Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expecting to recreate the bubble magic of beating unmotivated teams - especially without its 2 biggest components (Johnson and White) is ridiculous. What we learned in the bubble is that the cause of this team's lack of wins and production rest on other player's shoulders. The players with the most to prove are Lyles and Aldridge. Both looked like hot garbage in the preseason. I would start White, Vassell and Johnson as soon as they are all healthy. Everyone else needs to line up behind them & follow their lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be absolutely re ed if PATFO didn't extend White. So definitely up in the air on what ends up happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hope in the 50 million range. Wouldn't mind moving Murray in the right package.

What's holding you back from seeing Murray moved for a bag of Funyuns? He has a ridiculous, unearned contract & he sucks out loud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Flakers just signed Kyle Kuzman to a 3 year 40 million deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if there were All-Star stipulations in his contract to increase his salary.
    I could see player incentives to tacked on, similar to Murray who got $64 million but up to $70 million with incentives.

Maybe up to $1,000,000,000 per season for games played ( at least 70 per season) and 3pt attempts per game ( at least 5 per game). That could be another $4 million on top of any guaranteed money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they know something about his long term health that we don't, why would they have started at $52M? Since they shot themselves in the foot by jumping the gun with Murray, I wouldn't even bother wasting their time or risking causing friction by playing that cliche game, which only insults others intelligence.

Spare me the spiel about the pandemic affecting revenue. From the contracts given out this off season and the amount of teams left holding the bag in terms of '21 free agency, now that the superstar/star market has predictably dried up, if they don't come correct, it'll likely cost even more next off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the top FAs for next summer have extended. With player salaries approaching $50M per year, I can absolutely see a team offering $20M a year to pry away the #1 PnR ball handler in the league, and a heady defender. People compare him to Manu, but I think his best comp is Jrue Holiday. Jrue never put up the real big numbers but he ran his team well, and was a dawg on defense.

$20M is the new $10M.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the top FAs for next summer have extended. With player salaries approaching $50M per year, I can absolutely see a team offering $20M a year to pry away the #1 PnR ball handler in the league, and a heady defender. People compare him to Manu, but I think his best comp is Jrue Holiday. Jrue never put up the real big numbers but he ran his team well, and was a dawg on defense.

$20M is the new $10M.
    Not only opposing timvp, but a good post. Coincidence? I think not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be interesting to see what the Spurs do with all that cap room next year-- most of the difference makers/pipe dreams have signed extensions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only opposing timvp, but a good post. Coincidence? I think not.
    If you read the article, that's exactly why I think the Spurs should/will get a deal done. With all the available cap space, White's perfect storm scenario has him potentially getting a nine-figure deal next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

$20M is the new $10M.
    I find myself agreeing with you more and more. This is the one player they really need to keep. Hopefully the FO doesn’t screw it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is the only player on this team who makes his team mates better. Resigning him is a must

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm going to think the deal is going to be over 20mil annually, given his completeness as a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is the only player on this team who makes his team mates better. Resigning him is a must
    I think Keldon is in or near that category, and Devin will be. Everyone else is either an iso scorer, or a support piece that needs the table set for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm going to think the deal is going to be over 20mil annually, given his completeness as a player.
    It will be,if this goes to next summer. They might be able to get him for $18M now. That would be 4/$72. I’m guessing they’re offering DJ money, $16M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone remember if the FO tried to extend Kyle Anderson and the two sides couldn't come to terms or did the Spurs for some reason (Kyle's play or cap gymnastics) not wish to even offer an extension? White is better than Kyle, but I wonder how often the FO doesn't extend #1 pick rookies?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you read the article, that's exactly why I think the Spurs should/will get a deal done. With all the available cap space, White's perfect storm scenario has him potentially getting a nine-figure deal next summer.
    I did, but you think and seemingly endorse them playing the usual negotiation game as opposed to cutting to the chase.

I think it's far more important to get this done as opposed to trying to outsmart the other side or pinch pennies.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone remember if the FO tried to extend Kyle Anderson and the two sides couldn't come to terms or did the Spurs for some reason (Kyle's play or cap gymnastics) not wish to even offer an extension? White is better than Kyle, but I wonder how often the FO doesn't extend #1 pick rookies?
    I think DJ was the first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be,if this goes to next summer. They might be able to get him for $18M now. That would be 4/$72. I’m guessing they’re offering DJ money, $16M.
    Yep I'll be surprised if it's under 72m.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you people are nuts. White would be crazy to take anything under 64. he could easily get a 75/4 offer sheet if he walks

the man will be in the closing lineup in our biggest games for the next 5 years. pay him like it. if the Spurs don’t want to fork up the cash to keep good players, then tank everything
    Well why stop at $75 Million why not make it a clear 100 Million as he has clearly shown that he is the next Kobe Bryant in these Pre season games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derek had any sense, he'd try to get something like 4yrs/90mil from the Spurs...then a week later go to the old man and ask for a trade.

Pop woud 100% sign off since it's the right thing to do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think it’s unlikely White will be an All-star? He’s clearly the team’s best player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see player incentives to tacked on, similar to Murray who got $64 million but up to $70 million with incentives.

Maybe up to $1,000,000,000 per season for games played ( at least 70 per season) and 3pt attempts per game ( at least 5 per game). That could be another $4 million on top of any guaranteed money.
    Is that a typo? I really like White but $1 billion a season seems over the top and the amount of luxury tax the Spurs needs to pay seems to be unworkable.��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might have an agreement with White on the extension figure but do not sign now so that they can sign FA next season before using bird rights on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might have an agreement with White on the extension figure but do not sign now so that they can sign FA next season before using bird rights on him.
    He's a restricted FA. Maybe he wants the max and the Spurs don't want to give it to him right now but will match it if some team offers it to him in FA.

Thread Information