San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do one with kawhi vs Pop, RC, Aldridge, Patty
    I hope somebody does. I don’t know PS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok fine now Kawhi just sucks all of a sudden
    Is not that he sucks, but he is not Lebron and will never be, is not even a leader, how can a mute lead a team?

Had his fair share of success in SA, but he is not the reason why Spurs won in 2014, the whole team was a killer and he had space to move, where was he the next season when Clippers took them out in the first round? where was the MVP?

Where was he when Spurs were losing lots of stupid RS games, specially vs the Pellicans?
    55 games in 2015, you think Lebron would have the same record in SA with that squad in that particular season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi taking a wet fat on PATFO and their fluffers
    How? Everyone knew he was this good. He faked an injury and quit at the request of his keeper tho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah it was just LMA having a good season. If LMA played like he did in 2016 that team would have been a lottery team.
    Still counts as part of the supporting caste no way you want to spin it. Spurs had LMA playing at an all-nba level the last few years until this year plus they had good wing defenders in Green,Kyle,Dejounte. Sounds like a good supporting caste to me. How many superstars get to play with another All-NBA player. I don't believe in the revisionist history people are trying to pull out of their asses in here. This current Spurs team isn't even the same team from last year.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi front runner now for MVP. I didnt even have him top 5 about 6 games ago.

This National TV Games man. They're like ×100 in MVP voting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still counts as part of the supporting caste no way you want to spin it. Spurs had LMA playing at an all-nba level the last few years until this year plus they had good wing defenders in Green,Kyle,Dejounte. Sounds like a good supporting caste to me. How many superstars get to play with another All-NBA player. I don't believe in the revisionist history people are trying to pull out of their asses in here. This current Spurs team isn't even the same team from last year.
    LMA was not at an all-nba level in 2016/17. He was actually atrocious (especially in the playoffs) for his level of talent/ability, even Pop called him out.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how much it stings Pop/Buford to see Kawhi/Danny playing so well. Meanwhile, Defrozen lives up to his rep as a fake all-star and Poetl is still "developing".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offense is back to MVP-level Kawhi, sad to watch

Defense still isn't where it was, probably won't get there, but doesn't really matter for them..
    I think his defense will comeback also at some point. Almost everything else has as the season progresses

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA was not at an all-nba level in 2016/17. He was actually atrocious (especially in the playoffs) for his level of talent/ability, even Pop called him out.
    And then he asked to be traded. Pop stopped criticizing LMA ever since. Acquiesced to all of his demands and ended up losing Kawhi in the process.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2016 he was an all NBA player. In 2017 he was putting up similar numbers to his 2016 season. In 2018 he was an all-nba player. So 2 out of the 3 seasons he was an all-nba player and the 1 season he wasn't he put similar numbers to the ones he put up in '16. Like I said before there is too much revisionist history going on in here. It's rare a team win's 60 plus wins in the nba without having a good amount of talent and depth. The only time I have seen a team win 60 and not be stacked was the '03 Spurs and that was due to Duncan having an MVP season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2016 he was an all NBA player. In 2017 he was putting up similar numbers to his 2016 season. In 2018 he was an all-nba player. So 2 out of the 3 seasons he was an all-nba player and the 1 season he wasn't he put similar numbers to the ones he put up in '16. Like I said before there is too much revisionist history going on in here. It's rare a team win's 60 plus wins in the nba without having a good amount of talent and depth. The only time I have seen a team win 60 and not be stacked was the '03 Spurs and that was due to Duncan having an MVP season.
    I'm talking about the 2016/17 season. That was not an all-nba level season, it was comparable to this season. It would have been fine if he was a 3rd option but not a 2nd. His post-season performance (which I guess stands out most) that season was even worse. Lowest PER since his 4th season, compared to last season when it was the highest of his career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about the 2016/17 season. That was not an all-nba level season, it was comparable to this season. It would have been fine if he was a 3rd option but not a 2nd. His post-season performance (which I guess stands out most) that season was even worse. Lowest PER since his 4th season, compared to last season when it was the highest of his career.
    They still won 60 games with LMA in the '16-'17 season. I don't think they would have won 60 games if LMA did not play that season. So again I just don't buy into that bs that Kawhi did not have any help. He had good teams in '16,'17, and last year's team wins around 57-60 if he decided to play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still won 60 games with LMA in the '16-'17 season. I don't think they would have won 60 games if LMA did not play that season. So again I just don't buy into that bs that Kawhi did not have any help. He had good teams in '16,'17, and last year's team wins around 57-60 if he decided to play.
    The only thing I said was last year's team wouldn't have won 47 games if LMA played like he did in the 16/17 season instead of having his best season. IMO that would have been a lottery team. Kawhi had help but it was inconsistent help. LMA was good in 15/16, not as much in 16/17. Obviously the big 3 would have their occasional great game. Then there were guys like Lee, Simmons, Dedmon etc. that would have their games. The supporting cast of this year's team is better on the offensive end but pretty bad defensively, which is probably the biggest difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just reinforces the fact Nephew quit on the Spurs last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he wasn't a leader. leadership>>>>>talent
    /spurstalk posters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi front runner now for MVP. I didnt even have him top 5 about 6 games ago.

This National TV Games man. They're like ×100 in MVP voting
    And we know how much Pop loved to let his team and best player shine on national TV games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is not that he sucks, but he is not Lebron and will never be, is not even a leader, how can a mute lead a team?
    After MJ, Lebron is the best player in NBA history. So Kawhi's not in that level? WHO CARES since no one other player could match it for decades.

But Kawhi is a legit top 3-5 player. If you don't get how great/important this is...I can't help.

Had his fair share of success in SA, but he is not the reason why Spurs won in 2014, the whole team was a killer and he had space to move, where was he the next season when Clippers took them out in the first round? where was the MVP?

Where was he when Spurs were losing lots of stupid RS games, specially vs the Pellicans?
    55 games in 2015, you think Lebron would have the same record in SA with that squad in that particular season?
    Kawhi was 23 years old in 2015 vs Pels vs Clippers... I have to remember you how many bad playoffs games LeBron had at the same age???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Kawhi doesn't suck. Neither does the Raptors supporting cast, as you are trying to sell.
    Def they would lose many games vs playoffs teams without him. Lowry 2-8 Siakam 3-8 Danny 2-9 Fred 2-7 OG 2-8...vs Philly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any chance kiwi dies soon ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any chance kiwi dies soon ?
    Who knows. Toronto's weather is horrible right now. Cold af...Some hypothermina can happen...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was annoyed with him at first with what happened last year but with the way he’s playing, I’m starting to think the Spurs really the bed somewhere along the way. He just seems too low key and driven to just play to have caused so much turmoil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was annoyed with him at first with what happened last year but with the way he’s playing, I’m starting to think the Spurs really the bed somewhere along the way. He just seems too low key and driven to just play to have caused so much turmoil.
    Truth bomb. And that's been my line of thinking all along. Although I think it was more of one person rather than the entire coaching staff. If kawhi felt that they took the other persons side instead of come to his defense then that's all it took for him to want out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Na, he just wanted to play closer to home. I really feel that is the reason he left, and his uncle did everything he could to try to make it happen but it didn't go the way they wanted (hence the fractured relationship with the spurs) and he ended up in Toronto for a year. He will be in California next year.

Thread Information