My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otto porter????

would love him on this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo is free agent. Spurs could use him in case Dante Cunningham gets hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll do Mills + Pau for Batum if they give us 2 firsts lol
    Do you realize how disrespectful it'd be to let Parker go and trade away for his best friend? Parker and Batum are gonna have a resurgence of French pride fed by the French team winning the world cup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo is free agent. Spurs could use him in case Dante Cunningham gets hurt.
    I think he got traded to the Hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll is still around. I wouldn't exactly call him a three anymore, though. I could see the Nets considering Pau and the Toronto pick for Demarre and a second. Getting out of Gasol's last year would be nice, and there's not a ton of downside in terms of their pick. Even if they get something like the Indy pick (reverse-protected until 2023), they may only give up two potentially worse seconds. Hopefully, it would be the NYK pick.

I wouldn't be completely against a Gasol/Deng swap if LAL compensated SA properly for the savings. Maybe something like Gasol for Deng, the rights to Bonga and their first this year. SA has no need for cap space next summer, and get can keep collecting assets for a rebuild while they still try to contend. Deng may be completely finished, and if he is, then he probably doesn't make sense. But if he can get back to form from before his LAL days, he could fill out the forward depth.

I still like Harris and would have no issue with SAS being aggressive and trying to turn Pau into Harris and another player like Montrezl Harrell (S&T obviously). There's an argument to be made against getting another guy who needs touches inside the arc, but he would add the scoring punch that we are hoping Gay somehow provides going forward. On the cheaper side, the Spurs might be able to trade Manu's deal and some seconds for Sam Dekker. Dude has legit forward size but just hasn't put it together.

Paul Zipser is still a free agent? Another flame-out, but with Poeltl on the roster, I could see SA bringing him in for camp. I see no reason to not burn the Blossomgame card at this point. The team has enough of the MLE to give him a four-year deal, which would take him deep into his physical prime. Had KBD fallen to them (which still hurts), then having him on such a deal would have been amazing. Jaron doesn't seem to have that in him, but you never know what can happen with time. I also think Brandon Paul has a legit chance to sticking around. He should be better in his second season with the club. , he started off really well on both ends before something derailed it. I'm not against giving him another chance. I just wish his guarantee date wasn't until after camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Tayshawn Prince still around?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only one who thinks DeRozan will start at the 3 alongside Mills and Murray?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, you mean there's a chance Mills starts?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only one who thinks DeRozan will start at the 3 alongside Mills and Murray?
    As roster is now, DDR is most likely starter at the 3. I think most fans would like to see one bigger true SF who can move/defend (Gay is more of a 3/4 at this point and never known as good defender, although possible he could show more mobility further removed from what was a serious injury).

If Spurs look to make move, DDR may still start at 3 depending on quality of player acquired.

I think D Carroll probably easiest to acquire, but honesty haven't really watched him and don't know if his ability to defend athletic wings has declined. Obviously would be nice to get a young guy with some upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Tayshawn Prince still around?
    I think he’s still alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please don't associate me with Oedipus. That is just wrong. I can actually form complete sentences.

Murray is still raw and White hasn't done anything yet outside of looking good against summer league guys that he damn well should have looked good against.
    What do you think it would take to get prince? Would it be worth the Spurs while considering our current roster imbalance?
    With respect, I think most teams value Murray higher. He's a rebounding beast, he looks like he's been working on his shot and he's been all NBA defensive second team. I like Prince, but I wouldn't give up Murray for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With respect, I think most teams value Murray higher. He's a rebounding beast, he looks like he's been working on his shot and he's been all NBA defensive second team. I like Prince, but I wouldn't give up Murray for him.
    I def would not want to give up Murray first. I like his potential and I think that if he puts the work in, he could be an all star caliber PG. Thing is, we now have three good young backcourt prospects but no young (big) wings to pair with them. It just makes sense to me to at least give the Hawks a call and see if they would consider either a White or Walker package for Prince. I DO NOT agree with the poster above who said that Walker for Prince would be and overpay by us. I mean, I watched Walker's summer league minutes and all that I can tell so far is that he's an athlete. I believe Prince is the real deal. He's a guy that has already proven that he can play against real NBA compe ion and had (I think) four games with at least 30 pts last year. Having that type of young wing to pair with our two remaining guard prospects would help to balance out the roster somewhat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As roster is now, DDR is most likely starter at the 3. I think most fans would like to see one bigger true SF who can move/defend (Gay is more of a 3/4 at this point and never known as good defender, although possible he could show more mobility further removed from what was a serious injury).

