Page 84 of 173 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe the D-Line is really solid? Bo Davis is a top notch coach. He’s gonna have the D-Line wrecking shop around midway point
    Texas D-Line is top 5 in the country easily. Most OL would struggle.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Defence should be great coming out of the gate. They gel quicker than the offence does.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No disrespect meant but after watching the video with all of the coaches and Chip Brown's questions...

What is wrong with Chip Brown?
    Those list questions and his speech... I hope he is a great writer because he is just awful at interview questions. And actually just asking them.
    Was he not prepared...? I dont keep up with the various press guys that follow and write about Texas so... did he get hit by a car or does he have some sort of impairment? I really liked listening to these other coaches but can "we" somehow make him submit written questions...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    and crap...

cant complete long passes if your oline cant block.........card has taken many sacks in practice as he did in the spring game
    Offense will be marginally better than last year, by OK game. Much better by bowl game.

Texas D-Line is top 5 in the country easily. Most OL would struggle.
    I hope you are right. I still don’t feel confident about our oline. We do have the best oline coach we have had in as long as I can remember, but it’s hard to forget how Sam was pummeled last year.
    And a freshman qb….
    But I honestly feel this might be the best overall staff I have ever seen for the Longhorns.
    I am ready for some football !!!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hope you are right. I still don’t feel confident about our oline. We do have the best oline coach we have had in as long as I can remember, but it’s hard to forget how Sam was pummeled last year.
    And a freshman qb….
    But I honestly feel this might be the best overall staff I have ever seen for the Longhorns.
    I am ready for some football !!!!!
    Flood was quite impressive in the interview.
    He likes talking about the OL. Dont remember that kind of simple detail from the big fella last year.
    And I remember one member on here raving about Herb Hand before he came. Honestly, I dont remember the last time I felt like we had a solid offensive line.

I'm worried Tyler Johnson just isn't good

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm worried Tyler Johnson just isn't good
    He's still in the incubator. Patience is needed with OL development sometimes. He is still relatively young.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Why is he wearing a chef's hat

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Hudson Card was the first quarterback with the ones in the first half of today’s scrimmage. Casey Thompson went with the ones for the second half of the scrimmage.

“Both did well,” a source said. “And the offense was a lot better this week.”

Joshua Moore had about a 60-yard reception among “some really good catches.”

Xavier Worthy also had several catches and "was electric” in the scrimmage.

Kai Money also "showed out" Saturday.

The running backs had a good day with another strong showing from freshman Jonathon Brooks.

Jordan Whittington (hamstring) and Troy Omeire (knee) didn’t play in the scrimmage.

Cade Brewer missed the last two days of practice after having his knee drained, but Brewer DID play in the scrimmage Saturday.

On defense, freshman Ishmael Ibraheem had an interception against one of the backup quarterbacks.

The scrimmage included a lot of situational football.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scrimmage # 2 Notes (Inside Texas)

The defense was a bit sluggish on the day. It feels like the scrimmage was geared to ensure offensive success, but that may be a mischaracterization. It’s hard to know without having seen the practice in person, but the offense ran the ball well to the outside while the defense struggled to set the edge. That’s a bit curious.

Overall they ran about 100 plays. Some of the day was ones vs twos; some of it was ones vs ones, particularly in the red zone.

There were a few more penalties than normal — of the dumb mental variety.

The offense was in a good play calling rhythm and had the defense a little off balance for the first time all camp. Hudson Card, who is said to have a growing command of the offense, threw three touchdowns to Joshua Moore. Two of them were on go routes, one was on a short screen. IT heard each touchdown was against the twos, but the second team corners are not chopped liver.

The running backs had a good day, aside Keilan Robinson who was held out to rest. Roschon Johnson broke off a long run, breaking tackles in the process, and Jonathon Brooks had a good day running to the outside. Typical of freshman, he tends to tip toe when running inside. Bijan is Bijan.

Along with Joshua Moore’s productive day, Xavier Worthy had 3-4 receptions. His best “catch“ of the day was an out of bounds incompletion where he showed great athleticism and concentration.

Juan Davis had a big gain on a tight end screen. He made a move then hit the gas and gained about 50 yards. Athletic dude.

The defense kept things pretty vanilla and IT didn’t hear about any standouts on that side of the ball. But overall the defense didn’t play terribly and it feels like there was a governor on them.

Freshman wide receiver Jaden Alexis hurt his knee early on in the scrimmage but the severity is unknown.

Next Saturday’s scrimmage is a mock game.

If you have any good questions, we’ll try and get them answered for the Scoop.

Correction: Casey Thompson had one of the go route TD’s. The other TD in the below clip was called back (holding). For our purposes it’s still a good ball.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information