Page 99 of 403 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 10055
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The notion of selecting both Topic and Castle is ludicrous given their inability to shoot and how big of an issue that's been long term for this team.

George fits the Spurs stereotype, but as of now would be considered a significant perceived reach. Sure, that didn't stop them with Primo, but it was also a late lottery pick.
    rascal never knows what he's talking about. He picks one player every draft and fixates on them. I don't think he ever watches any games.

As for George, I said with the #33 pick or try to move up a little. He's not a lottery pick at this point, although we've seen questionable picks in the lottery or nearby (Jett Howard, Jalen Hood-Schifino).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the story on Antonio Reeves? He's a senior and productive. Don't really hear much discussion on him or maybe I'm missing the conversation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic should be getting back to form soon, right?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ran a Tankathon Sim where we ended up with #6 and #7 and didn't hate it, but mostly because of who was on the board (it had us taking Dilly and Walter, though Matas was on the board and went 8th - so that's what I would have done. Dilly + Matas would be great).

But it got me thinking, who are the real threats to take Dilly ahead of #7? Detroit won't take PG, neither will CHA. Likewise, Portland is out and Memphis is almost certainly not taking PG unless they decide to blow it up and move Morant (of which there is no indication they will). That leaves only WAS. Maybe they take Dilly, but that will leave Topic. But mostly likely they take Topic and leave Dilly for us. Other teams behind us in the lottery: Houston (via BKY), nope; ATL, nope; OKC via HOU can't jump us as it would go back to HOU; UTA if they jumped into top 4 is a possibility; CHI or NOP are possibilities I suppose.

I feel pretty good about Dilly being there with the TOR pick, freeing us to take our top wing with our natural pick.
    You're looking at it wrong. Some of those teams are going to take best player available, especially when there is no Brandon Miller level talent to take for fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're looking at it wrong. Some of those teams are going to take best player available, especially when there is no Brandon Miller level talent to take for fit.
    Who, among Sarr, Risacher, Topic and adding Holland and Dillingham, is "the best player available"? Which one is obviously best?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who, among Sarr, Risacher, Topic and adding Holland and Dillingham, is "the best player available"? Which one is obviously best?
    Personally I'd say Sarr. Gotta think there will be teams with a PG who will still think Dillingham is better than Williams, Walters, Buzelis, Holland, Sheppard, etc if the Spurs fall in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn Edwards is doing everything today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic and then Sarr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, none of those are 'obviously the best.' There is no player or players who stick out above the others. Unlikely the worst teams pick 'the best player available' when there isn't one. A team like Detroit isn't going to pick a guard when they have a slew of guards and need shooting. This is a draft where the tiers don't break down the usual way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UK is leading tonight partly because of defense: 11 steals atm. They shut the high octane offense of bama.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another solid performance for my boy Collin Murray-Boyles with a 12/5 outing playing a crucial role in South Carolina's turnaround from 11-20 to a top 20 ranking after this game. Doesn't turn 19 until the draft, averaging 9/5 on almost 60% shooting. Guards out to the perimeter, solid passing, strong base, and did this a couple weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taXVCKFGr_Y

Yes, that's an end of game help side clean block on a 7'5" center.

I don't see him top 60 on any of the major draft boards because he doesn't shoot 3s and only shoots 64% FT, but he's long, athletic, young, plays good defense, rebounds like crazy, and has good feel. I'm looking for this guy to play a vital role as a rotation big forward in the future - basically like a better Memphis Brandon Clarke or Draymond Green-lite. A guy who can bully 5 out teams on the boards while still guarding out to the perimeter. Get on the ground floor while you still can.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed, 26 steals in the last 6 games. 74 in 27 games. Rondo's record in UK might be in jeopardy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reed and dilly with good games...Both would be big upgrades over tre and branham

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A team like Detroit isn't going to pick a guard when they have a slew of guards and need shooting.
    Probably not. But it's possible they think they can sign Bridges, Harris, etc. in free agency to fill the gaping hole at PF and/or are so high on a guard that they feel they can't pass.

At that point, they could either shop Ivey for a PF or just wait and sort out the guard situation later.

Another solid performance for my boy Collin Murray-Boyles with a 12/5 outing playing a crucial role in South Carolina's turnaround from 11-20 to a top 20 ranking after this game. Doesn't turn 19 until the draft, averaging 9/5 on almost 60% shooting. Guards out to the perimeter, solid passing, strong base, and did this a couple weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taXVCKFGr_Y

Yes, that's an end of game help side clean block on a 7'5" center.

