Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man you so tiring, you talk about his contract and that it will embarass spurs cap space next year.

They will easily find a trade partner imo if they want some cap for mc dermott next year, that's just my take. Contenders value that kind of player for the spacing.

For a guy who is talking about rebuild months ago, you have some strange opinions.
    I am tiring? You’re ass is tiring . How on Earth anyone can make assumptions about SA being able to trade is beyond me. I feel like i am taking crazy pills talking to some of y’all.

I want a rebuild so how does signing a 29 year old to 3 years mesh with that? This is pretty straightforward common sense stuff here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if a gm can give a pick for Pj Tucker, no problem to trade mc dermott. The contract is not toxic but maybe it's complicated to understand for you.
    Tucker >>>>>>>> McDermott

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember the fluffers said the same thing about Fatty's 50 mil contract years ago. "We can always trade him for some value"

And Lamarcus Deal…wait.
    And Carrolll Deal…wait.
    And Mills Deal…wait.
    And Rudy Gay Deal…wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am tiring? You’re ass is tiring . How on Earth anyone can make assumptions about SA being able to trade is beyond me. I feel like i am taking crazy pills talking to some of y’all.

I want a rebuild so how does signing a 29 year old to 3 years mesh with that? This is pretty straightforward common sense stuff here.
    this dude should get a room with Atl Spur and they can echo re ed takes off each other

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anxiously waiting to see what type of protections are on that 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YESSSS!!!!! Now I can finally enjoy my first full Spurs season since kanji left, win or lose...I can give a less if the bulls win the finals and DDR starts hitting threes like curry and is the mvp...I just want him GONE and glad he finally is!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Lamarcus Deal…wait.
    And Carrolll Deal…wait.
    And Mills Deal…wait.
    And Rudy Gay Deal…wait.
    and Pau Gasol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this dude should get a room with Atl Spur and they can echo re ed takes off each other

You're so funny man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 protected in 2025, top 8 protected the next year, then conveys into a couple second rounders according to DPG21920.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott now Young AND Aminu. Three 4's plus Collins who when/if healthy can play 4 and 5. Big FU to Luka Samanic smh. Like the McDermott signing but I don't like this trade although I guess it makes sense getting the first. I'd rather us cut one of them though. We go youth at every other position and then trade for a 33 and 30 year old.
    yup. my first thoughts when I saw it. Samanic must now see what the Spurs think of him in living color.

absolutely pathetic off-season moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 protected in 2025, top 8 protected the next year, then conveys into a couple second rounders according to DPG21920.
    Well that sucks if true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    top 25 protected

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    At the time i hate Patty contract, you're so dumb lol

patty contract was nearly the same but four years, in an nba with less expensive contracts...
    The Patty contract was bad then. It's still bad now. Spurs bid against themselves, signing him minutes after free agency opened up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli gone.
    Forbes gone.
    LMA gone.
    Gay gone.
    Patty gone.
    DeRozan gone.

good times

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls fans think the Spurs won this trade on the main NBA subreddit.

This forum . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Patty contract was bad then. It's still bad now. Spurs bid against themselves, signing him minutes after free agency opened up.
    hmmm, that sounds like something else I've seen recently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This forum . . .
    They did in the fact DePression is no longer on our roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    $50 mil in cap space used for a top 10 protected 1st...in 2025. Second coming of Sam Presti over here in the Spurs front office folks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we'll be playing for a play in again?
    Yes, in fact I believe they can be the 6th seed barring injuries. With the development of vassell and Walker and white handling the ball more I’m super excited to see what the young guys got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Aminu hysterically phobic? Not sure how he'll get along with Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll actually watch Spurs games next season for once unlike the past couple of years when I bailed ten games into the season because it was constantly the same crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 2017 offseason was the beginning of the end for this franchise. And a lot of us saw the writing on the wall. But of course the sniffers thought it was all good, like they do now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mc Dermott deal is fine if we plan to actually tank. Two years tanking and the third year he's gone unless we're not actually tanking and then its bad. We can't fill the roster with just young players, it's not realistic.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

This forum . . .
    In a vacuum, looking at just the Demar trade, it looks fine. But when you factor in the protections on the 1st rounder and realizing that we spent $50 mil on a group of nothing players and a pick with protections...When you factor in that we drafted two guards with the promise that we would address our front court in free agency...When you factor in that they didn't even bother making an attempt at a John Collins offer(proabably doesn't fulfill the character/culture requirements)...it's looking like a disappointment of an offseason. The only thing people are happy about is the fact that the vets are gone. But we ended up using the 2nd most cap space in FA on two crappy whiteboys, and two washed up forwards. McNugget/ crappy Collins/old Thad Young/Aminu - does that look like $50 million well spent? I'd rather have the real Collins on a max contract over that garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those protections aren't abysmal, but Chicago doesn't even have their 27 second. I don't think they can trade past 2028, so I don't know where they're getting the two seconds from. The Spurs might be able to use that pick in trades before it ckmes due, but I hate any first that has a chance to become seconds.

Thread Information