Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harrison Barnes is worth more....he can't walk this summer like Porter...if Porter was on a relatively cheap contract like Barnes then he might be worth a 1st as well
    Not to me, tbh. Anyways, I didn't say "straight up give up a 1st rounder for Porter", if he can be had for less then all the better. I just said that if folks were contemplating giving up a 1st for Barnes, I'd much rather use it on Porter Jr. A much better fit for our roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to me, tbh. Anyways, I didn't say "straight up give up a 1st rounder for Porter", if he can be had for less then all the better. I just said that if folks were contemplating giving up a 1st for Barnes, I'd much rather use it on Porter Jr. A much better fit for our roster.
    According to basketballnews the Bulls should target Aldridge using Porter. That could result in us getting an asset instead of sending one (although I personally think their value is pretty much equal).

https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...cks-miami-heat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF. Lonnie and a first for Barnes? I’m not sure what I’m reading. Barnes sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to basketballnews the Bulls should target Aldridge using Porter. That could result in us getting an asset instead of sending one (although I personally think their value is pretty much equal).

All the better, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF. Lonnie and a first for Barnes? I’m not sure what I’m reading. Barnes sucks.
    Lonnie is officially off the table

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is officially off the table
    lonnie had a monster game against houston not too long ago...

then pop dnp’d his ass for half a season...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I red the article and have to say, at this point, all three trades makes sense....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks here are contemplating the idea of giving up a 1st rounder to get Harrison Barnes, tbh.
    and you want to give up a 1st for Otto Porter, which is even worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and you want to give up a 1st for Otto Porter, which is even worse
    He isn't though, that's the kicker. At least for what the Spurs need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m truly praying this isn’t based on something timvp actually heard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m truly praying this isn’t based on something timvp actually heard?
    No. Literally no one is saying this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t even trade Lonnie for Harrison Barnes straight up at this point. Lonnie just turned 22, actually likes being a Spur and says he enjoys the city of San Antonio, and seems like he might actually re-sign here on a team-friendly deal. Barnes is about to turn 29 and will be a FA in 2023 with no signs that he’d re-sign here. And he doesn’t move the needle for us anyways. Give me Lonnie and his potential all day tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t even trade Lonnie for Harrison Barnes straight up at this point. Lonnie just turned 22, actually likes being a Spur and says he enjoys the city of San Antonio, and seems like he might actually re-sign here on a team-friendly deal. Barnes is about to turn 29 and will be a FA in 2023 with no signs that he’d re-sign here. And he doesn’t move the needle for us anyways. Give me Lonnie and his potential all day tbh.
    Yeah. This is a pretty dismal thread, tbh. Barnes was let out of GSW for a reason and then let out of Dallas for a reason. He's just sort of... there.

Walker has elevator shoes at the moment. Even if his limit is a Microwave-type player, that's still a player this team vitally needs, a guy who can score in bunches.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it and don't think it's as bad as many are making it seem, but why give up any assets when they could sign Porter Jr. for significantly cheaper this off season? Of course you'd prefer the far more durable Barnes in a vacuum, but that's not the point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, Lonnie was spectacular yesterday and showed us more of those flashes of his true potential. I don't think I want to let him go at all. I want to give him more time to see if he can consistently put it all together.

If anything (I know it was only one bad game), White has me a little worried that his ceiling is a lot lower than I thought it was. He just hasn't looked good for good chunks of the past couple of seasons. I don't know if it's due to injury, lack of form due to being out all the time, or if he's just not going to get much better, but he's really starting to worry me. I hope he can turn it around as I thought very highly of him the past couple of years.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-22-2021 at 01:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, Lonnie was spectacular yesterday and showed us more of those flashes of his true potential. I don't think I want to let him go at all. I want to give him more time to see if he can consistently put it all together.

If anything (I know it was only one bad game), White has me a little worried that his ceiling is a lot lower than I thought it was. He just hasn't looked good for good chunks of the past couple of seasons. I don't know if it's due to injury, lack of form due to being out all the time, or if he's just not going to get much better, but he's really starting to worry me. I hope he can turn it around and I thought very highly of him the past couple of years.
    White will be fine. His season has been inconsistent because he has had inconsistent game time.

Spurs are at odds with White and Walker. Who starts and who is better off the bench. They both can be argued they better suited for both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will be fine. His season has been inconsistent because he has had inconsistent game time.

Spurs are at odds with White and Walker. Who starts and who is better off the bench. They both can be argued they better suited for both.
    This was also white’s first B2B since he returned from the broken toe.

Thread Information