I don't see him top 60 on any of the major draft boards because he doesn't shoot 3s and only shoots 64% FT, but he's long, athletic, young, plays good defense, rebounds like crazy, and has good feel. I'm looking for this guy to play a vital role as a rotation big forward in the future - basically like a better Memphis Brandon Clarke or Draymond Green-lite. A guy who can bully 5 out teams on the boards while still guarding out to the perimeter. Get on the ground floor while you still can.
    2024 NBA Mock Draft: Latest Full 2-Round Projections | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not. But it's possible they think they can sign Bridges, Harris, etc. in free agency to fill the gaping hole at PF and/or are so high on a guard that they feel they can't pass.

At that point, they could either shop Ivey for a PF or just wait and sort out the guard situation later.
    I guess we can make up a lot of scenarios.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we can make up a lot of scenarios.
    They're not promising enough to pass up best perceived player for fit.

Their roster is more balanced post trade deadline.

They're rumored interested in Bridges and Harris and have +max cap space.

2024 cap space landscape: The outlook for each NBA team | HoopsHype

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this, but I don't think Dillingham stands out so far above the others that those teams will want to add him to a glut of guards. But I might be (and frankly, am probably) wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Best player available' widely means consensus. Like, what a dude like Jay Bilas will say during draft coverage. Teams will have their own rankings.

There are no "best players available" at the top of this draft because none of them shine above the others. Simply saying that you like one above another doesn't make it some universally accepted fact. Sure, Detroit could do something wild like trade Jaden Ivey if they like Dillingham, but, well, I don't think anyone on earth expects that to actually happen.

Like any team, they'll have their tiers and rank guys within that tier. But it will be extremely unusual for Detroit to pick another guard with a high pick when it's not clear that player will be better than the several who they already have. No one is falling in love with any of these guys. The 'always pick best player available' is one of those received wisdom things that isn't always the case. It's always modified by context and cir stance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Troy Weaver's job hangs in the balance, I'd be SHOCKED if he takes another PG with Cade, Ivey and Sasser already on the roster. Besides, he likes bigger, more athletic players... I don't see Dillingham being his cup of tea. IMO there are 2 clear candidates for Dillingham: Washington (the worse their pick, the more likely they'd take him) and Toronto (mainly out of need, more so than Masai's true preference). I think there's a pretty high chance he's there for the taking if Toronto's pick conveys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every team's post-draft press conference will tell you that they took the best player available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point overall is being missed and it's that Dillingham, and Sheppard I'd add, might not rise above the level of need and perceived value to most of these teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this, but I don't think Dillingham stands out so far above the others that those teams will want to add him to a glut of guards. But I might be (and frankly, am probably) wrong.
    Dual PG lineups aren't unheard of. The Spurs wanted to pair Kidd next to Tony in 03. Rozier started a lot of games next to Lamelo. Before we knew Paul was washed up he was starting next to Curry in Golden State. I just don't see anyone passing up a guy they think could be an allstar just because they have Ja Morant, Scoot Henderson, Lamelo Ball, etc on their roster. Imagine Sacramento passing on Haliburton just because they already had a great PG in Fox. if the Spurs have the #1 pick and keep it I want Sarr despite the poor fit. Luckily Sarr's well known enough that the Spurs could probably trade the pick and get a great vet if they luck into #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point overall is being missed and it's that Dillingham, and Sheppard I'd add, might not rise above the level of need and perceived value to most of these teams.
    I think it's very conceivable that Dillingham could be viewed as the third best player in the draft by some teams. Or fourth best by a lot of teams. I'd be pretty surprised if he lasted to #7.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Troy Weaver's job hangs in the balance, I'd be SHOCKED if he takes another PG with Cade, Ivey and Sasser already on the roster. Besides, he likes bigger, more athletic players... I don't see Dillingham being his cup of tea. IMO there are 2 clear candidates for Dillingham: Washington (the worse their pick, the more likely they'd take him) and Toronto (mainly out of need, more so than Masai's true preference). I think there's a pretty high chance he's there for the taking if Toronto's pick conveys.
    I said it's unlikely, but shouldn't be ruled out and again, Cunningham is a wing defensively and Ivey and Sasser are combo guards.

I doubt the Craptors would because it's unlikely they'd invest another significant asset in a small guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's very conceivable that Dillingham could be viewed as the third best player in the draft by some teams. Or fourth best by a lot of teams. I'd be pretty surprised if he lasted to #7.
    Maybe those picking in the late draft or late teens once they factor is who they think will be left by the time they pick?

The only team in the projected bottom 7 right now who needs a PG as much as the Spurs is Washington, and they aren’t passing on Sarr, Tooic, Rasacher, Matas, Williams, or Walter in order to take Dillingham. He’ll absolutely be there at 7 or 8 if the Spurs are picking then.

Thread Information