San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here, just don’t get the fit for Houston

yea noway hou is doing #3 for dj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think as far as whole offseason:

You see what Houston wants for #3 aka Banchero (obviously chances on getting a good deal are close to 0)

You see if you can get to 6-7 to get Keegan Murray who might even fall to #9

You try to move up into the lat teens by packaging 20 and 25

You see what you can get in the draft for J-Rich and/or Poeltl

You let Walker walk

You make a run at Ayton and LaVine

You see if you can get a John Collins, Jerami Grant or other interesting pieces via trade

You see if there's a package available to get rid of McDermott

You fill out the roster with young guys like Jalen Smith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you guys will be happy if we just sign more scrubs. San antonio is not a top free agent destination yet I'm curious why yall think we can be picky and choosy.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea noway hou is doing #3 for dj
    Houston gets 9th + 15th + DJ
    Charlotte get Poeltl + 25th
    Spurs get 3rd and 13th

Spurs reset roster on a rebuild

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston gets 9th + 15th + DJ
    Charlotte get Poeltl + 25th
    Spurs get 3rd and 13th

Spurs reset roster on a rebuild
    Honestly, I think Houston and Charlotte would strongly consider that proposal. I'm not sure our fo would but I think they should at least consider it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lotta chatter about Bamba on the outs with ORL with them securing yet another big (likely Chet). Do we offer an sheet and dare ORL to match? Bamba’s tools seem interesting but he seems like a dumdum
    Last edited by CGD; 05-21-2022 at 07:00 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento gets- DJ + 15 +25
    Charlotte gets - Poeltl + 20
    Spurs get - 4 + 13

Spurs draft 4-Sharpe/Ivey + 9-Mathurin/Duren + 13-Williams/Sochan or Eason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t trade DJ period. It’s not even a given that the top 3 in this draft will be better players than him

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t trade DJ period. It’s not even a given that the top 3 in this draft will be better players than him
    If the Spurs can come away in this draft with Sharpe -SF, Mathurin- SG and Williams- C I'd give up Murray and Poeltl. That's a higher upside two year plan foundation of a team than standing with the current roster.

Murray isn't even a good fit for the current players playing around him. He needs better running mates to bring out his full potential.

That's a future starting core. Sign a veteran PG and have a two year plan for high draft pick upgrades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs can come away in this draft with Sharpe -SF, Mathurin- SG and Williams- C I'd give up Murray and Poeltl. That's a higher upside two year plan foundation of a team than standing with the current roster.

Murray isn't even a good fit for the current players playing around him. He needs better running mates to bring out his full potential.

That's a future starting core. Sign a veteran PG and have a two year plan for high draft pick upgrades.
    doesn't make sense since this team wouldn't have a PG. If you give up Vassell and Keldon, maybe but DJ is an All-Star

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't make sense since this team wouldn't have a PG. If you give up Vassell and Keldon, maybe but DJ is an All-Star
    Sign a veteran pg. You aren't going to be a contender anyways keeping DJ next year. It's going to be a two to three year plan to turn the team into a contender.

Vassell and Keldon won't be enough to get the 4th pick.
    They are just average players on a non playoff team and backups on a top team. A good chance Murray won't even be enough either in an offer for the 4th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign a veteran pg. You aren't going to be a contender anyways keeping DJ next year. It's going to be a two to three year plan to turn the team into a contender.

Vassell and Keldon won't be enough to get the 4th pick.
    They are just average players on a non playoff team and backups on a top team. A good chance Murray won't even be enough either in an offer for the 4th pick.
    an All-Star ain't enough for Jayden Ivey? That's bogus, Kings would jump on that in no time

You act like Mathurin, Sharpe and Williams is a future big 3 or something. The Spurs can speed up the process depending on how aggressive they are on the market, it's just that they never are

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    an All-Star ain't enough for Jayden Ivey? That's bogus, Kings would jump on that in no time

You act like Mathurin, Sharpe and Williams is a future big 3 or something. The Spurs can speed up the process depending on how aggressive they are on the market, it's just that they never are
    I'd take those guys for the future foundation instead of DJ and Poeltl and draft pick 9.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs are no longer a winning team. It's not going to be easy to get players to sign in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are no longer a winning team. It's not going to be easy to get players to sign in San Antonio.
    Thats why the Spurs gotta trade and overpay free agents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think as far as whole offseason:

You see what Houston wants for #3 aka Banchero (obviously chances on getting a good deal are close to 0)
    You see if you can get to 6-7 to get Keegan Murray who might even fall to #9

You try to move up into the lat teens by packaging 20 and 25

You see what you can get in the draft for J-Rich and/or Poeltl

You let Walker walk

You make a run at Ayton and LaVine

You see if you can get a John Collins, Jerami Grant or other interesting pieces via trade

