Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even in the started late slow mo replay at the end, I assuredly count at least four steps.

Side note: Looks like Red may have hacked the sh** out of Simmons to start that fast break too.
    Then you really ing suck at counting. He took two steps after he picked up his dribble, which is perfectly legal in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to me the worst call was a foul on Lee during a rebound. (on Speights if I remember correctly). Call was absolutely horrendous.

Pop got mad, we got a tech and instead of scoring an easy bucket off a transition play, The Clips got 3 points and all the momentum back.

It's the typical "small" foul that changes the entire course of the match and nobody remembers.
    Watched the LA feed of that game, and their announcers were pissed off about that call.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, the OP's point is that the shi**y refs cost the Spurs that game. It's a really shi**y point, since the Spurs played like sh** on both ends of the floor. Sadly, he really believes that sh**.
    Learn how to read. That was not the OP's point.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Safe space poster still trying to talk sh**.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you really ing suck at counting. He took two steps after he picked up his dribble, which is perfectly legal in the NBA.
    Pause it and you'll see he's stepping right as he stops the dribble. Some are calling that an allowable "gather step." Dunno about that; but should we not count that one, it is three steps after that. It's a travel; and it's not even debatable.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is no secret the Clippers are whiny floppers who like to put pressure on the refs until they get calls, and also, love the mid range chucking.

That's like textbook for beating the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the game, but I'm really, really, really stunned that anyone would think that a game officiated by Ed Malloy was poorly officiated.

Stunned, I say.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the game, but I'm really, really, really stunned that anyone would think that a game officiated by Ed Malloy was poorly officiated.

Stunned, I say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pause it and you'll see he's stepping right as he stops the dribble. Some are calling that an allowable "gather step." Dunno about that; but should we not count that one, it is three steps after that. It's a travel; and it's not even debatable.
    Except that it isn't, at best it's two steps, and everybody who has ever watched a basketball game knows that's not a travel. But whatever. That "bad call" is the reason the Spurs lost by 24 points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per NBA rules i see no traveling.

"When ending his dribble a player may use a two count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that it isn't, at best it's two steps, and everybody who has ever watched a basketball game knows that's not a travel. But whatever. That "bad call" is the reason the Spurs lost by 24 points.
    I clearly see three step even after the gather step. Watch the replay and see (pause to count the steps). If you don't see it, I can't help you.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 11-07-2016 at 09:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Learn how to read. That was not the OP's point.

Of course it was. "If only the refs hadn't screwed us and taken the momentum..." HarlemHeat should be glad, though, because you just took the lead for the most pussified post of the year.

If the Spurs had played well, and gotten jobbed by the refs, maybe. Weak, but I've gone there. But that was just a pathetic performance. They were out of sync on both ends of the floor, and the Clippers just dominated. There's no reason to zero in on that one play. The sad thing is, you picked an example that isn't even an travel in the NBA.

Honestly, the main reason I paid any attention to your lame-assed thread is that I thought the "new ownership" must have implemented a censor, when I saw you keep saying "sh**". Here's news for you, dumbass. Everybody knows you mean " ". You may not have typed it, but you made everyone else say it in their heads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stunned, I say.

That particular game could have been officiated by Stevie Wonder, and it would have come out the same. The Spurs got curb-stomped. Not like the Utah game where the Jass were just hitting a lot of shots. The Spurs just got whipped by the Clips. Bad night, lot of season left - but that night, the Clippers were just the better team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it was. "If only the refs hadn't screwed us and taken the momentum..." HarlemHeat should be glad, though, because you just took the lead for the most pussified post of the year.

If the Spurs had played well, and gotten jobbed by the refs, maybe. Weak, but I've gone there. But that was just a pathetic performance. They were out of sync on both ends of the floor, and the Clippers just dominated. There's no reason to zero in on that one play. The sad thing is, you picked an example that isn't even an travel in the NBA.

Honestly, the main reason I paid any attention to your lame-assed thread is that I thought the "new ownership" must have implemented a censor, when I saw you keep saying "sh**". Here's news for you, dumbass. Everybody knows you mean " ". You may not have typed it, but you made everyone else say it in their heads.
    Of course it wasn't, head. Did you see any whining in the OP about how the refs cost us the damn game? Nay. And I haven't even reviewed the OP to confirm b/c I know exactly what was going through my mind at the time. My point was that there is no excuse to not make that call and that the league just insults its fan base with that sh**.

Now, when another poster said later that that and other calls f'd with momentum, I didn't disagree. But I also said the Spurs played like sh**, so I wasn't being some bitter asshole that you want to pretend I was being. Are you just trolling, or do you just bother with f'ing facts?

And even by NBA standards, that was an extra step more than what they allow the super stars (in many cases at least). But I won't quivel over whether that's "sad". Sh** should be called; it was blatant. You allow a guy to take four steps from the ing top of the key and of course he's gonna get the and one for 's sake. You're like a frog in the boiling water though; you've been too desensitized to this sh**.

You're spiel on sh** is amusing, but doesn't really move the needle, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I clearly see three step even after the gather step. Watch the replay and see (pause to count the steps). If you don't see it, I can't help you.
    Since nobody is agreeing with you on this, yet you still persist with it, I assume you just need attention. You should ask your mom to set out some clean clothes for you so you can go outside, tbh.

Marcus Eliot Williams Austin_Toros's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think OP is right, and technically it is a travel.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since nobody is agreeing with you on this, yet you still persist with it, I assume you just need attention. You should ask your mom to set out some clean clothes for you so you can go outside, tbh.
    W/E
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 11-08-2016 at 07:13 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think OP is right, and technically it is a travel.
    A little something for the es.

Thread Information