other

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    @ those who thought the Raptors were contenders, getting slapped at home by the Clippers.

Thread Information