You see if there's a package available to get rid of McDermott

You fill out the roster with young guys like Jalen Smith
    Yes to green, no to red.
    Ayton is not worthy of a max contract and will likely require additional assets via S&T. Lavine's knees concern me and would rush the timeline, as this team is not yet ready to go all out. Collins is far too injured and expensive for what he brings on the court. Grant will require significant assets to acquire and will command around 28M per year.
    Also I'm fine with Keegan Murray at no. 9, but I don't think he'll be available there and I wouldn't overpay to trade up for him. I might just stay at no. 9 or trade back a bit and Sochan will likely still be available, or pick up Liddell @25.
    Finally, I think we should explore other options, such as a trade up with Sacramento. You never know what's on their head, they may trade their pick for McDermott, given their history (joking, obviously. Not even they are that stupid). Supposedly they're trying to win now, maybe Keldon or Vassell would be of interest to them, along with no. 9 in a package for no. 4. And I don't think Banchero @4 is out of the question, if we pay attention to the Rocket's recent statements about being open to trading the pick, which implies they're not completely sold on taking consensus pick @3, i.e. Banchero.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes to green, no to red.
    Ayton is not worthy of a max contract and will likely require additional assets via S&T. Lavine's knees concern me and would rush the timeline, as this team is not yet ready to go all out. Collins is far too injured and expensive for what he brings on the court. Grant will require significant assets to acquire and will command around 28M per year.
    Also I'm fine with Keegan Murray at no. 9, but I don't think he'll be available there and I wouldn't overpay to trade up for him. I might just stay at no. 9 or trade back a bit and Sochan will likely still be available, or pick up Liddell @25.
    Finally, I think we should explore other options, such as a trade up with Sacramento. You never know what's on their head, they may trade their pick for McDermott, given their history (joking, obviously. Not even they are that stupid). Supposedly they're trying to win now, maybe Keldon or Vassell would be of interest to them, along with no. 9 in a package for no. 4. And I don't think Banchero @4 is out of the question, if we pay attention to the Rocket's recent statements about being open to trading the pick, which implies they're not completely sold on taking consensus pick @3, i.e. Banchero.
    Sochan doesn't move the Spurs up much. They still won't have a high end offensive scorer. That's what they need more than a solid defender. Just moving up in the draft 3 or 4 spots can get the spurs that future high end scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan doesn't move the Spurs up much. They still won't have a high end offensive scorer. That's what they need more than a solid defender. Just moving up in the draft 3 or 4 spots can get the spurs that future high end scorer.
    Who is that certain go to scorer available at 5/6 that's not available at 9? I hope you don't say Keegan Murray (may be nice, but definitely not focal point of a contender's offense), Mathurin (may be available at 9) or Sharpe (pipe dream and far from a sure thing).
    I'd only pay a premium (to a degree) for Banchero or Ivey, other than that I'd maximize the value of the picks by taking best player available (maybe Mathurin) or multiple starting caliber players who fit a need (trading down and picking up Davis/Daniels + Sochan/Eason).

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Some of y'all think real life is like NBA 2k or some

The Spurs arent trading their all-star PG for a pick. The optics look terrible and would be horrible for team morale

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs arent trading their all-star PG for a pick. The optics look terrible and would be horrible for team morale
    Over time Sharpe and Ivey will end up with more all stars appearances than DJ. They both have higher potential and I doubt a team would want DJ in a trade for either one of those guys.

DJ might not even be an all star next year depending on player movement in the West next year. He's a borderline level all star player and just made it because the Spurs have little to nothing else close to a star on the roster so he got enough counting stats.

The west was weak last year in all star talent.
    Spur fans always over rate their players.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's going to be moves and trades on draft night. There's already rumors of a team or two in the top six considering trading down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take those guys for the future foundation instead of DJ and Poeltl and draft pick 9.
    Then you'd be a terrible GM. You know what you have with DJM and Jak, you have no idea with you three college players with zero games in the NBA, except they ain't future superstars and you'd have 3 starting rookies at the same time in a team getting destroyed every night. Not vey good to learn the game.

That would be just wishful thinking at that point and fantasizing about new kids in town who would necessarily be better than what you have... Then they bust and you lost DJM and Jak for crap.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you'd be a terrible GM. You know what you have with DJM and Jak, you have no idea with you three college players with zero games in the NBA, except they ain't future superstars and you'd have 3 starting rookies at the same time in a team getting destroyed every night. Not vey good to learn the game.

That would be just wishful thinking at that point and fantasizing about new kids in town who would necessarily be better than what you have... Then they bust and you lost DJM and Jak for crap.
    With your logic every new player entering the league out of this draft is not worth trading DJ for because they haven't played yet in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Right. There seems to be some overrating those top picks because we missed out on the lottery. People fell in love with their favorites. Honestly, though, I don't see any of the top 3-4 as sure fire players at all. Much rather stay where we are, or at least not sell the farm to take limited upside guys.

Thread Information