Page 97 of 212 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told y'all about two weeks ago Texas was going to get crushed...and here we are. FYI, a couple of the hospitals I work in are at over 100% capacity. I hope we don't start seeing bodies getting thrown in refrigeration trailers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got this alert as 700+ new cases reported in SA today.

Before this gets buried.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it’s tough. One thought is to move all entertainment outdoors, which works for movies (ie rooftop cinema), bars, and music venues. But that’s not feasible en masse
    I don't think it really works for music, no one's going on tour to have 1/30th of the normal crowd due to social distancing. I think movie theaters are done for unless there is a vaccine deployed by early 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told y'all about two weeks ago Texas was going to get crushed...and here we are. FYI, a couple of the hospitals I work in are at over 100% capacity. I hope we don't start seeing bodies getting thrown in refrigeration trailers.
    A lot of people called this . The important one that didn't was Abbott.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random three word response with nothing to actually link it to.
    Followed by non sequitur accusation - again not linked to anything in particular.

Semi-conclusion, again not really linked to any premises.

Sounds like you're talking to yourself in the mirror. Is English your first language?
    it’s a ing message board on a cell phone with me using the microphone function mrs Crutch-field

you keep relying on language arts Mrs. Crutchfield when you understand perfectly what I’m saying

by the way do you see how it doesn’t capitalize and will actually spell. When I say period

you keep on with the grammar and punctuation it’ll make you feel better when you get punched in the face with being wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is San Antonio about to become Detroit (completely butt ed), New York City (Detroit + having to share ventilators), or Northern Italy (having to deny treatment due to insufficient resources)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it really works for music, no one's going on tour to have 1/30th of the normal crowd due to social distancing. I think movie theaters are done for unless there is a vaccine deployed by early 2021.
    I agree on indoor entertainment venues. Seems like we’ve decided they’re done.

From what has been reported about the Floyd protests, I’d think there’s a path forward on outdoor venues. Don’t see why social distancing protocols are needed there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From what has been reported about the Floyd protests, I’d think there’s a path forward on outdoor venues. Don’t see why social distancing protocols are needed there.
    You don't see big class action lawsuits brought against concert promoters should there be breakouts when packing people closely together even outside? That's why I'm not expecting to see cruise liners really resume operations out of US ports for another year. Though of course worse for them since cruise liners pack people inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is San Antonio about to become Detroit (completely butt ed), New York City (Detroit + having to share ventilators), or Northern Italy (having to deny treatment due to insufficient resources)?
    To be honest, SATX has done a fairly decent job...I think they'll manage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, SATX has done a fairly decent job...I think they'll manage.
    Glad to hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For you young guys it's a great time to buy stock in these beat down businesses....covid will be over eventually. Cruise lines, airlines, boeing, hotels, etc. Just buy and hold. They will explode when this is finally over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't see big class action lawsuits brought against concert promoters should there be breakouts when packing people closely together even outside? That's why I'm not expecting to see cruise liners really resume operations out of US ports for another year. Though of course worse for them since cruise liners pack people inside.
    Absolutely yes. But I’m sure I and others would sign off on a waiver and release to see a live show again. Most 20 and 30 somethings have accepted the risk and just want to get drunk and high again, so getting the appropriate waivers wouldn’t be too hard. You could pack in some other things like mandatory arbitration provisions and class action waivers to to seal the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For you young guys it's a great time to buy stock in these beat down businesses....covid will be over eventually. Cruise lines, airlines, boeing, hotels, etc. Just buy and hold. They will explode when this is finally over
    That’s what my pops has said. I’m not a believer yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That assumes we're going to have the economy bounce back quickly. I don't know, I'm expecting a lot of small business to go under leading to steadily high unemployment leading to many of those consumers who actually have money to hold on to it. This nation has still never felt like it has recovered from 2008 much less being able to recover quickly from 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indoor seating at bars, indoor restaurant dining rooms, and gyms absolutely need to be cherry picked if the hospitals look to be overrun because the first two you can't really operate with masks and the last even when you're wearing a mask you're breathing hard and exhaling way more droplets than usual. And I'd be surprised if many people would wear masks to gyms anyways. Plus all three are built on the idea of people staying inside for long periods.
    If it's too risky to allow people to sit and congregate for an hour or so or work out in gyms so be it. Whatever the experts agree upon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the industry. You have to be careful not to buy into something that won't be around at all in 3 months either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely yes. But I’m sure I and others would sign off on a waiver and release to see a live show again. Most 20 and 30 somethings have accepted the risk and just want to get drunk and high again, so getting the appropriate waivers wouldn’t be too hard. You could pack in some other things like mandatory arbitration provisions and class action waivers to to seal the deal.
    Yeah the problem comes back to where those 20 somethings go after the concert

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone think they will cut back restaurants back to 25% next week? start closing gyms?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That assumes we're going to have the economy bounce back quickly. I don't know, I'm expecting a lot of small business to go under leading to steadily high unemployment leading to many of those consumers who actually have money to hold on to it. This nation has still never felt like it has recovered from 2008 much less being able to recover quickly from 2020.
    New ones will replace them. The facilities and demand will still be there. This isn't going to last forever. I'm still kicking myself for not buying bank stock for pennies in the dollar last time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I would totally avoid is REITS. The high dollar office space market is doomed now that companies have realized they can exist with people working from home, zoom, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of stupid real estate stuff, San Antonio is about to have huge glut of class A warehouse space. All these REITs read the glowing magazine articles about how hot the market in SA was and they all pilled in at once. I'm seeing at least 10 million square feet of nice warehouse space going up around town with no one to fill it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the problem comes back to where those 20 somethings go after the concert
    Exactly. That’s the heart of the issue: how do you limit the rights of the young because of the damage they unwittingly do to others. I think it’s wrong to limit them from living their lives so long as they limit their interactions with the elderly, sick, etc. How you enforce that, I dunno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh was just at HEB and saw a few baskets with extra packs of toilet paper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I would totally avoid is REITS. The high dollar office space market is doomed now that companies have realized they can exist with people working from home, zoom, etc.
    I think that’s overblown. Everyone I know hates working from home full time. Myself included. I think we’ll see some hybrid of the two in the future. I’ve even read that more class a space will be at a premium in the future as businesses will have to rethink cubicle spaces.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh was just at HEB and saw a few baskets with extra packs of toilet paper
    my wife just received a weird Amber alert type message on her cell phone about staying home tomorrow in SA? anyone else receive this, I didn’t but I’m out of town.

Thread Information