Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a reminder of how not to get too up or down about these video packages heading into the draft or the players themselves, here is a Primo interview from last year.

For those putting Primo in the trash bin already, the kid presented impressively with high bbiq. He needs time but is gonna be solid.

https://youtu.be/V3UrRwP13Kk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a reminder of how not to get too up or down about these video packages heading into the draft or the players themselves, here is a Primo interview from last year.

For those putting Primo in the trash bin already, the kid presented impressively with high bbiq. He needs time but is gonna be solid.

https://youtu.be/V3UrRwP13Kk

Schmitz is a clown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but he must be credible enough to get access to all these guys…

But to me that’s less important than how Josh presented in the interview. Was impressed by how an 18 year old explained reads and had that level assertiveness and confidence in his play. Not saying he doesn’t have a way to go, but to me helps put these more recent interviews in Perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the reason why I think Keegan Murray could and possibly will drop.
    It's possible, but not likely IMO for a few reasons:
    1) Indiana @ 6 looks like a natural fit, he fits their roster and culture and he's the kind of sound, ready now, high floor pick that appeals to Carlisle.
    2) Portland @ 7 is also a natural fit, they seem invested in making the most of Lillards remaining prime (foolish, IMO). If they can't work a trade for Jerami Grant or some other athletic forward, he's their likely choice.
    3) NO @ 8 might also be an alternative. I know it wouldn't seem like an option at first glance, but considering everything they're going through with Zion, that relationship might be nearing its final chapter.
    First of all there's his incredibly worrisome growing injury history, which can only worsen with time, given his equally concerning weight and conditioning issues. Lets also keep in mind that at times he seemed alienated, failing to so much as text CJ McCollum when he joined the Pelicans, being described as a "detached teammate" (by former teammate JJ Re ), and being omitted from promotional actions such as emails for season ticket renewals.
    If we put all of this together, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to have a backup plan in case things go sour (if they haven't already), in which case Keegan Murray would seem like a perfect replacement, sound, 2 way, versatile, plug & play forward who will instantly fill in his shoes seamlessly and make sure they don't skip a beat, while putting pressure on Zion to cut the nonsense, and either he complies and gets back on track, or he can be shopped around for assets.

With all of this in mind, I'm thinking chances Keegan Murray fall to no. 9 are slim at best. Not impossible, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the other player is Houston. I can see a world where POR-DET get something done for 7 and Grant, and then DET trades 5 + 7 for 3 if Banchero is their guy.

Then you can see Houston going Murray at 5 to bear out Indy, and then reaching on a Duren at 7 to shore up their front court of the future. They then dump their two head cases for value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair points of course. Givony suggests Dyson is getting top 5 buzz. I don't think he'll go that high, but can see him up pretty high.

Like if Sacramento takes him instead of Ivey, I can see Pacers taking home state guy Ivey.

I can see Portland taking a flashy scoring pick in Mathurin.

I can see teams dislike Murray's age and let him pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Indiana @ 6 looks like a natural fit, he fits their roster and culture and he's the kind of sound, ready now, high floor pick that appeals to Carlisle.
    2) Portland @ 7 is also a natural fit, they seem invested in making the most of Lillards remaining prime (foolish, IMO). If they can't work a trade for Jerami Grant or some other athletic forward, he's their likely choice.
    3) NO @ 8 might also be an alternative. I know it wouldn't seem like an option at first glance, but considering everything they're going through with Zion, that relationship might be nearing its final chapter.
    First of all there's his incredibly worrisome growing injury history, which can only worsen with time, given his equally concerning weight and conditioning issues. Lets also keep in mind that at times he seemed alienated, failing to so much as text CJ McCollum when he joined the Pelicans, being described as a "detached teammate" (by former teammate JJ Re ), and being omitted from promotional actions such as emails for season ticket renewals.
    If we put all of this together, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to have a backup plan in case things go sour (if they haven't already), in which case Keegan Murray would seem like a perfect replacement, sound, 2 way, versatile, plug & play forward who will instantly fill in his shoes seamlessly and make sure they don't skip a beat, while putting pressure on Zion to cut the nonsense, and either he complies and gets back on track, or he can be shopped around for assets.

