Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, the Spurs look like a team without any weaknesses. but I also thought that in '04 (when they won 17 straight before getting backdoor swept by the Lakers) and 2012, which was basically a repeat of '04.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Tony Parker is always my primary concern going into the post-season. And to an extent, our overall PG rotation. We all love Patty, and he did seem to find his form last game, but he's been inconsistent since his return, and if "Enrique" shows up and Patty can't pick up the slack, our PG rotation is that much weaker (CoJo breakout aside, which is possible). Luckily, the point guard is the least impactful position on the floor, so if the worst case scenario rears its head, we still might be able to succeed in spite of poor play from our PGs.

Second concern is Tiago. Baynes has been a nice fill in, but Tiago is a much more versatile defender, a better passer, and more used to the system. Hopefully he can return 100% and get back into rhythm with the offense. It makes me uncomfortable if the plan is to wait until the playoffs to bring him back, since typically you need a couple of games to get back on track.

Belinelli. Pop seems to love him despite the guy being one of the worst wing defenders in the league. I hope he gets no more than spot minutes.

Kawhi's breakout hitting a wall. Kawhi has been doing a lot of damage off midrange jumpers (whether off the dribble or post) during his breakout. I hope he doesn't fall in love with it a'la Kobe and start forcing. And now, teams will be scheming for him as the primary option, so we can expect a lot of doubles, ball denial and harassment from opposing defenses. He's a big game/big moment player, so I'm sure he'll respond, but there's always a possibility he flounders, like 2011 Lebron, 04 Kobe, etc. Great thing is, though, even if Kawhi's offense sputters, he can impact the game in a variety of other ways. So I'm not too worried, but there will be games when we might need 30 from him.

Turnobili. Always a concern. Danny Green going cold at the wrong times. Duncan's body finally realizing it's 40 and falling apart.

These are just minor concerns, and odds are, most of them won't materialize (except Parker playing terrible and the occasional late game Turnobili TO), but you never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say by far my biggest worry is Tiago. Tony will come around, I'm not worried about him. I don't wonder if Kawhi will hit a wall. Pop has managed minutes so brilliantly, I don't think it is a big worry.

The other thing to worry about is if Golden State is as historically good as they have looked at times this year. We'll find out soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 point defense and the offense stalling. At times the Spurs offense looks unstoppable and at others we struggle to put up double digits in a qtr, especially the 3rd.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only concern for me is what I saw from the earlier meeting with the Rockets this week. That first half it was all iso plays, dribbling the ball out, Kawhi not even really getting the ball, indecisive ball movement when they would actually pass. As long as they stick to the plan on offense and at least make the slightest attempt on defense, I think they can make these playoffs look deceptively easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health is always the biggest concern. I know Splitter's injured, but all things considered going into the playoffs the Spurs are in relatively good health. Look at Okc, blazers, rockets and now memphis...each has some major injury concern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tim Duncan can miraculously continue to avoid injury at this age, we'll be good. I'm not worried about him, but it seems inevitable that if a guy plays the game long enough, eventually his body is going to deteriorate. Maybe he really is a superhuman who can play until he's 45, but every year at this point should be taken as a bonus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest concern:

That damn injury bug biting us in the ass.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Health
    2) Health
    3) Finding hotel availability for the the Riverwalk parade in June

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago and Patty are the concerns. Even if Kawhi hits a wall if teams scheme for him as the #1 option it opens things up for Parker and Duncan.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing on the road. Maybe the numbers don't back it up, but it sure feels like the spurs' offense is not nearly as good on the road versus at home.

Getting the two seed will alleviate some of that concern, but there's a good chance San Antonio will have to win a game in Oakland, which will be tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Splitter's injury(only major concern)

2. One of Manu/Parker playing consistently(the team only needs 1 of them to step up, as we've seen the past 2 years)
    3. Backup PG position
    4. Road games, the team hasn't been nearly as impressive away from home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing on the road. Maybe the numbers don't back it up, but it sure feels like the spurs' offense is not nearly as good on the road versus at home.

Getting the two seed will alleviate some of that concern, but there's a good chance San Antonio will have to win a game in Oakland, which will be tough.
    With this group winning on the road is a minor concern. They've been mediocre most of the season but a lot of that has to do with coasting/injuries/resting. There are 10 or so games off the top of my head the Spurs should of won but didn't due to those reasons (@Phoenix, Kings, @Nets, @Jazz, @Blazers, Thunder, Wizards, @Clippers, BULLs, and @Knicks) on top of the OT games that could've gone either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Splitter's injury(only major concern)

2. One of Manu/Parker playing consistently(the team only needs 1 of them to step up, as we've seen the past 2 years)
    3. Backup PG position
    4. Road games, the team hasn't been nearly as impressive away from home
    #4 see

With this group winning on the road is a minor concern. They've been mediocre most of the season but a lot of that has to do with coasting/injuries/resting. There are 10 or so games off the top of my head the Spurs should of won but didn't due to those reasons (@Phoenix, Kings, @Nets, @Jazz, @Blazers, Thunder, Wizards, @Clippers, BULLs, and @Knicks) on top of the OT games that could've gone either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, I think it's a minor concern, like the others on my list..

Splitter is my only major concern..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to mention that first loss @Mavs. That actually is the most obvious loss due to resting players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Health
    2) Health
    3) Finding hotel availability for the the Riverwalk parade in June
    agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about any of it. We're playing on house money. Throw it out there and let it ride. We either win or we lose. If we win, yay Tim Duncan can retire with 6 or more rings, which means everything to my family and makes my life complete, especially if I get to rub it in someone's face here how Kobe only has 5. However if we lose, then one day later there will be at least 5 "Why Tammy Cannot Repeat" threads and names you've not seen in months or years will magically appear to chime in.

So it's important that they win, because I'm forced by the laws of nature to log on here and see this . I should block all of you but since I've mentioned it now I cannot, lest I be a hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health and shady officiating. Even my normal concerns of Parker disappearing aren't as bad as before, just hoping for some good health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about any of it. We're playing on house money. Throw it out there and let it ride. We either win or we lose. If we win, yay Tim Duncan can retire with 6 or more rings, which means everything to my family and makes my life complete, especially if I get to rub it in someone's face here how Kobe only has 5. However if we lose, then one day later there will be at least 5 "Why Tammy Cannot Repeat" threads and names you've not seen in months or years will magically appear to chime in.

So it's important that they win, because I'm forced by the laws of nature to log on here and see this . I should block all of you but since I've mentioned it now I cannot, lest I be a hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Preach, DMC, preach.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Kyrie Irving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just the fact that we feel like the le is ours to lose, is a great feeling. I'm ready to enjoy Timmy and Manu's walking to the sunset party in complete tranquillity and confidence, the confidence of a fan who is greatful for everything and who acknowledges that everything that comes is just gravy.

on second thought, i'm really not, beli. Let's destroy everybody and stick dat LD in their mouths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP disappearing

Thread Information