If Spurs look to make move, DDR may still start at 3 depending on quality of player acquired.

I think D Carroll probably easiest to acquire, but honesty haven't really watched him and don't know if his ability to defend athletic wings has declined. Obviously would be nice to get a young guy with some upside.
    He was solid. Not spectacular but more than worth a trade for sure. He was in the top 15 SF for DRPM (and he was positive in many other defensive metrics as well).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I def would not want to give up Murray first. I like his potential and I think that if he puts the work in, he could be an all star caliber PG. Thing is, we now have three good young backcourt prospects but no young (big) wings to pair with them. It just makes sense to me to at least give the Hawks a call and see if they would consider either a White or Walker package for Prince. I DO NOT agree with the poster above who said that Walker for Prince would be and overpay by us. I mean, I watched Walker's summer league minutes and all that I can tell so far is that he's an athlete. I believe Prince is the real deal. He's a guy that has already proven that he can play against real NBA compe ion and had (I think) four games with at least 30 pts last year. Having that type of young wing to pair with our two remaining guard prospects would help to balance out the roster somewhat.
    You don't have to agree but, Walker is vastly more valuable than Prince.

Are you sure you're not apo?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A more realistic offer for Prince (who I actually like beside Walker and Murray in future years) would be something like Pau+Paul+ Forbes+Toronto's 1st for Bazemore and Prince. It eats up our cap next year but, I think it probably helps us short term and long term to a certain degree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see the Spurs making more moves before the season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A more realistic offer for Prince (who I actually like beside Walker and Murray in future years) would be something like Pau+Paul+ Forbes+Toronto's 1st for Bazemore and Prince. It eats up our cap next year but, I think it probably helps us short term and long term to a certain degree.
    That lines up all the cap space in 2020 as the Spurs seem to be trying to do, and it would be a great deal. But that's not nearly enough for Atlanta. They love Prince and have plenty of cap space next summer even with Bazemore on the books. You're just offering filler and a pick that's guaranteed to not be top 20. I don't know how much more it would take, but it would certainly involve one of Murray or Walker.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are we gonna waive bp3 so we can add some sf prospect. Any sf FA that showed anything in summer league?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That lines up all the cap space in 2020 as the Spurs seem to be trying to do, and it would be a great deal. But that's not nearly enough for Atlanta. They love Prince and have plenty of cap space next summer even with Bazemore on the books. You're just offering filler and a pick that's guaranteed to not be top 20. I don't know how much more it would take, but it would certainly involve one of Murray or Walker.
    No matter how much cap space you have, getting more is valuable. The market for $20M in cap space is currently a 1st round pick in the 16-20 range. So clearing, what would amount to about $12M for Atlanta, should be worth at least a late round 1st + we would be giving them an additional late round 1st. In essence that is a two late round 1st's in value for Prince. That's a pretty good haul for Prince.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are we gonna waive bp3 so we can add some sf prospect. Any sf FA that showed anything in summer league?
    They don't have to waive Paul. They just have to be willing to eat his deal if he doesn't make the roster. I really wish BP were even two inches taller. But failing that, he's probably a top-three perimeter defender on the team right now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have to waive Paul. They just have to be willing to eat his deal if he doesn't make the roster. I really wish BP were even two inches taller. But failing that, he's probably a top-three perimeter defender on the team right now
    I like him better than forbes tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a hard cap they are dealing with though and I forget how close they are so they may waive him is my guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a hard cap they are dealing with though and I forget how close they are so they may waive him is my guess.
    They're like $11 Million from the hard cap. They don't need to waive him unless they don't like where he is right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're like $11 Million from the hard cap. They don't need to waive him unless they don't like where he is right now.
    Oh wow - didn’t realize that much from the hard cap. That including Beli/Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him better than forbes tbh
    We all should. Paul began the season looking like quality depth. Something made him fall off, but if he can get back to that, he would be way more impactful than anyone can expect Forbes to be

Thread Information