With all of this in mind, I'm thinking chances Keegan Murray fall to no. 9 are slim at best. Not impossible, though.
    I think Indiana is a real threat to take Murray and I wouldn't discount Sacramento either... I really expect Portland to trade #7 to get a more nba ready player to pair with Dame....that new team is a wildcard since we don't know who may try to move up...it could even be us...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think trading up to 6 though should be relatively easy if SA values Keegan though…should not be that hard to move up. Especially if its with POR at pick 7. You can trade Doug McDermott or Richardson + 9 for pick 7 + filler and that gets POR a win now piece and still a lottery pick for now/future for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think trading up to 6 though should be relatively easy if SA values Keegan though…should not be that hard to move up. Especially if its with POR at pick 7. You can trade Doug McDermott or Richardson + 9 for pick 7 + filler and that gets POR a win now piece and still a lottery pick for now/future for example.
    9 + Richardson is probably not enough to get you 7th. But if the Blazers can't trade for someone better and are not enamored with anyone in particular, it's doable, give or take a pick or two.
    9 + McDermott will push you back, not forward. He's a burden, and the cap space has much more value than his presence on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug plus 9 for 7? Hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly. Moving up 3 spots shouldn't cost much and if that's on the table the Spurs should absolutely pull the trigger. Keegan Murray is the perfect fit at the 4 for the type of offense we are trying to run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could get Drew Eubanks back!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly. Moving up 3 spots shouldn't cost much and if that's on the table the Spurs should absolutely pull the trigger. Keegan Murray is the perfect fit at the 4 for the type of offense we are trying to run
    POR knows that 7 pick is perfect for taking Murray. It’s not cheap move imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 + Richardson is probably not enough to get you 7th. But if the Blazers can't trade for someone better and are not enamored with anyone in particular, it's doable, give or take a pick or two.
    9 + McDermott will push you back, not forward. He's a burden, and the cap space has much more value than his presence on the court.
    Lol the difference in 9 and 7 is literally negligible in a draft widely considered to be flat. Richardson easily fills that value void or 9 + 25 would do it.

Now, whether or not POR wants to use some of their space on someone like Richardson is one thing, but from a value perspective Richardson EASILY moves you up two spots IMO

POR would lhave to value whomever is at 7 so wildly higher than their next 2 best players on their board in order to pass on moving back - especially if they dont think they can land someone like Richardson or better in FA for the money.

Do you think POR has 7 players in tier 1 or 2 and a huge drop off starting tier 3 for players 8 or 9?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug plus 9 for 7? Hahaha
    What’s funny? Plenty of teams may view Doug as a + shooter on a team trying to win now. Moving from 7 to 9 is literally nothing….I agree Doug sucks but this board does not represent the entirety of the NBA opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POR knows that 7 pick is perfect for taking Murray. It’s not cheap move imo
    Do they or is that in your head? Look at Timvps board for example and where he has Murray. You dont think its conceivable that they have Paolo, Chet, Ivey and Smith as tier 1, then tier 2 Bennedict Mathurin, Dyson Daniels, Johnny Davis, Murray, Sochan, Duren?

How much would you have to value Murray over any one of Mathurin, Daniels, Davies, Sochan or Duren to not take a player that helps Dame stay happy / increase odds of winning now (whether that is Richardson or someone from another team with picks 8-10)?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s funny? Plenty of teams may view Doug as a + shooter on a team trying to win now. Moving from 7 to 9 is literally nothing….I agree Doug sucks but this board does not represent the entirety of the NBA opinion
    Those two spots from 7 to 9 can make a huge difference in a player.

McDermitt doesn't have the value to move up those two spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two spots from 7 to 9 can make a huge difference in a player.

McDermitt doesn't have the value to move up those two spots.
    Youre making that up. HUGE value is very subjective, especially in a draft like this. I agree that Richardson has more value than Doug - no doubt about that. I dont know that Doug has negative value (he does to me and I would value him that way lol, but not sure every team does)

Again, do the exercise: do you have Murray in his own tier over these guys: Mathurin, Daniels, Davis, Sochan or Duren?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only person who likes Doug McBuckets? Lol I thought he’d played his role really well this past season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the difference in 9 and 7 is literally negligible in a draft widely considered to be flat. Richardson easily fills that value void or 9 + 25 would do it.

Now, whether or not POR wants to use some of their space on someone like Richardson is one thing, but from a value perspective Richardson EASILY moves you up two spots IMO
    Consensus means squat if Portland thinks the guy at 7 is not worth risking over. And even if they don't see much of a difference, you're also competing with everyone else who might have a better offer.
    So no, if the Celtics had to throw in a first rounder and a future (almost) unrestricted swap on top of Richardson for just Derrick White, all of a sudden he's not likely to be enough to jump up 2 draft slots in the top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only person who likes Doug McBuckets? Lol I thought he’d played his role really well this past season
    Yes, lol, you are literally the only one. Get that guy and his contract out of here ASAP. Such a dumb signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consensus means squat if Portland thinks the guy at 7 is not worth risking over. And even if they don't see much of a difference, you're also competing with everyone else who might have a better offer. So no, if the Celtics had to throw a first and a future (almost) unrestricted swap on top of Richardson for Derrick White, all of a sudden he's not likely to be enough to jump up 2 draft slots in the top 10.
    That does not make any sense. 1) Richardson played lights out with SA so his value is up. 2) It’s not about Spurs having best offer, but the value in moving back 2 or 3 spots for POR. Going from pick 7 back a few spots, whether with SA or not, is not a huge deal unless POR for some reason values someone so much higher at 7 than picks 8-10 which would be odd considering how majority of people view them.

So making the argument that moving from 7 to 9 is a HUGE deal is just wrong from the jump imo. It frames it as unrealistic and its just not.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre making that up. HUGE value is very subjective, especially in a draft like this. I agree that Richardson has more value than Doug - no doubt about that. I dont know that Doug has negative value (he does to me and I would value him that way lol, but not sure every team does)

Again, do the exercise: do you have Murray in his own tier over these guys: Mathurin, Daniels, Davis, Sochan or Duren?
    I have Murray clearly over Sochan, Duren and Daniels. Duren is closer in tier level as he has two way potential and can play at 5.

Mathurin is in the same tier as Murray both would fill an offensive scoring need on the Spurs, both are likely gone by the Spurs pick, that's why moving up two spots to 7 can get you Murray or Mathurin.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they or is that in your head? Look at Timvps board for example and where he has Murray. You dont think its conceivable that they have Paolo, Chet, Ivey and Smith as tier 1, then tier 2 Bennedict Mathurin, Dyson Daniels, Johnny Davis, Murray, Sochan, Duren?

How much would you have to value Murray over any one of Mathurin, Daniels, Davies, Sochan or Duren to not take a player that helps Dame stay happy / increase odds of winning now (whether that is Richardson or someone from another team with picks 8-10)?
    Don't go by Timvp's board. He has Sharpe at 14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't go by Timvp's board. He has Sharpe at 14.
    I am not going by Timvps board (and timvp board is SA specific, he fully expects Sharpe to be way gone before SA picks despite having him 14th for SA). I am making the point that teams likely have differing boards. And when you factor in both people like you and people like timvp + consensus from all the people that do this for a living, it paints a pretty clear picture overall that 7 to 9 is not some wide chasm to cross.

Does not mean that SA has the best offer or that a team will do a deal; just conceptually

Thread Information